Dan Radcliffe Does Not Want to be A Hobbit

Radcliffe
August 18, 2009, 10:18 AM

The author of the LA Times Hero Complex Blog recently went to Leavesden studios for a series of interviews with cast members on the set of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows which are due later this fall. While there, Geoff Boucher spoke to actor Dan Radcliffe regarding the persistent rumors that Dan was on the short list to be cast in the upcoming film production of "The Hobbit." In this new interview, Dan firmly states he has no interest in the project with "any wizards in it. "I'd have to say, 'Thanks but no thanks,' not that anyone has asked me. Honestly, I don't think they would want me anyway, it's just too close. Whatever I do next, I don't think there will be any wizards in it!"

Dan also weighs in on who he think a good candidate for the part of the beloved young Hobbit Bilbo Baggins: "James McAvoy is fantastic. I think he should play it. I've done the fantasy-film thing. Actually, so has he, with the 'Chronicles of Narnia,' of course. But I've done it for longer. He can take over. I'm done. I don't think anybody involved in that would want me to, either."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Radcliffe News

Evanna_lynch_2_thumb

I don’t want Dan to be a hobbit i want him to stay Harry Potter forever

Posted by Rosalie Granger on August 18, 2009, 12:55 PM report to moderator
Laughing_dan_thumb
2027 Points

ya yeah no that would be aweful. but james macavoy is a great idea! hes so sexy too… :P

Posted by sunlitdays (ROAR) on August 18, 2009, 01:09 PM report to moderator
48413_in_l_thumb

i agree with him – he must be wanting to do something new!

Posted by emmalinnankivi on August 18, 2009, 01:15 PM report to moderator
Muahaha_thumb

Heh, I love Dan, he’s so candid. And I agree, James McAvoy would be terrific!

Posted by ScottMan on August 18, 2009, 01:17 PM report to moderator

@aligea35…are you not aware a lot of the great actors have not been tall….that is a myth…….in fact one of the very best…Mickey Rooney is only 5"3"..and
many today are very short …it’s an illusion…….we know about illusion and majgic here don’t we?….you
might want to do your homework on actors …past and present…. a lot of them stood n boxes!! LOL…for real.

I’m Soooo glad Dan has said he doesn’t want to do these films..theres apparently going to be at least two [ 2 ] The Hobbit films ……but I’m also glad they thought enough of him to think to put him on the ’short list" ..a term which means a small amount of people who may be sought for a spacific part in a film….
And I so agree about James McAvery …Dan is right..he would be the
perfect [ ! ] choice.

Now if they said Dan was going to be in the other film Pater Jackson is making a WWII film “Damn Buster” I would say Go! Dan!!! do it!!

Posted by Jeannine on August 18, 2009, 01:18 PM report to moderator

And I so agree about James McAvery …Dan is right..he would be the
perfect [ ! ] choice.

Now if they said Dan was going to be in the other film Peter Jackson is making a WWII film “Damn Buster” I would say Go! Dan!!! do it!!

Posted by Jeannine on August 18, 2009, 01:18 PM report to moderator

OOOPS! sorry that’s “Damn Busters”

Posted by Jeannine on August 18, 2009, 01:21 PM report to moderator
Draco_bathroom_thumb

i don’t think anyone would want to be a hobbit ..

Posted by ϟNearlyHeadlessNicoleϟ {ROAR} [Plushie] on August 18, 2009, 01:30 PM report to moderator
Zombie-potter_thumb

I love Dan, he’s so up front and honest. I could see him doing a role as a Hobbit, it would be funny… hmm… idea. Anyhoo.. he’s right though James McAvoy (another of my favorite actors) would be great as hobbit.

Posted by Bad-Muggle on August 18, 2009, 01:42 PM report to moderator

I just read this because of the title…in my head it was different…

Posted by ♥Sparkly Purple Cloud♥{WBM}♥ on August 18, 2009, 01:48 PM report to moderator
Xz5jc2nr_thumb
22044 Points

you need something different!!! ILY

Dan-rupert-and-emma-harry-potter-7604230-500-340_thumb

lol…. i am with Dan on this one, i will prefer to see him in new stuff, but he will always be our favourite wizard…

Posted by Pols on August 18, 2009, 02:03 PM report to moderator

james fan girl squeeeeeeeee

Posted by Celtise [TTW] on August 18, 2009, 02:18 PM report to moderator
Harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows-20070328093850961_thumb

I can’t see him staring in anything but harry potter but if he had to he’s probably be in a action movie… lol

All-voldemort-needs_thumb

Can’t blame him! + fairly speaking, I don’t think he would be a good hobbit))))

Posted by Pollytomat on August 18, 2009, 02:31 PM report to moderator

As [the egg] rose in the jar it cracked open and a hummingbird emerged, which was carried to the very top of the jar, but as it fell on the draft, its feathers became bedraggled and damp again, and by the time it had been borne back to the bottom of the j