Dan Radcliffe Does Not Want to be A Hobbit

Radcliffe
August 18, 2009, 10:18 AM

The author of the LA Times Hero Complex Blog recently went to Leavesden studios for a series of interviews with cast members on the set of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows which are due later this fall. While there, Geoff Boucher spoke to actor Dan Radcliffe regarding the persistent rumors that Dan was on the short list to be cast in the upcoming film production of "The Hobbit." In this new interview, Dan firmly states he has no interest in the project with "any wizards in it. "I'd have to say, 'Thanks but no thanks,' not that anyone has asked me. Honestly, I don't think they would want me anyway, it's just too close. Whatever I do next, I don't think there will be any wizards in it!"

Dan also weighs in on who he think a good candidate for the part of the beloved young Hobbit Bilbo Baggins: "James McAvoy is fantastic. I think he should play it. I've done the fantasy-film thing. Actually, so has he, with the 'Chronicles of Narnia,' of course. But I've done it for longer. He can take over. I'm done. I don't think anybody involved in that would want me to, either."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Radcliffe News

Hhahahahaha!!!! Oh Dan :D

Posted by AudreyLouiseLovegood on August 18, 2009, 10:23 AM report to moderator

OHHHHHHH!!! James McAvory WILL be fantastic!!!

Posted by AudreyLouiseLovegood on August 18, 2009, 10:23 AM report to moderator

Dan is such a sweetheart :D

Posted by AudreyLouiseLovegood on August 18, 2009, 10:24 AM report to moderator

He seems very anxious about being typecasted. I look forward to what he will do next; I imagine it will be something totally new.

Posted by Blibbering Humdinger on August 18, 2009, 10:26 AM report to moderator

I suppose after playing a wizard for so many years i’d make sence to try on something different. good for Dan taking charge of his film career.

Posted by mugglenan on August 18, 2009, 10:26 AM report to moderator
Dream_theater__majesty_logo_thumb

i dont want him to be a hobbit either

Posted by chrisbDTM {ROÅR!} on August 18, 2009, 10:28 AM report to moderator
Ravenclaw_thumb

Oh, Sue! “Short list” I can’t believe you chose that phrase innocently! LOL!

Good for Dan for understanding that his fans would rather see him challenged in many ways other than as “just” a fantasy hero!

Posted by NCMcGonagall on August 18, 2009, 10:29 AM report to moderator
The_one__colored_by_burdge_bug_thumb

hahaha “short-list” loving the pun.

Dan as a hobbit…hmmm too wierd

Posted by Luce-Lupin !~ROAR~! on August 18, 2009, 10:43 AM report to moderator
Before_qudditch_thumb

i like him as a wizard :) i wont him be a hobbit either

Posted by TasyaWeasley on August 18, 2009, 10:45 AM report to moderator

I think he should broaden his film career. He deserves to try something new!

Posted by impoohnfrenz on August 18, 2009, 10:47 AM report to moderator

I should like to see him in an action-comedy, perhaps a period action-comedy, taking place in the late 1800’s/early 1900’s.

Posted by abhand2 on August 18, 2009, 10:58 AM report to moderator
The-moose_thumb

It’s too bad that Dan doesnt want to star in The Hobbit but, I can totally understand why, although with his ventures into the stage andother movie genres with roles in December Boys and My Boy Jack, he’s already making moves to not be typecast.
While I would love for Dan to be correct about James McAvoy, I read (although it could have been a rumor) that James McAvoy had denied being cast for a role in The Hobbit. I think he would have been great and, he has had experience playing a magical creature which I thought he did so well. It would be awesome if it turned out that Dan was right and James McAvoy gets the role.

Posted by Moose_Starr on August 18, 2009, 11:04 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter_and_the_deathly_hallows__part_i_58_thumb

Hahaha……..bt i think he is better as a wizard….

Posted by Astha on August 18, 2009, 11:14 AM report to moderator

Haha, this title made me laugh.

Posted by Wingardium Leviosa ❄WBM❄ on August 18, 2009, 11:15 AM report to moderator
Capture10_thumb

i dont blame him. i would want to be one either.

Posted by Gryffindor1991 {ROAR!!!} on August 18, 2009, 11:17 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"My gran says that's rubbish," piped up Neville. "She says it's the [i]Daily Prophet[/i] that's going downhill, not Dumbledore. She's canceled our subscription. We believe Harry," he said simply... "My gran's always said You-Know-Who would come back one d