Harry Potter and Half-Blood Prince DVD Set to Include Digital Download, Bonus DVD, more

HBP Film
August 17, 2009, 06:21 PM

Last month we first told you the DVD for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince will be released in time for the holidays on December 7th of this year, with several retailers providing early notice of availability for the disc. Play.com has now updated with more information on the Blu-ray edition, including word that Half-Blood Prince will have two discs and "a bonus DVD Copy of the movie and a Digital Copy for your portable movie player."

The Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince DVD will be available on standard DVD and Blu-ray.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

A perfect Christmas gift! Although, I don’t know if I could hold off not opening it ’til then . . .

Posted by aj_ellybean on August 18, 2009, 04:19 AM report to moderator
Avatars_febtagline_03_thumb

cool!!

Posted by fifi ~::~ ıɟıɟ {WBM!} {ITC!} on August 18, 2009, 04:39 AM report to moderator
Avatar_hp_thumb

YAY!! This is great news!!

I can’t wait for the DVD to come out there is nothing like sitting at home watching them, and the bonus discs’ are also a bonus rofl! xoxo

Bringonbluesky_108-3copy_thumb

Can’t wait to get it!

Posted by anisia on August 18, 2009, 06:46 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter_half_blood_prince2_thumb

I wonder if the standard DVD version will include a digital copy too?

Posted by Glowingnargle on August 18, 2009, 07:11 AM report to moderator
Ron_and_greyback_thumb

Can’t wait for this :D I hope HBP has better special features than the OotP DVD and perhaps a sneak peak at deathly hallows :D fingers crossed

Posted by tomriddle01 on August 18, 2009, 07:14 AM report to moderator
Fj_sbokbillde_thumb

Wow, that is VERY cool that they’re putting it out as one of their combo’s! I knew they were gonna do that with a lot of movies, but I had no idea they’d do it with Harry Potter! And that they’re also giving us a digital copy? I LOVE how they’re making it so much easier for us to bring it on the go! They’re really giving something back to us fans with this release. :)

Posted by Kissa on August 18, 2009, 07:23 AM report to moderator
My_avatar_thumb

I am hoping they may have a deleted scene of Snape and Harry in the bathroom with Runil Waslips book or detention with the files of Sirius and James’ misdemeanors!

Posted by SnapesSilverDoe on August 18, 2009, 08:58 AM report to moderator
The-moose_thumb

I was only able to go see HBP one time so, I am really excited for the DVD. I only have prehistoric standard DVD so, I am hoping they include bonus stuff with that, too. And, with the upcoming release of the collectors CoS DVD there is so much to be excited about lol

Posted by Moose_Starr on August 18, 2009, 09:39 AM report to moderator

Day before my birthday!
Lets hope this download is something we can all have after my hopes for the soundtrack came crashing down on my ears (I’ve still not discovered any features on my disc)

Posted by pipkin3 on August 18, 2009, 09:53 AM report to moderator
Zombie-potter_thumb

I’m holding out to buy the whole movie series on Blu-Ray. Until then regular old DVD will have to do. Blu-Rays are way awesome, but rather pricey. Can’t wait until they push out the Harry Potter Collectors Set (Films 1-7) on Blu-Ray!

Posted by Bad-Muggle on August 18, 2009, 10:08 AM report to moderator

VERY COOOOOL!

Posted by AudreyLouiseLovegood on August 18, 2009, 10:13 AM report to moderator

yay HBP for my i pod!!!

Posted by AudreyLouiseLovegood on August 18, 2009, 10:13 AM report to moderator

ha ha…I’m sooooo not waiting for Christmas to get this! :)

Posted by AudreyLouiseLovegood on August 18, 2009, 10:16 AM report to moderator
Imgres_1__thumb

can’t wait. that’s actually a really fast release on dvd!

Posted by mjkalldaway (ROAR) on August 18, 2009, 11:21 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"I cared about you too much," said Dumbledore simply. "I cared more for your happiness than your knowing the truth, more for your peace of mind than my plan, more for your life than the lives that might be lost if the plan failed. In other words, I acted