Harry Potter and Half-Blood Prince DVD Set to Include Digital Download, Bonus DVD, more

HBP Film
August 17, 2009, 06:21 PM

Last month we first told you the DVD for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince will be released in time for the holidays on December 7th of this year, with several retailers providing early notice of availability for the disc. Play.com has now updated with more information on the Blu-ray edition, including word that Half-Blood Prince will have two discs and "a bonus DVD Copy of the movie and a Digital Copy for your portable movie player."

The Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince DVD will be available on standard DVD and Blu-ray.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Normal_tomriddle2_scarpotter_thumb

I cannot wait for this to come out! I don’t have a blu-ray player yet, but I’ll probably buy they blu-ray disc anyway.

Posted by Huffleclaw65 on August 17, 2009, 07:51 PM report to moderator
Normal_tomriddle2_scarpotter_thumb

Posted by Huffleclaw65 on August 17, 2009, 07:52 PM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

Yay I’m soo excited!!!! I hope they have sneak peek of DH!

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on August 17, 2009, 08:17 PM report to moderator
Films_dh_articles_dhew_11_thumb

I think that the Blu-Ray version would be awesome! I wonder what the special features would be for the second disc. I ‘m marking my calendar! Can’t wait ’til the 7th of December!

Posted by harrypotter1991{ROAR} on August 17, 2009, 08:43 PM report to moderator
Capture10_thumb

i cant wait for it!!!

Posted by Gryffindor1991 {ROAR!!!} on August 17, 2009, 09:04 PM report to moderator
Dan-rupert-and-emma-harry-potter-7604230-500-340_thumb

this all sounds awsome!!!! can’t wait for the dvd!!!!

Posted by Pols on August 17, 2009, 09:19 PM report to moderator
Rupes_maggie_thumb

yay, but i wish it was out now! LOL

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on August 17, 2009, 09:45 PM report to moderator
Puppet_pals_yes_thumb
Love the digital copy idea. Sooooooo going on my Christmas list!!!!!
Posted by phoenixes are in ravenclaw on August 17, 2009, 10:18 PM report to moderator
Dh__flight_of_hedwig_by_clouded_ambition_thumb

I’ll be waiting in line.

Posted by dcsbelle [WBM] OOM3, CW on August 17, 2009, 10:22 PM report to moderator
Iheartfredgeorge_thumb

Can’t wait!! :D

Posted by Mera004 on August 17, 2009, 10:40 PM report to moderator
Hbp_movie_thumb

I can not wait that is going to look beyond awesome in Blu ray

Posted by Blatcher(ROAR) on August 17, 2009, 11:20 PM report to moderator

Cant wait

Posted by madman1277 on August 18, 2009, 12:24 AM report to moderator
Shikoku_thumb

Oh!! I am so excited! Though I wish it’d come sooner..
But Oh well. :D

Posted by Eknedah on August 18, 2009, 12:53 AM report to moderator
Avatars_movies_ootp_002_thumb

Yeah – but the digital download will be Windows Media Player only – they refuse to play ball with Mac owners or iTunes! So I just rip the DVDs myself straight to my iPod. But it ticks me off that they charge for the digital download, and claim to be giving you something special, but it’s just bogus. I’ve complained on the WB website, but they don’t care – as evidenced by their postponement of the the film release. Whatever makes the money – that’s all they care about.

Posted by Agrippa1 on August 18, 2009, 02:20 AM report to moderator

A perfect Christmas gift! Although, I don’t know if I could hold off not opening it ’til then . . .

Posted by aj_ellybean on August 18, 2009, 04:18 AM report to moderator

One floor down, pandemonium reigned. Somebody (and Harry had a very shrewd idea who) had set off what seemed to be an enormous crate of enchanted fireworks.