Happy Birthday, Jim Dale

Actor Birthdays
Posted by: Edward
August 15, 2009, 10:26 AM

Happy Birthday wishes go out on this day to Jim Dale, who is the narrator of the US Harry Potter audio books.  Mr. Dale is celebrating his 74th birthday.  Cheers to you, Mr. Dale!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Actor Birthdays News

Happy Birthday! The audiobooks are great, and so is his voice.

Posted by Wingardium Leviosa ❄WBM❄ on August 15, 2009, 07:56 PM report to moderator
Blast-ended_skrewt_thumb

Mr. Dale, my wife and I bought your DH recording at the same time as the book and spent Release Weekend listening to your interpretation of JKR’s marvelous characters. What fun! Since then I have listened a couple more times to your DH and continue to be amazed at the nuance and variety of the voices you use. So, a very happy birthday to you, with many more to come.

Posted by Professor Skrewt, OoM4, SM on August 15, 2009, 08:05 PM report to moderator
Blast-ended_skrewt_thumb

Posted by Professor Skrewt, OoM4, SM on August 15, 2009, 08:06 PM report to moderator
Rh7_thumb

Happy Birthday!

Posted by bec majec *roar* on August 15, 2009, 08:59 PM report to moderator

Happyyy Birthday Jim! I have yet to listen to your work, but I’m sure you’re fabulous!

Posted by weasleymyking on August 15, 2009, 09:09 PM report to moderator
Rupes_maggie_thumb

happy birthday, mr. dale! :)

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on August 15, 2009, 09:09 PM report to moderator
Weasleys-da_thumb

Happy Birthday Mr. Dale and many more. Thank you for what has been a continuous joy listening to these amazing stories told in your amazing way.

Posted by fngw417 on August 15, 2009, 09:28 PM report to moderator
Sblack_thumb

Happy Birthday, Jim!

Posted by Mellzey72 on August 15, 2009, 09:49 PM report to moderator

We LOVE you Jim!!!!! Your voices are spellbinding!!! Have a good one!!!

Posted by AudreyLouiseLovegood on August 15, 2009, 10:17 PM report to moderator
Dh__flight_of_hedwig_by_clouded_ambition_thumb

You’ve made me appreciate the HP books on a whole new level through your readings. Have a very special birthday!

Posted by dcsbelle [WBM] OOM3, CW on August 15, 2009, 10:33 PM report to moderator

I LOVE HIM.
happy bithay!
my birthday was the 14th!!

Posted by john-robert. on August 15, 2009, 10:34 PM report to moderator
Dgraymanclockroom37_thumb

Happy Birthday! :D

Posted by Rumbleroarϟ{WBM!}ǝıʞɔnp! on August 15, 2009, 10:56 PM report to moderator
Photo_901_thumb

the audio books are FANTASTIC! you all must purchase them, no matter the price. I’ve been listening to them since they were only tapes when I was like 10, and it really helped me pronounce the words and stuff. Now, listening to other audio books, nothing can compare to his superior narration. He has won multiple grammys for HP audio book, and deserves every one.
My dad calls Jim Dale (jokingly) my second father, because I used to listen to the audio books every night before I went to sleep. They’re a great hands free reading tool! Just listened to part of DH today, actually, even before I knew it was his birthday!

Posted by luna101 on August 15, 2009, 10:59 PM report to moderator
2865_1127012896097_1250404635_30357756_4615970_n_thumb

happy b-day jim. Hope your day is great.

Posted by got2lovme on August 15, 2009, 11:45 PM report to moderator
China-aboutuk-300x400-sword_thumb

Happy birthday Mr. Dale!

Posted by Nimbus-X >---ROAR---> on August 15, 2009, 11:51 PM report to moderator

Uncle Vernon opened his mouth, closed it again, opened it once more, shut it, then, apparently struggling to remember how to talk, opened it for a third time and croaked, "So -- so -- they -- er -- they -- er -- they actually exist, do they -- er -- demen

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014