Extended Edition of Harry Potter and Sorcerer's Stone to Be Released, More Possible Soon

Movies
August 12, 2009, 11:16 PM

Great news tonight! At long last, the extended editions of the Harry Potter films are being planned for release.  Rope of Silicon is reporting that after the latest Motion Picture of America ratings bulletin, there was word that an extended edition of  Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone had been rated PG. The report continues that emails were sent to reps for Warner Home Video about possible extended editions of all the Harry Potter films, receiving the following reply: "Although we've not announced [it yet], all Harry Potter films are being planned to get special upcoming releases!"

Please note: We have no idea on the actual content (ie if this is the same version they show on ABC family) or whether they are contained in those special "Ultimate Collectors" DVDs we've heard about recently or when exactly this, and hopefully the others, will be available to fans; more when we get it!

Thanks much to Rope of Silicon and Jeremy at HPANA for emailing!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

oh squeeeeeeee!!!

Posted by AudreyLouiseLovegood on August 13, 2009, 07:32 PM report to moderator
Bellatrixlestrange_thumb

hey you guys, i need your help… my 12 year old lil bro is posing as a lookalike
Tom Riddle, what do you think?

not the exact picture, but him looking like him. we changed the background a bit on the official one :D

and this is the REAL Tom Riddle…

Posted by post-leaky-guy on August 13, 2009, 07:58 PM report to moderator
Dumbledore_thumb

Holy muffin, imexcited

Posted by shelbypotter [wbm] on August 13, 2009, 08:18 PM report to moderator
Icongeneration_thumb

SQUEE!

Posted by ♥Andera {Longbottom}♥ on August 13, 2009, 11:06 PM report to moderator

Amazon is listing both Sorcerer’s and Chamber in Ultimate Editions but don’t have release dates…

Posted by ✿ diablitaroja ✿ {WBM} on August 13, 2009, 11:15 PM report to moderator
Hni_0022_thumb

cant wait!!!!!!!!

Posted by ϟ☮Sindi a.k.a Remy [ROAR!!]☮ϟ on August 14, 2009, 01:25 AM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

I hope its got everything from the woolen socks bit because they definatley filmed that part.

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on August 14, 2009, 05:10 AM report to moderator
Blue-moon_thumb

Good news! I heard the other day about Gone with the Wind “70th Anniversary Ultimate Collector’s”. Glad WB won’t make we wait that long.

Posted by shellscotie on August 14, 2009, 07:37 AM report to moderator
Gmp_thumb

I hope they include all the deleted scenes we’ve seen in pictures during these years nicely fit in the movies, for example i have a picture of Harry and Ron, from PS movie, looking at the house points houglasses, i’ve always wondered about that scene, and many more, i just can’t remember now.

lol glad about that too, shellcotie

Posted by Ginevra Molly Potter on August 14, 2009, 08:50 AM report to moderator
Drodclown_thumb

IT’S ABOUT TIME. Beautiful news :)

Posted by drod on August 14, 2009, 09:09 AM report to moderator
Harry_hermione-pg-horizontal_thumb

Extended edition thats great!

Posted by nsa (ROAR) on August 14, 2009, 11:34 AM report to moderator
Minerva_mcgonagall_thumb

@ShackShrieker… I do feel your pain…I haven’t purchased anything yet… Just waiting to see how it all plays out… I will no doubt end up spending more than I wanted also!

Posted by oldenoughtoknowbetter♎ROAR♎OoM1, CW on August 14, 2009, 12:11 PM report to moderator
Closeupoftriohbp_thumb

Can’t wait to get these. I own them all but I do believe that I will fork out the money for these. Never know what else they might include. I feel your pain on this ShackShrieker07…I don’t have much money but all my extra is always put towards my Potter fan stuff.

Posted by beewell on August 14, 2009, 12:51 PM report to moderator
090816_mikagryffindor_thumb

I hope it’s part of the special edition bluray versions that they have already announced! I don’t want to have three copies of the same film, no matter how much I love it, ha ha.

Posted by Mika Maxwell on August 14, 2009, 04:25 PM report to moderator
4954_1168671261116_1358006143_451046_856579_n_thumb

Now all they have to do is release the extended editions in theaters. Then it will be the epitome of awesome.

Posted by Oddape on August 14, 2009, 05:18 PM report to moderator

People had been teasing her so much about being the thing that Viktor Krum would most miss that she was in a rather tetchy mood.