Extended Edition of Harry Potter and Sorcerer's Stone to Be Released, More Possible Soon

Movies
August 12, 2009, 11:16 PM

Great news tonight! At long last, the extended editions of the Harry Potter films are being planned for release.  Rope of Silicon is reporting that after the latest Motion Picture of America ratings bulletin, there was word that an extended edition of  Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone had been rated PG. The report continues that emails were sent to reps for Warner Home Video about possible extended editions of all the Harry Potter films, receiving the following reply: "Although we've not announced [it yet], all Harry Potter films are being planned to get special upcoming releases!"

Please note: We have no idea on the actual content (ie if this is the same version they show on ABC family) or whether they are contained in those special "Ultimate Collectors" DVDs we've heard about recently or when exactly this, and hopefully the others, will be available to fans; more when we get it!

Thanks much to Rope of Silicon and Jeremy at HPANA for emailing!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Bellatrixlestrange_thumb

ha, can you believe talking about the Harry Potter Dynasty to our kids, and their unexcited faces saying, hmmm, great. it’s like Hardy Boys for our parents!!!

Posted by post-leaky-guy on August 13, 2009, 11:25 AM report to moderator
Bellatrixlestrange_thumb

i dunno how theyre gonna do the 7th, it’s ALL in the woods, but i hope that the halfway point between films (my hypothesis) is something like at the part where Ron and Harry are going to kill the locket with the sword, while it’s plunging down, the 1st part ends. anyone have any other ideas?

Posted by post-leaky-guy on August 13, 2009, 11:26 AM report to moderator
Harrylight_thumb

Hopefully there will be commentaries this time around!!!!????

Posted by HarryLight {OoM4,CW}[Squee] on August 13, 2009, 11:27 AM report to moderator
49860_1104575754_1481_n_thumb

This is wonderful news.

Posted by Garden State Geek on August 13, 2009, 11:31 AM report to moderator
User170224_pic7538_1238947280_thumb

OM MY GODDDDDDDD! OM GOMG OMG OMG. IM SOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED (if you couldn’t tell) OMG!!!!!! SQUEEEEEEEEE!

Posted by Peace.Love.Potter ♥ on August 13, 2009, 11:31 AM report to moderator
124_thumb

it will just be the deleted scenes already on the dvd i think

Posted by dave1972 on August 13, 2009, 11:40 AM report to moderator
I-quote_ravenclaw0183_thumb

Yes! I’m so excited!

Posted by LulubelleI {WBM} on August 13, 2009, 12:23 PM report to moderator
Bellatrixlestrange_thumb

ok i have a question: where is the invite friends button???

Posted by post-leaky-guy on August 13, 2009, 12:28 PM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

OMG!!! This better be true!! I’m so excited, but I have a feeling the extended editions will just be the same versions they show on ABC Family. Still awesome though!

Posted by cghambright on August 13, 2009, 12:36 PM report to moderator
Xz5jc2nr_thumb
22044 Points

interesting…

Icon_thumb

Ah so exciting! I hope there’s one for OOTP, there’s been a couple of behind the scene shots which weren’t in the film. I really really hope this is true!

Posted by Juine on August 13, 2009, 12:56 PM report to moderator
Bellatrixlestrange_thumb

hi… please will someone answer how to invite a friend??? where do i click?

Posted by post-leaky-guy on August 13, 2009, 12:56 PM report to moderator
Yin_yang_thumb

post-leaky-guy Go to the persons profile and on the right is a button to invite them to be your friend.

Posted by Deanie on August 13, 2009, 01:02 PM report to moderator
Yin_yang_thumb

There is so much that they may not have filmed that I want to see. I do hope the have the full scene with Dudley in his Smeltings kit. ;)

Posted by Deanie on August 13, 2009, 01:04 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

So cool! I hope that they add in the deleted scenes in the movie like they do when they show them on ABC. That would be awesome! :)

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on August 13, 2009, 01:19 PM report to moderator

"I accidentally set a boa constrictor on my cousin Dudley at the zoo once -- long story -- but it was telling me it had never seen Brazil and I sort of set it free without meaning to -- that was before I knew I was a wizard --"