Extended Edition of Harry Potter and Sorcerer's Stone to Be Released, More Possible Soon

Movies
August 12, 2009, 11:16 PM

Great news tonight! At long last, the extended editions of the Harry Potter films are being planned for release.  Rope of Silicon is reporting that after the latest Motion Picture of America ratings bulletin, there was word that an extended edition of  Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone had been rated PG. The report continues that emails were sent to reps for Warner Home Video about possible extended editions of all the Harry Potter films, receiving the following reply: "Although we've not announced [it yet], all Harry Potter films are being planned to get special upcoming releases!"

Please note: We have no idea on the actual content (ie if this is the same version they show on ABC family) or whether they are contained in those special "Ultimate Collectors" DVDs we've heard about recently or when exactly this, and hopefully the others, will be available to fans; more when we get it!

Thanks much to Rope of Silicon and Jeremy at HPANA for emailing!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Screen_shot_2010-06-07_at_7

When I first glanced at the title, I thought this was for the book. Oh well, still pretty cool and I know I’ll be getting it.

Posted by Awakened on August 13, 2009, 09:48 AM report to moderator
Groucho2_thumb

About time. Rather odd to me tho that WB is taking so long to nail down exactly what will be in the releases, and the exact release of HBP (in Dec): after all, with postponing the release of HBP to theaters, they have had more than the usual time to get the dvd release planned and for that matter done. Yet WB has dithered, for lack of a better word, and now seems to be in a rush to get a project finished. The last few years, WB really seems to have been ‘preoccupied’, and made some surprising (postponing the release of HBP being one example) __and surprisingly poor (dropping Slum Dog Millionaire at the last minute being an obvious example) __corporate decisions.
So, like everyone else, i am excited by the news, but awaiting details: exactly what will be the “ultimate” release we are promised, and will that be the same as the “extended” release? When will we be able to pre-order (I’ve been checking Amazon.com)? etc.

Posted by budb on August 13, 2009, 09:57 AM report to moderator
P1010036_thumb

It would be nice if WB just issued one final extended DVD with deleted scenes
for each movie for fans that can’t afford to buy mutiple DVD’s of the same movie. Think about it. The later fan that has not purchased any DVD’s can now
buy one with the extras one time. Whereas the the older fan that has grown up with HP already has spent their hard earned money on five DVD’s and now WB hints about other versions to come.

Posted by Tonks1OoM4,CW[ROAR] on August 13, 2009, 09:57 AM report to moderator

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!! – but I hope these aren’t going to be tooooo expensive :P

Posted by AudreyLouiseLovegood on August 13, 2009, 10:00 AM report to moderator
Groucho2_thumb

I would add that _at least for the film versions of SS, CoS and to some extent GoF __adding the deleted scenes back in will add tremednously to the overall story line. We’d finally get Dumbledore’s Chocolate Frog card and the reference to Grindelwald, the vanishing cabinet (which mysteriously changes and looks different in HBP! But, hey…that is a discussion about Yates!), and other crucial plot line elements, the extended Yule Ball scene in GoF…..so, bring on the extended versions.

Posted by budb on August 13, 2009, 10:02 AM report to moderator
Poesy_-_copie_thumb

Oh! Good news! :)

Posted by Hepburn on August 13, 2009, 10:22 AM report to moderator
Snc14187_thumb

How many times am I going to buy these films??? I first bought them separatly when they came out, then I bought Harry’s trunk for “Order of the Phoenix”, and now that? Hell !!! It’s worse than Star Wars !!!

Posted by mrscRed on August 13, 2009, 10:37 AM report to moderator
I-quote_hogwarts0144_thumb

Sounds interesting, although I don’t know if I want to have to buy all the DVDs again for it…

Posted by BewareoftheNargles {WBM} on August 13, 2009, 10:37 AM report to moderator
The-moose_thumb

It has been said already but, good news lol :D
SS is my equal first favorite movie along with PoA so, I most likely would buy it again, even though it’s not long since I bought the two-disc special edition. It’s kind of weird that I buy multiple versions of the HP movies when there are other movies I dont have at all. I guess I’m really obsessed lol. But siriusly, I love SS and I would love to see the movie with extended scenes.

Posted by Moose_Starr on August 13, 2009, 10:45 AM report to moderator

mmmmmmmm… kinda confusing having all o these editions all of the sudden coming pout :P

Posted by AudreyLouiseLovegood on August 13, 2009, 10:54 AM report to moderator
Imgres_1__thumb

Yes! Finally! Everyone’s been waiting so long for this. PLEASE WARNER BROS.!

Posted by mjkalldaway (ROAR) on August 13, 2009, 11:10 AM report to moderator

I’ve been buying the cheapest version I can find of each one as they come out, but will buy a megga all-8 extended blu-ray set once it’s all said and done.

Posted by sagaciouspenguin on August 13, 2009, 11:10 AM report to moderator

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Dance!!!!!!!!

Posted by Lilyverus on August 13, 2009, 11:19 AM report to moderator
282600_233804939987291_100000733600249_807455_78180_n_thumb

hmm i want they but i dont want to buy them all again and than once more when the last movies come out and they make another special addition or something..

Posted by Horcruxalej on August 13, 2009, 11:22 AM report to moderator
Bellatrixlestrange_thumb

ohhhh i hope its good… it was a great film, possibly a classic, i think it was almost better with the old-kind of wizard things, like Professor Flitwick levitating books and feathers — it was good, you know?

Posted by post-leaky-guy on August 13, 2009, 11:24 AM report to moderator

"I was never prefect myself," said Tonks brightly... "My Head of House said I lacked certain necessary qualities."[br]"Like what?" said Ginny...[br]"Like the ability to behave myself," said Tonks.