Extended Edition of Harry Potter and Sorcerer's Stone to Be Released, More Possible Soon

Movies
August 12, 2009, 11:16 PM

Great news tonight! At long last, the extended editions of the Harry Potter films are being planned for release.  Rope of Silicon is reporting that after the latest Motion Picture of America ratings bulletin, there was word that an extended edition of  Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone had been rated PG. The report continues that emails were sent to reps for Warner Home Video about possible extended editions of all the Harry Potter films, receiving the following reply: "Although we've not announced [it yet], all Harry Potter films are being planned to get special upcoming releases!"

Please note: We have no idea on the actual content (ie if this is the same version they show on ABC family) or whether they are contained in those special "Ultimate Collectors" DVDs we've heard about recently or when exactly this, and hopefully the others, will be available to fans; more when we get it!

Thanks much to Rope of Silicon and Jeremy at HPANA for emailing!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Tonks_thumb

OMH!!!!!! I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT!

Totally awesome. Woooohooo, can’t wait. I want the complete boxed set of
all the extended versions, all deleted scenes in.
This news has made my day :-)

Posted by DobbyWinkyKreacher on August 13, 2009, 06:16 AM report to moderator

Oh dear. The film’s far too long and slow as it is. An extended edition would be interminable.

I wish they’d release a version cut down to 2 hours. I might make it through the film without falling alseep. Same with CoS!

Posted by JackHarkness on August 13, 2009, 06:35 AM report to moderator
Halloween_021_thumb

Hmm, what could they still be holding onto?

Posted by muggle-mom on August 13, 2009, 06:54 AM report to moderator
12440441_thumb
19573 Points

LOL Great!!

Posted by R-for-H {ROAR} :D on August 13, 2009, 06:59 AM report to moderator
Normal_tomriddle2_scarpotter_thumb

This is fantastic! I just hope that they aren’t only on blu-ray because I don’t have a player yet! And hopefully the extended will be like Lord of the Rings extended. That would be so amazing!

Posted by Huffleclaw65 on August 13, 2009, 07:03 AM report to moderator
Avatar_moose_thumb

cool! all that extra stuff we’ve not seen before

Posted by pinkmoosely on August 13, 2009, 07:22 AM report to moderator
Dumbledore_s_army_thumb

Oh my serious? I cannot wait!

Posted by Forlornx *ROAR* on August 13, 2009, 08:17 AM report to moderator
Mattsmithcostume_thumb

Here’s hoping for Peeves!

Posted by turlaach on August 13, 2009, 08:20 AM report to moderator
Images_4__thumb

I’m super excited. I don’t know if it will be worth it though…if they just add in the deleted scenes, I’ve already seen those. And not to mention I don’t want to spend the money to rebuy all the movies. Especially I already have more than one copy of the Goblet of Fire (in order to get the bonus features). I might buy the new ones if I knew more about them and decide if they’re worth it.

Posted by crazyforSeverus on August 13, 2009, 08:32 AM report to moderator
P1010630_thumb

I want more, more, more!!

Posted by Hagrid 713 (ROAR) on August 13, 2009, 08:36 AM report to moderator
Baron_haru___shall_we_dance____by_jasminealexandra_thumb

please i hope they are part of those ultimate editions

Posted by Ganduean-Vampiress on August 13, 2009, 08:56 AM report to moderator
My_avatar_thumb

fab, I have always wantd the extended scene of the first ever potions class in its rightful place in the movie. It’s so annoying to have to go through the rigmarole of the DVD game first. I also love the deleted schene with the Malfoys in Borgin and Burkes – how that ever got cut is a mystery to me!

Posted by SnapesSilverDoe on August 13, 2009, 09:01 AM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

exciting!!!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on August 13, 2009, 09:31 AM report to moderator
My_hero_neville_thumb

WB will still be releasing “new and improved” editions of the DVDs 20 years from now. The HP films may be the ultimate cash cow. I admit I’m fanatic about the books, but not so the films. But I loved POA and own it on DVD. I don’t know if my DVD is a “no frills” or extended or ultimate or vitamin enriched version. I don’t really care. I love the film as is and will not be buying a “better” version.

Posted by KB Prez [ROAR!] on August 13, 2009, 09:32 AM report to moderator

"I'll make it," Lockhart butted in. "I must have done it a hundred times. I could whip up a Mandrake Restorative Draught in my sleep --"[br]"Excuse me," said Snape icily. "But I believe I am the Potions master at this school."[br]There was a very awkward