Extended Edition of Harry Potter and Sorcerer's Stone to Be Released, More Possible Soon

Movies
August 12, 2009, 11:16 PM

Great news tonight! At long last, the extended editions of the Harry Potter films are being planned for release.  Rope of Silicon is reporting that after the latest Motion Picture of America ratings bulletin, there was word that an extended edition of  Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone had been rated PG. The report continues that emails were sent to reps for Warner Home Video about possible extended editions of all the Harry Potter films, receiving the following reply: "Although we've not announced [it yet], all Harry Potter films are being planned to get special upcoming releases!"

Please note: We have no idea on the actual content (ie if this is the same version they show on ABC family) or whether they are contained in those special "Ultimate Collectors" DVDs we've heard about recently or when exactly this, and hopefully the others, will be available to fans; more when we get it!

Thanks much to Rope of Silicon and Jeremy at HPANA for emailing!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Will add to my colection Yea

Posted by HGROSS44 on August 13, 2009, 02:01 AM report to moderator
Fj_sbokbillde_thumb

Oh LORD. I hope this is the versions that are being released this December! Please please please, WB, say it is!

Posted by Kissa on August 13, 2009, 02:29 AM report to moderator
10312009016-002_thumb

I pre-ordered mine last week for Sorcerer’s Stone & Chamber of Secrets. I cant wait.

Posted by sakuranbo07 on August 13, 2009, 02:48 AM report to moderator

Finally!!!!! I’ve been very upset that there were extended editions showed on ABC which in holland we can’t get…… But I really really hope now we all can see them

Posted by maatjeHP on August 13, 2009, 02:55 AM report to moderator
Weasleywheezes_thumb

Can’t wait!!

Posted by Mrs Fred Weasley ROAR! (OoM1) on August 13, 2009, 02:57 AM report to moderator
Voorpotter_thumb

They have to finish and put in the scenes with Peeves!

Anf of course the love scene between Aragog and Grawp, that they cut out of Order of the Phoenix!

Posted by Joost on August 13, 2009, 04:01 AM report to moderator

Im excited cant wait

Posted by madman1277 on August 13, 2009, 04:18 AM report to moderator
Phelpstwins_thumb

I certainly hope that these are the same as the ultimade edition dvds… but I’m still going to try and wait for a final collection. I doubt I’ll make it though. As soon as they say something like “never before seen” or the like, and I’ll be digging out my credit card…

Posted by deadtree ♥WBM♥ on August 13, 2009, 04:40 AM report to moderator
The_golden_snitch_thumb

Hope they will add a lot of new and extended scenes!!!

Posted by hermione97 on August 13, 2009, 05:10 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

awesome

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on August 13, 2009, 05:20 AM report to moderator
I-quote_slytherclaw018_wicked_visions_thumb

Finally, I can’t wait! Hopefully they’ll be better mastered and mixed than the verion shown on ABC (the PoA extended version was terrible, they added scenes in the wrong places).

Posted by RemsyLuck on August 13, 2009, 05:45 AM report to moderator
Base1_thumb

I hope they’ve got like half an hour with scenes we haven’t seen before and more extra material or something..

Posted by evannaa on August 13, 2009, 05:47 AM report to moderator
Photo_40_thumb

yey!! DO NOT FORGET US PEOPLE HERE FROM THE PHILIPPINES!!!

Posted by siriuslymissed on August 13, 2009, 05:48 AM report to moderator

Well, as someone living in the UK and hence isn’t living in WB’s favourite country, I haven’t even seen the ABC extended editions, so I should like this even more. I can’t wait for all the deleted scene we know there are – primarily because of snapshots that never appeared in the cinema versions – especially from POA (Ron’s attack – they showed deleted scenes on the aftermath, but did they actually film the attack?) and OOTP (McGonagall recovering after her stint at St Mungo’s – we saw a pic of her sitting outside Hagrid’s reading hte paper I think)

Posted by pipkin3 on August 13, 2009, 05:52 AM report to moderator

At last !

This makes complete artistic AND commercial sense !

Posted by Beazle on August 13, 2009, 06:03 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"They don't know we're not allowed to use magic at home. I'm going to have a lot of fun with Dudley this summer...."