Extended Edition of Harry Potter and Sorcerer's Stone to Be Released, More Possible Soon

Movies
August 12, 2009, 11:16 PM

Great news tonight! At long last, the extended editions of the Harry Potter films are being planned for release.  Rope of Silicon is reporting that after the latest Motion Picture of America ratings bulletin, there was word that an extended edition of  Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone had been rated PG. The report continues that emails were sent to reps for Warner Home Video about possible extended editions of all the Harry Potter films, receiving the following reply: "Although we've not announced [it yet], all Harry Potter films are being planned to get special upcoming releases!"

Please note: We have no idea on the actual content (ie if this is the same version they show on ABC family) or whether they are contained in those special "Ultimate Collectors" DVDs we've heard about recently or when exactly this, and hopefully the others, will be available to fans; more when we get it!

Thanks much to Rope of Silicon and Jeremy at HPANA for emailing!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Rob2_thumb

OMG! I just don’t want to wait too long for them! can’t wait!

Posted by HermyGrnger on August 13, 2009, 12:14 AM report to moderator
Normal_hp_actors_thumb

nope ShackShrieker don’t have a Blu-ray. This better be part of the Ultimate collector’s edition, if not that would real bogus and wrong of WB.

Posted by CandyCane2304 on August 13, 2009, 12:16 AM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I am very happy to hear the news that Warner Brothers is potentially planning to release extended editions of the movies! I hope they do include the deleted scenes that they did not put in the original DVD’s they have released, as there is evidence indicating that they did film some scenes but did not think they even merited being included among other deleted scenes. Such scenes include the Weighing of the Wands, an explanation for the Marauder’s Map, and more.

Posted by Kirk on August 13, 2009, 12:21 AM report to moderator
Jack-o-lanterns_thumb

AHHH!!!! This made my day a million and one times over!!!

Posted by Hermione Weasley on August 13, 2009, 12:22 AM report to moderator

I want to buy this but it must promise to be amazing!

Posted by RightLeftMiddle {WBM} on August 13, 2009, 12:32 AM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

I would love it, if there was just one type of edition. I totally agree eiVega. I don’t want to buy multiple dvds. I want a whole collector’s edition after DH Part 2, but they don’t seem to have info on that yet. So I don’t know if I should get these extended versions or not? I still need more information on these dvds.

Posted by Christine on August 13, 2009, 12:36 AM report to moderator
2vbx3b5_thumb

OMG! I have no words. I am so freaking excited. WB finally listened to our constant pleas! Although like others I really do hope that this will be part of the new “Ultimate Collectors” DVDs as opposed to something totally seperate to buy.

Posted by bella vita on August 13, 2009, 12:41 AM report to moderator
121_3293_thumb

Theatrical edition + Extended Edition = Ultimate Edition right?

If this new Ultimate Edition does indeed contain the extended edition (the box does look pretty big so it’s gotta contain something) then they just went from a “might not be able to resist these” purchase to a “MUST HAVE THIS THE DAY IT COMES OUT” one

Posted by JP Gagen on August 13, 2009, 12:42 AM report to moderator
R3_thumb

will they just be adding the deleted scenes from the movie?

Posted by moondragon15(ROAR) on August 13, 2009, 01:09 AM report to moderator
R3_thumb

will they just be adding the deleted scenes from the movie?

Posted by moondragon15(ROAR) on August 13, 2009, 01:10 AM report to moderator
Harry_thumb

@ ShackShrieker
dear well u do one thing yaar buy only the last latest one yaar

Posted by blackhair on August 13, 2009, 01:22 AM report to moderator
Capture10_thumb

i cant wait to see all of the extra special stuff we havent seen yet.

Posted by Gryffindor1991 {ROAR!!!} on August 13, 2009, 01:31 AM report to moderator
Kc_lucius1_thumb

Oh man when I read the headlines I was hoping that meant extended editions of the book :( lol but this is very exciting too!!! I have been waiting a loooong time for these. I hope they pack in as much stuff as they did on the lotr extended versions!

Posted by KC Nox on August 13, 2009, 01:32 AM report to moderator
Bullet_thumb

hooray!

Posted by TerieB on August 13, 2009, 01:38 AM report to moderator

I hope their not releasing two different ones of the same movie. Most people can’t afford to spend that much money on a DVD.

Posted by Hermionerules!1844 on August 13, 2009, 01:50 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"Now, firs' thing yeh gotta know abou' hippogriffs is, they're proud," said Hagrid. "Easily offended, hippogriffs are. Don't never insult one, 'cause it might be the last thing yeh do."