Behind the Scenes: A Look at Creative Packaging for Weasley Wheezes in Half-Blood Prince

HBP Film
August 12, 2009, 03:56 PM

There are new looks online today at some of the packaging for products found in Weasley Wheezes joke shop, as seen in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Creative Review has this look (and here in our galleries) at some of the packaging for humorous products such as "Magical Mustache Miracle Stubble Grow" and "Anti Gravity Hats" and more, with the designer Nicholas Saunders saying:

"I was briefed to work on the Weasleys Wizarding Wheezes originally," Saunders continues. "I was also asked to come up with a number of names for more  products (such as Anti Gravity Hats) to adorn the shelves. Then after the product names were approved and cleared I used the names as a base to start the designs. When the boxes were ready they were printed on mass up to 400 then they were placed on boxes of all different shapes and sizes. Then after this stage the set dressers took them to fill three storeys [sic] of shop shelves in the shop on the Diagon Alley set."

On his personal website, the designer also says he is at work again on Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Avatar_moose_thumb

There was a short piece on in the UK in a longer program about the making of HBP and they showed pictures of this team carefully cutting out all the boxes with craft tools and assembling them. Cool eh!

Posted by pinkmoosely on August 13, 2009, 07:19 AM report to moderator
Dumbledore_s_army_thumb

This person is definitely awesome

Posted by Forlornx *ROAR* on August 13, 2009, 08:17 AM report to moderator
Halloween_021_thumb

I love the angel and devil design!

Posted by muggle-mom on August 13, 2009, 09:05 AM report to moderator
36090_413317180969_787035969_4440390_4514136_n_thumb

@sunlitdays…I’m sure they used all the names, in the books…but that hardly would be enough to fill the set! LOL. They also probably “faced” a lot [put up one, and then, nothing behind…thus, only needing one] That’s a LOT of wall space!
VERY creative stuff!

Posted by Confederate Lady [CL, Rawwrrrr] on August 13, 2009, 09:48 AM report to moderator
The-moose_thumb

That is so cool. It was awesome to see WWW in HBP … I’m hoping that the DVD will have a virtual tour of their store kind of like how PoA (I think? One of them anyhows lol) has a virtual tour of Honeydukes which is just amazing.

Posted by Moose_Starr on August 13, 2009, 10:38 AM report to moderator

the head on their shop kinda freaks me out!

Posted by AudreyLouiseLovegood on August 13, 2009, 11:05 AM report to moderator

yeaaaaaaaah… they should have 2 heads!

Posted by AudreyLouiseLovegood on August 13, 2009, 11:05 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_lnohl1j5ya1qenanjo1_500_thumb

amazing!!

Posted by The Nerd on August 13, 2009, 11:24 AM report to moderator

ouu, very cool :)

Posted by g-g-gena; wbm! on August 13, 2009, 12:39 PM report to moderator
Transmt94_thumb

One of my favorite sets!

Posted by Ecrof G on August 13, 2009, 02:37 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

I thought it would be CGI too…

Posted by alecXmorpheus on August 13, 2009, 02:48 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

I thought it would be CGI too…

Posted by alecXmorpheus on August 13, 2009, 02:48 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

I thought it would be CGI too…

Posted by alecXmorpheus on August 13, 2009, 02:49 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

I thought it would be CGI too…

Posted by alecXmorpheus on August 13, 2009, 02:49 PM report to moderator
Me

These different logos in the Weasley Weezes look absolutely fantastic!

Posted by RyanRavenclaw on August 13, 2009, 05:09 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"So you smashed my prophecy?" said Voldemort softly, staring at Harry with those pitiless red eyes. "No, Bella, he is not lying... I see the truth looking at me from within his worthless mind... Months of preparation, months of effort... and my Death Eate