Behind the Scenes: A Look at Creative Packaging for Weasley Wheezes in Half-Blood Prince

HBP Film
August 12, 2009, 03:56 PM

There are new looks online today at some of the packaging for products found in Weasley Wheezes joke shop, as seen in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Creative Review has this look (and here in our galleries) at some of the packaging for humorous products such as "Magical Mustache Miracle Stubble Grow" and "Anti Gravity Hats" and more, with the designer Nicholas Saunders saying:

"I was briefed to work on the Weasleys Wizarding Wheezes originally," Saunders continues. "I was also asked to come up with a number of names for more  products (such as Anti Gravity Hats) to adorn the shelves. Then after the product names were approved and cleared I used the names as a base to start the designs. When the boxes were ready they were printed on mass up to 400 then they were placed on boxes of all different shapes and sizes. Then after this stage the set dressers took them to fill three storeys [sic] of shop shelves in the shop on the Diagon Alley set."

On his personal website, the designer also says he is at work again on Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

I love the designs! Keep up the good work Nick

Posted by KiwiMcI on August 12, 2009, 08:38 PM report to moderator

It took awhile to watch that entire Behind the Magic show in pieces on You Tube, but it was worth it!

Posted by Deb25 on August 12, 2009, 09:00 PM report to moderator

How COOL!!!

Posted by AudreyLouiseLovegood on August 12, 2009, 09:15 PM report to moderator

wow… I just looooove all the art that goes into the films!!!

Posted by AudreyLouiseLovegood on August 12, 2009, 09:44 PM report to moderator

I wonder where all that props go – if i ever worked there. I would probably take all of them. Or at least enough for me and my friends. :D

Posted by AndreaB09 on August 12, 2009, 10:34 PM report to moderator
Th_harry-and-ginny--x-x-x-_thumb

Cool!!

Posted by DanielBonnie28 on August 12, 2009, 11:35 PM report to moderator

“How much for me?”
“10 Galleons!”

Posted by sholstom on August 12, 2009, 11:52 PM report to moderator

“How much for me?”
“10 Galleons!”

Posted by sholstom on August 12, 2009, 11:53 PM report to moderator

“How much for me?”
“10 Galleons!”

Posted by sholstom on August 12, 2009, 11:53 PM report to moderator
Capture10_thumb

cool how they pay attention to the smallest details.

Posted by Gryffindor1991 {ROAR!!!} on August 13, 2009, 01:27 AM report to moderator
Phelpstwins_thumb

The WWW scene was amazing— I’m just sorry it had so little time on screen. There were SO MANY little details in that scene. It’s just another time when it really hits home how much effort goes into these films!

Posted by deadtree ♥WBM♥ on August 13, 2009, 01:43 AM report to moderator

Cool wish we had things like that for real but just have to use our minds.

Posted by HGROSS44 on August 13, 2009, 01:59 AM report to moderator
119152761_thumb

Oooh, that’s awesome! I love being able to look at all the little details in the movie, because there are so many people who aren’t recognised enough for their great work.

Posted by butterbeer bottle on August 13, 2009, 02:27 AM report to moderator
B9ce557d1547686c_thumb

Very cool designs

Posted by ErinM {Roar} on August 13, 2009, 06:40 AM report to moderator
12440441_thumb
19573 Points

Great!!

Posted by R-for-H {ROAR} :D on August 13, 2009, 06:53 AM report to moderator

Harry was used to spiders, because the cupboard under the stairs was full of them, and that was where he slept.