Read "The Return of the King" in Jo's Book Nook

LeakyLounge
Posted by: Edward
August 01, 2009, 09:58 PM

The reading of the third book in author J. R. R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Ring series has now begun over in Jo's Book Nook, Leaky's non-Harry Potter book club.  The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King is the final installment in the classic fantasy novel series by Mr. Tolkien, and takes readers through the final legs of a long and harrowing journey in a lush fantasy world.  Join in with your fellow Lounge members in this communal reading of the novel, discussing and dissecting the classic story.  Jo's Book Nook is open to all registered Lounge members, so do not delay in joining the discussion today.  For those of you who do not yet have a copy of the Lord of the Rings trilogy, the set is available through our own Cauldron Shop.

Enjoy!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent LeakyLounge News

Avatars_tagline_june08_001_thumb

interesting

Posted by jediofthelost on August 01, 2009, 10:02 PM report to moderator
Bug_thumb

yayyyyyyy one of the greatest books ever. . . ! :D

Posted by Hufflebug on August 01, 2009, 11:33 PM report to moderator
Hpwallpap_thumb

Dude! I wish I hadn’t read it now… :( I’d totally join. Such a brilliant book.

Posted by CordyLovesSirius(ROAR!) on August 02, 2009, 12:02 AM report to moderator
Emma_thumb

i have read that book and it was a great book.

Posted by sinwillys822 ROAR on August 02, 2009, 12:04 AM report to moderator

pretty good book

Posted by madman1277 on August 02, 2009, 12:08 AM report to moderator
Weaslyking_thumb

:) Epic book. Lovely. Tolkiens masterpiece

Posted by drhawks on August 02, 2009, 01:21 AM report to moderator
Micleakyavatar_thumb

Tolkien was born in Bloemfontein, South Africa!

Posted by shellymione {WBM} on August 02, 2009, 04:33 AM report to moderator
Horcrux_thumb

I really have to read it second time now.

Posted by Remus Greyback on August 02, 2009, 05:21 AM report to moderator
Avatar_hp_thumb

Interesting …. have fun those who partake! :D

I don’t wish to be pinickity…but he was Professor Tolkien rather than Mr. Tolkien :)

Posted by oliver.drew on August 02, 2009, 06:55 AM report to moderator
Avatars_bookauthor_bookart_october08_01_thumb

uhhh
i love Tolkien’s work… for me is at the same level as harry potter!

Posted by Finny ..::WBM::.. on August 02, 2009, 09:46 AM report to moderator

Youth inspires action, LOTR inspires action, HP Inspires action and that action is sacrifice. Now I just dream and read the action

Posted by jerseypopopx6 on August 02, 2009, 10:11 AM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

Still haven’t read LOTR but obviously it’s something I’ll tackle at some point in my life. I loved The Hobbit. But right now I’m rereading HP very slowly then moving on to Y: The Last Man. Then I might give the trilogy a go

Posted by KiwiMcI on August 02, 2009, 10:16 AM report to moderator
The-moose_thumb

The discussions in Jo’s Book Nook are always fun to join. The two previous LOTR groups were really interesting so, I’m real excited for ROTK. I love LOTR and all things Middle Earth :)

Posted by Moose_Starr on August 02, 2009, 10:45 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_lnohl1j5ya1qenanjo1_500_thumb

intersting!

Posted by The Nerd on August 02, 2009, 10:53 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"Oh, are you a [i]prefect,[/i] Percy?" said one of the twins, with an air of great surprise. "You should have said something, we had no idea."