Video: Emma Watson on David Letterman (Updated)

Watson Interviews
July 09, 2009, 08:29 AM

As reported previously, actress Emma Watson was to be a guest on the popular talk show Late Night with David Letterman. That interview took place last night, and CBS has officially released this video excerpt of this very funny interview where they joke about a wardrobe mishap at the UK premiere of Half-Blood Prince and how Emma is enjoying still working on the film series.You can also see many photos of Emma arriving at the Studio in New York City before and after the interview here in our Image galleries. We will have  video of the full interview up in our galleries shortly, stay tuned! UPDATE: We now have the full interview here for download in our video galleries. REMINDER too that Dan Racliffe will be a guest on Letterman tonight at 11:35 as well

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Watson Interviews News

Avatar_moose_thumb

I really think these new promo interviews for HBP show just how mature the trio are now, and yet how much fun they’re having together as well, I think this goes for the extended younger cast also.. Evana, Bonnie, Tom & Matt etc..
you go guys,
I love this interview about the “wardrobe Malfunction”

Posted by pinkmoosely on July 09, 2009, 02:43 PM report to moderator
Dsc08588_thumb

I thought 99% of the interview was great. Emma was hilarious and charming, and I quite liked it when she “gunned” Letterman.

I was really disappointed that he showed that picture of her, but I was not surprised, and if any of you have watched Letterman before, I’m sure you weren’t, either. Letterman is always a jerk to his guests. That’s why I absolutely loathe his show :P

I thought she handled it really well, though, so she came out on top in the end :)

Posted by Jade Danielle (WBM) on July 09, 2009, 02:49 PM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

Emma was AWESOME!! So funny. You could tell Letterman was trying to uproot her, but she wouldn’t let him. And I can’t believe he brought out the wardrobe malfunction picture. But I loved Emma’s answer, “Atleast I wore underwear.”

Posted by cghambright on July 09, 2009, 02:50 PM report to moderator
282600_233804939987291_100000733600249_807455_78180_n_thumb

emma is B-E-autiful!!! that was pretty mean to show that pic on national tv but wasnt to bad i suppose but yes i agree with everyone not a very nice thing to do but great come back

Posted by Horcruxalej on July 09, 2009, 02:58 PM report to moderator
Blast-ended_skrewt_thumb

Here’s the comment I posted on the CBS website:
You don’t learn from your mistakes, do you, Letterman? After being widely criticized for cruelly suggesting that Sarah Palin’s daughter had been “knocked up” by Alex Rodriguez, you should have figured out that people don’t like your making fun of innocent young women. Last night you confronted Emma Watson (whose name you mispronounced) by bringing out an embarrassing photo of her “wardrobe malfunction” at the London premier of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. As if stupid jokes during your monologue weren’t offensive enough. Even your wife is fair game to you. I’m surprised that she let you back in the house after your show. Too bad that toaster death ray isn’t for real. Grow up!

Posted by Professor Skrewt, OoM4, SM on July 09, 2009, 04:08 PM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

will look in a sec :)

Normal_movies_officialimages_lunaspectre_001_thumb

I guess I am in the minority… I thought the interview was brilliantly funny. Emma was classy as always. I think she is now my favorite member of the cast. I think it is likely that Emma gave the green light on the photo. And why shouldn’t she… wardrobe malfunctions happen…you laugh and move on.

Posted by HPHealer on July 10, 2009, 12:33 AM report to moderator
Avatar_hp_thumb

LOL!!! Really funny! :D I love Em! :)

Wolf-sketch_thumb

How should i download the video to my computer?

Posted by sanimagus on July 10, 2009, 03:34 PM report to moderator
Kc_lucius1_thumb

poor emma! great recovery and funny interview!

Posted by KC Nox on July 11, 2009, 12:37 AM report to moderator
Rupes_maggie_thumb

Emma really held her own against Dave, nice job! :)

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on July 21, 2009, 07:07 PM report to moderator
250px-fountain_of_fair_fortune_thumb

the picture was pretty funny, but i would die if it was me

Posted by That-Gryffindor-Girl *ROAR* on July 25, 2009, 06:18 AM report to moderator

"Guess what [the password] is? I'm actually going to be able to remember it for once --" He waved the stunted little cactus he had shown them on the train. [i]"Mimbulus mimbletonia!"[/i]