Video: Emma Watson on David Letterman (Updated)

Watson Interviews
July 09, 2009, 08:29 AM

As reported previously, actress Emma Watson was to be a guest on the popular talk show Late Night with David Letterman. That interview took place last night, and CBS has officially released this video excerpt of this very funny interview where they joke about a wardrobe mishap at the UK premiere of Half-Blood Prince and how Emma is enjoying still working on the film series.You can also see many photos of Emma arriving at the Studio in New York City before and after the interview here in our Image galleries. We will have  video of the full interview up in our galleries shortly, stay tuned! UPDATE: We now have the full interview here for download in our video galleries. REMINDER too that Dan Racliffe will be a guest on Letterman tonight at 11:35 as well

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Watson Interviews News

Pheonix2_thumb

Letterman is the least funniest person I think I’ve ever seen on TV. Emma did great, despite Letterman showing a picture of her in her underwear to everyone in the world. He knew nothing of the film or past films she’s been in and made us American’s look like bumbling idiots. He’s a disgrace to our society.

Posted by Liderc on July 09, 2009, 09:41 AM report to moderator
Hamster-chin-ups_thumb

Here’s a video of the letterman interview:

Posted by steffi1387 on July 09, 2009, 09:46 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

this interview is so amazing! Emma is always amazing on Letterman! you go girl! love ya!

Posted by Matea on July 09, 2009, 09:46 AM report to moderator
15ppnr5_thumb

No way I think she did just fine. She totally held her own with Dave. Dave Letterman has always been a bit of a jerk but he’s been like that with everyone.

Posted by KimmyZ on July 09, 2009, 09:49 AM report to moderator
9013438_thumb

I knew they were going to pull up that little misshap, I just knew it. Poor Emma, though at least she was wearing underwear, and she handled him very well. I did find the show pretty bad and remembered why I don’t watch Letterman any more, but i turned it over to Conan, and remembered why I don’t watch him either.

Posted by carebie on July 09, 2009, 10:26 AM report to moderator
Capture10_thumb

I watched it. But i missed Rupert on Regis and Kelly, i hope someone posts a video online.

Posted by Gryffindor1991 {ROAR!!!} on July 09, 2009, 10:27 AM report to moderator
Normal_hp_actors_thumb

It was interresting to say the least.

Posted by CandyCane2304 on July 09, 2009, 10:27 AM report to moderator
Egg_thumb

everyone should watch this vid then watch her last interview with david letterman!
some questions and responses were repeated again, which is pretty boring.but she was much more vivacious and interesting in the other one.she even reveals some fav past times :P
she was incredibly quiet and self-conscious in this vid…

Posted by harrietPotter on July 09, 2009, 10:36 AM report to moderator
Spooky_cat_thumb

You either like Letterman, or you don’t. I happen to like him and have been watching him for years. He says many oddball things to get laughs,. Asking if this is the fourth film was one of them. I am sure he knew this was the 6th film. He does this to try to illicit humorous responses from his guests. sometimes it works, sometimes it fall flat. Last night it worked. Emma was great and had some wonderfully funny lines.

Posted by cbm on July 09, 2009, 10:39 AM report to moderator
Snapshot_20090629_8_thumb

I can’t believe Letterman would actually show off a picture of her like that. I am relieved to see that she was able to handle it with grace and a bit of humor, but that was totally unprofessional of him to do that to a 19-year-old girl. Hopefully he learns some manners for Dan’s interview today.

Posted by fianni88 on July 09, 2009, 10:44 AM report to moderator
Gatinho_thumb

I commend Emma for this interview, very clever and gracious…
David Letterman was pitiful though… he was tacky and detached, horrible…

Posted by Carol Carvalho on July 09, 2009, 10:45 AM report to moderator
Twiwiz_thumb

Something really passive aggressive about this interview, Dave…Emma handled herself quite well.

Posted by twiwizardjedi on July 09, 2009, 10:49 AM report to moderator
My_hero_neville_thumb

“You either like Letterman, or you don’t.”

I agree. I don’t like him. I’ve always thought his jokes were just mean. Other guys (like Conan O’Brien) can be funny without making their guests cringe. Emma looked uncomfortable to me during a lot of the interview, but I thought she handled herself well.

Posted by KB Prez [ROAR!] on July 09, 2009, 11:00 AM report to moderator
Blast-ended_skrewt_thumb

Letterman’s monologue was full of stupid jokes, the Queen Latifa interview was okay, but Letterman went back into stupid mode for the interview with Emma. He should have known that she despises the upskirt paparazzi and not embarrassed her with the photo. At least he wasn’t as cruel to her as he was about Sarah Palin’s daughter and Alex Rodriguez. An incompetent interviewer, Letterman didn’t even follow up his inane questions about her grades and future plans by asking her what college she had chosen. I wish Emma would appear on The Daily Show or The Colbert Report!

Posted by Professor Skrewt, OoM4, SM on July 09, 2009, 11:01 AM report to moderator

I ordinarily like Dave, but that was an excruciating interview. Good for Emma for getting in a few zings, and I hope they never make her go on his show again. Looking forward to seeing Dan on the show tonight.

Posted by Mountain Violet on July 09, 2009, 11:05 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"Sirius -- it's me... it's Peter... your friend... you wouldn't..."[br]Black kicked out and Pettigrew recoiled.[br]"There's enough filth on my robes without you touching them," said Black.