Reminder: Premiere for Half-Blood Prince Today in New York City

HBP Film
July 09, 2009, 10:05 AM

A reminder today is the day that we here in the US will see a premiere for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince take place in New York City. TLC will have complete coverage with our own Melissa Anelli on the scene to bring you all the scoop on the events. Also if you are out and about at the event, we would love to hear from fans about their experiences, so please send in your photos and reports to staff@the-leaky-cauldron.org

A reminder too that while press interviews are now underway (Dan Radcliffe is due on MTV at 11:30 am) Rupert Grint has already taped his appearance for Regis) the premiere will take place at Ziegfeld Theater, 141 West 54th Street in New York City, Thursday July 9th, with the stars due to arrive at 6:00 pm (EASTERN) Confirmed to attend are Dan Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, Emma Watson, Tom Felton, Bonnie Wright, and the Davids: director Yates, producers Heyman and Barron, plus a few other celebrities. Stay tuned!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Avatar_moose_thumb

Hope the NYC premiere is as good as the London one for all you guys in the USA. I couldn’t get to London but it looked fab on the Livestream.
Have a great night all that are going

Posted by pinkmoosely on July 09, 2009, 10:14 AM report to moderator

I’m going into the city with my friend today! I’m really hoping Helena Bonham Carter is there!

Posted by DeadlyElegance on July 09, 2009, 10:21 AM report to moderator
Gatinho_thumb

I wish I was in NY this week…. :(
Have fun everybody out there!!!!

Posted by Carol Carvalho on July 09, 2009, 10:23 AM report to moderator
Dumbledore1_thumb

i can’t wait to see the coverage of this event. have fun, everyone!

Posted by Empressa on July 09, 2009, 10:26 AM report to moderator
250px-youre-a-wizard

It was reported 15 min. ago that some fans camped out on 54th street outside ziegfeld for the premiere.

Posted by EnricoDc on July 09, 2009, 10:31 AM report to moderator
Da1a_thumb

Are they going to livestream the NYC one? Wish I could be there!
Erin

Posted by Rin68nyr on July 09, 2009, 10:33 AM report to moderator
36090_413317180969_787035969_4440390_4514136_n_thumb

PLEEEEZ tell me there will be coverage, to be seen here…. I may live, here in the East, buy I’ll not be able to get to a television [besides, I don’t know if it will be televised, anyhow!!!] Only 6 more days! AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHHHH!

Posted by Confederate Lady [CL, Rawwrrrr] on July 09, 2009, 10:34 AM report to moderator
Pheonix2_thumb

Anyone know what channel is covering this premier?

Posted by Liderc on July 09, 2009, 10:39 AM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

I wish we could all watch it live online again =( Oh well. Looking forward to the pictures and interviews!

Posted by Christine on July 09, 2009, 10:44 AM report to moderator

I live outside the city and from what i heard peeps have already lined up early in the a.m. for tonight.. Cant wait for the movie.

Posted by ljc on July 09, 2009, 10:44 AM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_girl_thumb

gah! hope interviews are online as much as they were for the london premiere!

Posted by ameema on July 09, 2009, 10:44 AM report to moderator
Pic_20_2312ma14060069-0001_thumb

I can’t wait! I will be watching. I taped Emma on Dave last night. Saw Rupert on Regis.Waiting for Dan on Mtv.This is it guys.2 more after this.BUT we also have the Wizarding World here in Fla. yeah! That will be bloody brilliant.Sleeping overnight there for that when the whole cast should be there.Plus Jo of course.:)

Posted by Dlcohm7 on July 09, 2009, 10:48 AM report to moderator

I’m going after work! Can’t get out of work early so I probably won’t be able to see much, but I’m gonna try!

Posted by lindseynyc on July 09, 2009, 10:56 AM report to moderator
Emma-vs-01_copy_thumb

I’d kill to be there!! I’m gonna try and make it for the DH premiere for sure. I have to go to one at least once in my lifetime.

Also, this is Off Topic but why in the hell hasn’t Leaky updated the countdown clock!?! It’s still set to the 17th. Have they not noticed this?!?

Posted by Leo_Lovegood on July 09, 2009, 10:58 AM report to moderator
Da1a_thumb

I will try to watch MTV at 11:30, but the program guide says that Cribs is on then…and no mention of Dan…

Erin

Posted by Rin68nyr on July 09, 2009, 10:58 AM report to moderator

...she shoved Harry forward toward the steps, past the conductor, who goggled at Harry as he passed.[br]"'Ere -- it's 'Arry --!"[br]"If you shout his name I will curse you into oblivion," muttered Tonks menacingly, now shunting Ginny and Hermione forward.