Entertainment Weekly Feature on Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

HBP Film
July 09, 2009, 09:47 AM

The new issue of Entertainment Weekly will contain a cover story and lengthy feature on Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Due on newsstands tomorrow Friday, July 10th, you can see a high res image of the cover here in our galleries that featuring a brand new photo of the Trio of Dan Radcliffe, Rupert Grint and Emma Watson. The magazine also promises new exclusive photos from HBP as well as teasers on the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. The website reads:

Half-Blood Prince encompasses young love run amuck, secret missions, and impending war. Most Hollywood insiders expect it to be one of the year's biggest hits, partly because it's rated a family-friendly PG, whereas the last two Potter films were PG-13. Still, it will be interesting to see how the movie's brand of innocent romance plays with young audiences smitten by the neo-goth sexiness of Twilight. Even Potter star Emma Watson read all four Twilight books after a friend turned her onto the series last year. "I mean, I wouldn't say I was one of the psycho fans," she says. "Absolute madness, that phenomenon, isn't it?"

As for the Potter phenomenon, the movies are slowly coming to an end, with the remaining JK Rowling novel, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, to be split into two movies. During the production of Half-Blood Prince -- the final chapter to be set within Hogwarts School-Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint and Watson wore their characters' Gryffindor House robes for the last time. "I was like 'Burn it!' Oh my god, to be done with those shoes and that uniform-that was an exciting day," says Watson. Radcliffe adds, "When you're 18, one of the worst things to be wearing while tryin got chat up a girl on the set is a school uniform. You look like a kid! You're not going to score dressed like that!"

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Raven_avatar_thumb

Really nice cover pix…

Posted by Won_Two on July 09, 2009, 01:46 PM report to moderator
Hpg05_thumb

hahahaha cool picturee…ilovee the triooww, the interview
iss great :)

Posted by potterrock on July 09, 2009, 02:16 PM report to moderator
Scrap_tiger_1879__thumb

Makes me laugh Emma wishing they could burn the robes, and Daniel feeling foolish wearing the uniform -of course, they won’t be burned, they’re probably going to Florida for the theme park. In 10 years or so, the trio will likely be all nostalgic about their old costumes; makes nothing in the way of sense, but that’s the way it works, just one of the quirks in human nature.

Posted by CathrynOCamdentowne on July 09, 2009, 02:18 PM report to moderator
Dsc08588_thumb

AH! I’m so excited! I love the cover photo, everyone looks great, but especially Emma and Rupert. Oh, whenever I get an issue with HP on the cover I especially appreciate the fact that I subscribed to this magazine :D

Posted by Jade Danielle (WBM) on July 09, 2009, 03:06 PM report to moderator

Gorgeous colors on the cover. And I love that Emma-Rupert interaction—foreshadowing for the 6th/7th book? Love it! And lol at Dan’s incredibly manly chest hair.

Posted by miobrio on July 09, 2009, 03:25 PM report to moderator

Can’t wait to read it. But, seriously, why is Twilight referenced in every single HP article? I mean I have no problem with Emma reading Twilight or anything, but what is the connection to HP?!

Posted by badger666 on July 09, 2009, 04:35 PM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

coolio

Kc_lucius1_thumb

going to get this tomorrow!

Posted by KC Nox on July 13, 2009, 02:23 AM report to moderator
Rupes_maggie_thumb

that mag is definitely a keeper! :P)

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on July 21, 2009, 07:16 PM report to moderator

"You just wait till I tell Dad you had that thing out --"[br]"Running to Daddy now, are you? Is his ickle boxing champ frightened of nasty Harry's wand?"