David Heyman Confirms Ultimate Collectors Harry Potter DVD Set Due

Movies
July 09, 2009, 02:50 PM

Exciting news just now from the ongoing press conference before the NYC premiere of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. As tweeted by our own Melissa Anelli live from the conference @leaky, producer David Heyman confirmed the long hoped- for DVD collectors set. During the press conference which also has new remarks from screenwriter Steve Kloves, Melissa reports as follows: "Heyman: there will be the ultimate collector's edition, worry not" Other notable quotes:
Heyman: in blu Ray, actors go around to departments and talk with them
Also in Blu Ray, slughorn montageHeyman on splitting of DH: "the studio was very happy with our decision, let's not kid ourselves "
Heyman: kloves called the other say and said 'I think we can do three!'
Stating again what he told first told TLC last September: Heyman: Kreacher will be in the seventh film
Heyman: I don't know what the MPA were thinking (re PG rating)
Kloves: there's only so much freight the movie can carry.. We have long discussions at times (re exposition)
Kloves: I try to do the impossible initially and put everything in the script... They help with some of the heavy liftting
Kloves: the first day I met Jo... She said to me I know the movies can't be the books; what's important to me is the characters.
Kloves: I try not to be too slavishly connected to the books when it defeats the drama of cinema
Kloves: dark is easier than light (as a writer)

Director David Yates echos comments posted earlier here on TLC about the first part of DH being a road movie and the second part being more operatic.
Yates: first DH is a 'road movie'... Like three refugees being pursued by death eaters
Yates: second DH a big opera, very epic

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

282600_233804939987291_100000733600249_807455_78180_n_thumb

im going to have to get in to blu ray and buy one maybe this summer or i sould just get a ps3 ha.. but sweet sound fun i hope they have alot of extra stuff to show..

Posted by Horcruxalej on July 09, 2009, 03:01 PM report to moderator
Normal_hp_actors_thumb

Is this ultimate edtion coming out when all the movies finish or when HBP comes out. Looks like I have to get my PS3 sooner than I thought.

Posted by CandyCane2304 on July 09, 2009, 03:03 PM report to moderator
Bookworm_thumb

We figured it would happen, but it’s great to have confirmation! :)

Posted by Bookworm Jen on July 09, 2009, 03:06 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

Sounds cool! Sooner or later I’ll also have to get me a blue-ray player.

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on July 09, 2009, 03:07 PM report to moderator
Capture10_thumb

i need a blue ray player too. How much are they I wonder.

Posted by Gryffindor1991 {ROAR!!!} on July 09, 2009, 03:13 PM report to moderator
Pansy_thumb

I have the first four movies on dvd, but know I will want to buy all 8 dvds again- which is kind of annoying!

Posted by pansy parkinson on July 09, 2009, 03:15 PM report to moderator
Biker_old_lady4done_use_thumb

Somehow this didn’t give me a lot of information.

Posted by Cool G on July 09, 2009, 03:17 PM report to moderator
Picture_057_thumb

it better be good! I’m all for buying a nice box set, but I want them to be awesome and worth it.

Posted by abandonedboyjon on July 09, 2009, 03:21 PM report to moderator
Angelina3_thumb

Well, hell. I don’t know if I want to buy HBP or DH when it comes out if there is going to be an “Ultimate” collection. I should just wait so I don’t have multiple copies like my hubby has Star Wars.
What I would truly like to see is some discussion about the Book That Must Not Be Named….how’s progress…is there progress?

Posted by queenraven on July 09, 2009, 03:23 PM report to moderator
Ipod-harry_thumb

I’ll buy a special boxed set, but only after both deathly hallows parts are out on DVD

Posted by horsepatronus64 on July 09, 2009, 03:24 PM report to moderator
Me_at_eyecon_thumb

I just need to know if the “ultimate collector’s editions” will have the full, uncut versions of the movies that we get to see on ABC Family? With all of the deleted scenes added back in? That would be the ultimate for me.

Posted by hmrpotter on July 09, 2009, 03:26 PM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

So excited, going by Leaky’s updates on Twitter, Heyman, Kloves and Yates are giving away alot of details. I love those guys

Posted by KiwiMcI on July 09, 2009, 03:27 PM report to moderator
Buckbeak_thumb

Someday I will be able to sit down with all eight DVDs and have a HP movie marathon day (or two).

Posted by Girlraven1 on July 09, 2009, 03:28 PM report to moderator
Mr_bean__thumb

Yay!! I already have 1-5 though

Posted by hermionenluna TZS ROAR! on July 09, 2009, 03:29 PM report to moderator
Piercing2_thumb

Heyman: I don’t know what the MPA were thinking (re PG rating)
-Yeah, me too.

Posted by harrypottergirlll on July 09, 2009, 03:29 PM report to moderator

"We won! You won! We won!" shouted Ron, thumping Harry on the back. "And I gave Malfoy a black eye, and Neville tried to take on Crabbe and Goyle single-handed!"