WB: Wizarding World of Harry Potter Theme Park to Open "Spring 2010"

HBP Film
July 08, 2009, 11:45 AM

As part of the launch for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Warner Brothers Consumer Products is being featured in Licensing Biz, where WB will be providing them with new insights and plans for the next four years. According to the website, as part of "global scale events" due over the next four years, the Wizarding World of Harry Potter is set to open in Spring, 2010. This matches many earlier reports we've seen here on TLC. Over the past few weeks too weve heard more about the theme park, most recently about a ride being built inside the giant castle of Hogwarts and from Emma Watson who said last week that she filmed a video to be shown to guests as part of an interactive ride. A recap on all of the latest can be found in the Telegraph today, with recent construction photos of the park being built in Orlando, Florida seen here courtesy of fan Brian Dorf.

Also WB told Licensing Biz that the DVD for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is due "Q4 2009" putting it in the holiday/December release time frame we reported on previously. We will update with any new information that might be released on this over the next few days.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Bb620ecb12c9468f9c2bae8e1750bb27_thumb

So rowling will not allow americans to act in the HP films, but will allow a HP theme park to be built in america?? What the F…rench toast :)

Posted by GTHunter [FTC!] on July 08, 2009, 06:22 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_finale_thumb

Putting out the DVD for Christmas is great marketing – and very quick. I guess they had all the extra time to get it together. I just hope they keep up that pace, because I want to buy my “superspecial-all-movies-all-extras-and-really nifty-packaging” edition of alllllll the movies at some point in the not too distant future. Sigh…I wonder how many copies of the movies I will end up with when all is said and done. lol

Posted by polyjusposhun on July 08, 2009, 06:35 PM report to moderator
4pchrmb_thumb

Wo! That looks awesome!

Posted by lupinwandcaster on July 08, 2009, 06:59 PM report to moderator
Bild2_thumb

Can’t wait to go!

Posted by ClariceCuri on July 08, 2009, 07:27 PM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

Yay! I can’t wait to go :)

Posted by Christine on July 08, 2009, 08:48 PM report to moderator
49860_1104575754_1481_n_thumb

This is most excellently squeeful news — but I think I’ll wait a few months before I head down.

Posted by Garden State Geek on July 08, 2009, 09:22 PM report to moderator

I’m soo excited about this park I can’t wait for it to open, and like everyone else that dvd is what I’m getting for Christmas

Posted by WolfyWizard on July 08, 2009, 10:03 PM report to moderator
Dsc08588_thumb

I don’t ever have the money to travel (never have in my life), so I know there’s no real chance I’ll get to go, but I’m still so excited! Ah! Well, now I know when I’m going to have to have money saved up…

Posted by Jade Danielle (WBM) on July 08, 2009, 10:46 PM report to moderator
Avatarrockthesoul057

How I love living in Florida. lol

Posted by Britski on July 09, 2009, 01:15 AM report to moderator
Img_7118_thumb

YAY! I can’t wait. I’m going to put the trip off ’till LeakyCon ’11 though. There is going to be a “leakyCon takes over the park” event right?

Posted by gooseywizard on July 09, 2009, 01:18 AM report to moderator
Th_o1z-hb12_thumb

YESS! its going to be there for grad night :D so excited. im happy i live in florida now lolz

Posted by Danilicous2010 on July 09, 2009, 01:29 AM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hni_0022_thumb

Finally after all these years at least one of my wishes has come true!!!

cant wait!!!

Posted by ϟ☮Sindi a.k.a Remy [ROAR!!]☮ϟ on July 09, 2009, 08:05 PM report to moderator
Hni_0022_thumb

Finally after all these years at least one of my wishes has come true!!!

cant wait!!!

Posted by ϟ☮Sindi a.k.a Remy [ROAR!!]☮ϟ on July 09, 2009, 08:06 PM report to moderator
Kc_lucius1_thumb

spring 2010!!! I am freaking out :)

Posted by KC Nox on July 11, 2009, 12:09 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"Has anyone seen a toad? Neville's lost one," she said. She had a bossy sort of voice, lots of bushy brown hair, and rather large front teeth.