WB: Wizarding World of Harry Potter Theme Park to Open "Spring 2010"

HBP Film
July 08, 2009, 11:45 AM

As part of the launch for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Warner Brothers Consumer Products is being featured in Licensing Biz, where WB will be providing them with new insights and plans for the next four years. According to the website, as part of "global scale events" due over the next four years, the Wizarding World of Harry Potter is set to open in Spring, 2010. This matches many earlier reports we've seen here on TLC. Over the past few weeks too weve heard more about the theme park, most recently about a ride being built inside the giant castle of Hogwarts and from Emma Watson who said last week that she filmed a video to be shown to guests as part of an interactive ride. A recap on all of the latest can be found in the Telegraph today, with recent construction photos of the park being built in Orlando, Florida seen here courtesy of fan Brian Dorf.

Also WB told Licensing Biz that the DVD for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is due "Q4 2009" putting it in the holiday/December release time frame we reported on previously. We will update with any new information that might be released on this over the next few days.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Posted by LulaL on July 08, 2009, 01:18 PM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

YES!!! SO CANT WAIT!!!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on July 08, 2009, 01:28 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

It opens next year….. so COOL!! :-D

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on July 08, 2009, 01:41 PM report to moderator
Bookworm_thumb

It’s good to have the timeframe narrowed down. Now I just have to hope I will be able to afford to go in 2010 and again for LeakyCon 2011. :)

Posted by Bookworm Jen on July 08, 2009, 01:48 PM report to moderator
Avatars_books_bookart_jun_002_thumb

I can’t wait :)

Posted by ElVampiro9878 on July 08, 2009, 01:56 PM report to moderator
Iheartfredgeorge_thumb

Yes!! I can’t wait! Maybe I’ll go during my spring break! :D

Posted by Mera004 on July 08, 2009, 02:11 PM report to moderator
Capture10_thumb

I cant wait to get the DVD and I cant wait until the park opens. I want to go so badly. I hope its good.

Posted by Gryffindor1991 {ROAR!!!} on July 08, 2009, 02:27 PM report to moderator
Marauders_map_thumb

yay! i live in florida! i cant wait ot go here!

Posted by SeverusSnape33 on July 08, 2009, 03:25 PM report to moderator
Yuleball29wd_thumb

whooo! I know what I’m getting for my 15th birthday :D

Posted by Half-blood Princess on July 08, 2009, 03:59 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I absolutely cannot wait for the theme park to open and intend to visit it next summer with my family!

Posted by Kirk on July 08, 2009, 04:36 PM report to moderator
Twitter-logo-ad-office_thumb

Oh dear. I’m going in February for my birthday and that certainly isn’t spring! I’m hoping they speed up a bit!

Posted by Auror Proudfoot on July 08, 2009, 05:07 PM report to moderator

If I remember I’ll take some pictures on Friday cause I’m visiting the park.

Posted by BMcFly1 on July 08, 2009, 06:02 PM report to moderator
Gof2sem09_thumb

I live in Florida, and Universal is ALWAYS soo busy, which is expected. I really really want to go to this by the time it comes out, but man, I’m worried about it being worse than it normally is. I don’t wanna get trampled by crazy fans! But then again, I might be one of ’em x3

Posted by SnufflieSocks on July 08, 2009, 06:15 PM report to moderator

He looked closely at the owl for a moment; then, to Harry's and Hermione's great surprise, he held him out for Crookshanks to sniff.[br]"What do'you reckon?" Ron asked the cat. "Definitely an owl?"[br]Crookshanks purred.[br]"That's good enough for me," sa

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014