Rupert Grint Wouldn't Mind Being Sorted into Hufflepuff and Other Glorious News

Grint
July 08, 2009, 09:18 AM

Dear Rupert Grint,
 On behalf of Hufflepuffs and those open-minded fans everywhere who are not ashamed of where the sorting hat may place you, this editor heartily applauds you loudly for the comments contained in an interview with Time Out NewYork as follows:

Would you rather be the hero or the sidekick, generally speaking?
I’ve always liked the character of Ron. He was my favorite when I was reading the books. I’ve always felt a kind of connection to him, because I’ve found certain similarities between us. Just little things, like us both being ginger, and I have a few brothers and sisters as well. I thought he was funny in the books as well. So, yeah, it doesn’t bother me.

What’s the best way to duck a mob of screaming young girls?
I don’t know, really. It doesn’t happen much here. It’s mainly when we’re in America when they’re much more crazy and forward. Mainly it’s just people staring. It took me a while to adjust to that, because it is sort of a strange experience, being known when you go out.

There’s an online quiz that sorts you into Harry Potter houses, and my brother’s friend—a big, burly dude—became distraught after he was put in Hufflepuff. Didn’t come out of his room all weekend. Overreaction?
No way! [Laughs] That really affected him? That is so weird. I probably wouldn’t mind.

Let's repeat that last part: "I probably wouldn't mind." While it is true Rupert you are probably a Gryffindor, this comment reflects the best of the spirit of the books and Albus Dumbledore; bravo!

Love, from the House of Hufflepuff  :)

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Grint News

106_4038_thumb

wwoohhh!! GO RUPERT!! FIRST AGAIN!! hahahaha GAWSH!

Posted by gayle.marie [[ ROAR ]] on July 08, 2009, 09:22 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter_siggy_thumb

LOL,, I am a hufflepuff! Go job Rupe!!!!!!!

Posted by harrypotterlover10 on July 08, 2009, 09:25 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter_siggy_thumb

I ment Go Rupe!

Posted by harrypotterlover10 on July 08, 2009, 09:26 AM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

in all the quizzes ive done it says i am a hufflepuff which im v proud of!!!!! i <3 the puffs!!!! but im a proud gryffie as well!!!!!!!

Potter_thumb

YESYESYESYESYES!!!

Posted by SunnyElf on July 08, 2009, 09:38 AM report to moderator
Deathly_002_001_thumb

Nice :)

Posted by wiltabone on July 08, 2009, 09:38 AM report to moderator
Phpyyqy43_c2am_thumb

Yeah, Hufflepuffs!!! Go Rupert!

Posted by weasleywannabe1997 on July 08, 2009, 09:40 AM report to moderator

When is this HBP promotional tour starting in the US?

Posted by You Know Stew [ROAR!] on July 08, 2009, 09:40 AM report to moderator
Th_goficons-mmarauder-38_thumb

Reason 582 to love Rupert!

Posted by mrh216 on July 08, 2009, 09:42 AM report to moderator
N1489362413_9748_thumb

Oh, I can almost hear Sue squee-ing…

Posted by Daniela [WBM] on July 08, 2009, 09:48 AM report to moderator

Rather nice of him :)

Posted by ClariceCuri on July 08, 2009, 09:58 AM report to moderator

THANK YOU SUE!

I giggled so much during that.You made my day (: GO HUFFLEPUFFS! :’DD

Posted by Lori Longbottom [OTC!] on July 08, 2009, 09:59 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"Well, I can certainly see why we're trying to keep them alive," said Malfoy sarcastically. "Who wouldn't want pets that can burn, sting, and bite all at once?"