Snape Over London: Leicester Square Ready for London Premiere of Half-Blood Prince

HBP Film
July 07, 2009, 07:29 AM

Looming over the skies of London...is Severus Snape! Well more like a poster heralding the premiere of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince which will take place today in Leicester Square, London, England. Crews have been hard at work prepping the area for the event and we now have photos from the scene here thanks to TLC staffer Wendy. REMEMBER: You can watch the premiere LIVE TODAY AT 1:00pm (6 pm GMT) VIA THIS LINK.  Confirmed to attend are the following:
Harry Potter author J.K. ROWLING; actors: Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, Emma Watson, Michael Gambon, Alan Rickman, Jim Broadbent, Robbie Coltrane, Helena Bonham Carter, Helen McCrory, Julie Walters, Tom Felton, Bonnie Wright, Evanna Lynch, Matt Lewis, James and Oliver Phelps, Jessie Cave, David Thewlis, Natalia Tena, (possibly Dame Maggie Smith), Hero Finnes Tiffin, director David Yates, producers David Heyman and David Barron with a few surprise guests. STAY TUNED! If you are going, please send in your reports and photos to staff@the-leaky-cauldron.org Have a great time!

UPDATE: The London paper reports that many fans have been camping out all night in anticipation of the premiere today. "Student Samantha Blum, 22, was among six German students first in line. She said: "We got here at 10am on Monday because we are crazy about the film and want to see the stars. I want to see Helena Bonham Carter and get autographs.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Ron1_thumb

Ooh, so exciting =)

Posted by Christine on July 07, 2009, 12:42 PM report to moderator
Pic_20_2312ma14060069-0001_thumb

I’m a little mad,this is the same time as the Michael Jackson memorial. I want to watch that too. Wish they could have moved it till tomorrow.It might take away viewers and the movie. HPHBP deserves full attention darnit!

Posted by Dlcohm7 on July 07, 2009, 12:43 PM report to moderator
Ravenclawd_normal_thumb

Thats cool. I’m pretty mad I can’t get to londond though

Posted by DobbyandWinky WBM!!! on July 07, 2009, 01:01 PM report to moderator
Budgie_thumb
12005 Points

What a day to have to work!

Posted by budgie on July 07, 2009, 01:01 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter__hbp_promo__3_thumb

Cool….wish I could be there….

Posted by forgetmenot_007 on July 07, 2009, 01:03 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_ljx6bckvt81qayzvw_thumb
2043 Points

cool yay for 6 pm

Posted by GinnyRose2004 on July 07, 2009, 01:08 PM report to moderator
Fj_sbokbillde_thumb

Ah… I wish I could be there! It would be so amazing. Definitely watching it live though, it’ll be on at 19:00 local time for me so that’s perfect! :)

Posted by Kissa on July 07, 2009, 01:12 PM report to moderator
36090_413317180969_787035969_4440390_4514136_n_thumb

@Dlcohm7….I’d go for the HP premier any day! I am sooo jealous of the folks in GB!!!!! And I can’t get to NY for OUR premier….(wahhhhh!)

Posted by Confederate Lady [CL, Rawwrrrr] on July 07, 2009, 01:17 PM report to moderator
Msn_thumb

Have fun to whoever is going! I’ll definatly be watching from home though :)
Will fans be able to go to the NY premiere?

Posted by HermioneRon4ever on July 07, 2009, 01:23 PM report to moderator
Marguerite_thumb

It’s got to be so exciting! I’ll definitely try to go to London for one of the two Deathly hollows premieres!

Posted by Despina on July 07, 2009, 01:30 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

wow! can’t wait!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Matea on July 07, 2009, 01:35 PM report to moderator

awwwww….I tried to watch the premiere live, but it’s not very clear-viewing. I’ll try later

Posted by ele0206 -ROAR- on July 07, 2009, 01:59 PM report to moderator
Avpm_15_by_cuttlefishbella_thumb

Cool pics!
There are so many stars going to the premier!!! My friend from NJ is in London now… AND he’s a Harry Potter fan!! :].
Blumm is a dedicated fan :]. I would soooo camp out at a premier! That’s gotta be fun with all the fans there.

Posted by Live Laugh Love Potter ♥ROAR♥ on July 07, 2009, 02:11 PM report to moderator
Photo_540_thumb

awesome! i wish i would have computer access at the time…. still can’t wait for the movie though ;D

Posted by FijiSunrise. on July 07, 2009, 02:15 PM report to moderator
Capture10_thumb

Awesome I cant wait to watch it.

Posted by Gryffindor1991 {ROAR!!!} on July 07, 2009, 02:30 PM report to moderator

"And it's Johnson, Johnson with the Quaffle, what a player that girl is, I've been saying it for years but she still won't go out with me --"[br]"JORDAN!" yelled Professor McGonagall.[br]"Just a fun fact, Professor, adds a bit of interest --"