More from Bill Nighy on Role as Rufus Scrimgeour in Deathly Hallows

DH Film
July 06, 2009, 04:42 PM

As first heard on PotterCast and posted here both in May and again last month, actor Bill Nighy has been cast in the part of Rufus Scrimgeour for the upcoming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Thanks to Newsround for this article containing new quotes from the actor who said ""I am in the next Harry Potter," he told reporters."I will be Rufus Scrimgeour, who is the Minister of Magic and he is a very very important man." He then added: "I am no longer the only English actor not to be in Harry Potter and I am very pleased."  It is believed he will be filming his part as the Minister of Magic within the next few weeks, once production begins again after taking this week off for the various international releases of Half-Blood Prince.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Cool, he was Davy Jones in Pirates of the Carribean!

Posted by danaskeeter *ROAR!* on July 07, 2009, 06:35 AM report to moderator
Hedwig_avatar_thumb

Don’t forget his ageing rock star part in Love Actually, he was hilarious!

Posted by Graymayne on July 07, 2009, 11:08 AM report to moderator
Moon3_thumb

Interesting casting. I love Bill Nighy, but doesn’t look like my Scimgeour that I see when I read the books. I am sure we will go a great job though, I wish they would have introduced him in HBP so he could have lasted longer since he dies fairly quickly in Deathly Hallows.

Posted by Figment on July 07, 2009, 01:10 PM report to moderator
Avpm_15_by_cuttlefishbella_thumb

Most seem to like Nighly. I hope he’s as good as everyone says!

Posted by Live Laugh Love Potter ♥ROAR♥ on July 07, 2009, 01:55 PM report to moderator
Tamy_129_thumb

Way to go Bill! I think he is amazing! He did an awesome job as Davy Jones in POTC and he can be truly funny. So happy he is Scrimgeour. The only one lacking now,for me, is Colin Firth. I really love him!

Posted by Tamyris on July 07, 2009, 06:09 PM report to moderator
Bronwyn_almost_4_months_thumb

Most of the time the actors don’t really fit the character picture in my imagination; however, in this case, Bill N is spot on! They just need to fluff out his hair to the lion’s main.

Posted by Xyra44 on July 07, 2009, 06:13 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I am so filled with joy that Bill Nighy is going to appear in the final movie that whenever his name appears, I begin to mumble incoherently with excitement. He is going to bring an energy and life to the film that no one else could.

Posted by Kirk on July 07, 2009, 10:27 PM report to moderator
Picture_3_thumb

PERFECT casting – I’ve been hoping Bill would be in HP for ages!

Posted by Araminta1987 on July 07, 2009, 11:31 PM report to moderator

i’m really glad he was cast.

Posted by Leeann on July 08, 2009, 03:37 PM report to moderator
Kc_lucius1_thumb

billy mack!

Posted by KC Nox on July 10, 2009, 11:40 PM report to moderator

"Best range of love potions you'll find anywhere."[br]Ginny raised an eyebrow skeptically. "Do they work?" she asked.[br]"Certainly they work, for up to twenty-four hours at a time depending on the weight of the boy in question --"[br]"-- and the attracti