More from Bill Nighy on Role as Rufus Scrimgeour in Deathly Hallows

DH Film
July 06, 2009, 04:42 PM

As first heard on PotterCast and posted here both in May and again last month, actor Bill Nighy has been cast in the part of Rufus Scrimgeour for the upcoming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Thanks to Newsround for this article containing new quotes from the actor who said ""I am in the next Harry Potter," he told reporters."I will be Rufus Scrimgeour, who is the Minister of Magic and he is a very very important man." He then added: "I am no longer the only English actor not to be in Harry Potter and I am very pleased."  It is believed he will be filming his part as the Minister of Magic within the next few weeks, once production begins again after taking this week off for the various international releases of Half-Blood Prince.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Groucho2_thumb

Well, there are many others who haven’t been in the films either, including Michael Caine and Judy Dench

Personally, in HBP, I would have loved to seen Sean Connery at Slughorn’s Christmas Party, wearing a tux, martini glass in hand, just walking from left to right in front of the camera, or perhaps talking with Trelawney in a corner.

Posted by budb on July 06, 2009, 11:11 PM report to moderator
Dsc08588_thumb

I just love Billy Nighy! I’m so excited about this. I keep telling myself it’s silly to get excited for Dh when HBP isn’t even out yet – but things like this just make it impossible to stop myself :D

Posted by Jade Danielle (WBM) on July 06, 2009, 11:18 PM report to moderator
Goficons-mmarauder-14_thumb

That would be awsome budb!!!! I wish they would cast Dame Judi at Nevilles Granny, that would be great too. I’m sooo glad they cast Bill…hes brilliant.

Posted by Remus_Rocks on July 06, 2009, 11:29 PM report to moderator
Rupes_maggie_thumb

At Bill Nighy got his wish granted to be in a HP film ! :P)

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on July 06, 2009, 11:34 PM report to moderator
Hp___luna_lovegood_by_alicia_chan_thumb

Is anyone else appalled by the fact that Bill Nighy looks nothing at all like a lion? Anyone?
Well, I suppose they could give him a nice wig or something.

Posted by madebymuggles on July 07, 2009, 12:05 AM report to moderator
Msn_thumb

All he needs is a wig and he’s perfect! Remus_Rocks: Yep! She could definatly play Neville’s grandmother!

Posted by HermioneRon4ever on July 07, 2009, 12:36 AM report to moderator

this is really good casting, Bill Nighy will be great

Posted by WolfyWizard on July 07, 2009, 12:48 AM report to moderator
Quidditch_2012_thumb

I love Bill Nighy! That’s awesome ;)

Posted by muzic823{ROAR} on July 07, 2009, 12:59 AM report to moderator

Bill Nighy really is at the top of his game at the moment, and just a few days ago I was complaining to a friend that the chances of him being cast as Scrimgeour were slim due to the fact he’ll just be killed off. Thank dog Steve Kloves must have written him something good (first time ever!) or David Yates begged. Either way, brilliant!

Posted by Clabwag. on July 07, 2009, 01:04 AM report to moderator
Andysnowhead2002b1_thumb

looks like a good fit!!

Posted by Mugglejeff on July 07, 2009, 01:16 AM report to moderator
Owl_watermelon_thumb

Finally! I had been waiting for Mr. Nighy to show up in the series. He will make a fine, if brief, appearance as Scrimgeour.

Posted by Lucia Meadows on July 07, 2009, 01:51 AM report to moderator

He should have been in the HBP film. Scrimgeour does appear in the book.

Posted by SybilT on July 07, 2009, 02:24 AM report to moderator
Pic_20_2312ma14060069-0001_thumb

He was awesome in Pirates of the Caribbean.He played the Octopus guy captain.Yikes, forget his name.Yknow who I mean.Did great!

Posted by Dlcohm7 on July 07, 2009, 04:05 AM report to moderator
Bb620ecb12c9468f9c2bae8e1750bb27_thumb

his part is going to be fun…I get to die 15 minutes after the movie starts!!! and I dont even die in person, someone just tells radcliffe… YAY

Posted by GTHunter [FTC!] on July 07, 2009, 04:11 AM report to moderator
Rainingmen_thumb

PERFECT CASTING!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’m so excited!!!!!!! This makes up for keeping him out of HBP!!! :)

Posted by BwaySaint on July 07, 2009, 04:11 AM report to moderator

"But, sir," said Hermione, seemingly unable to restrain herself, "we're not supposed to do werewolves yet, we're due to start hinkypunks --"[br]"Miss Granger," said Snape in a voice of deadly calm, "I was under the impression that I am teaching this lesso