More from Bill Nighy on Role as Rufus Scrimgeour in Deathly Hallows

DH Film
July 06, 2009, 04:42 PM

As first heard on PotterCast and posted here both in May and again last month, actor Bill Nighy has been cast in the part of Rufus Scrimgeour for the upcoming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Thanks to Newsround for this article containing new quotes from the actor who said ""I am in the next Harry Potter," he told reporters."I will be Rufus Scrimgeour, who is the Minister of Magic and he is a very very important man." He then added: "I am no longer the only English actor not to be in Harry Potter and I am very pleased."  It is believed he will be filming his part as the Minister of Magic within the next few weeks, once production begins again after taking this week off for the various international releases of Half-Blood Prince.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Budgie_thumb
12005 Points

He has to be there to pass out the book, snitch and put-outer.

Posted by budgie on July 06, 2009, 08:45 PM report to moderator
Hpmaggie2_copy2_thumb

I am so excited to see him in this role, finally!

Posted by Headmistress LemonFaerie on July 06, 2009, 08:46 PM report to moderator
Avatar_spitfyre_thumb

Yay!!

Posted by SpitFyre on July 06, 2009, 08:50 PM report to moderator
Dsc00162_thumb

Personally, I’m not sure that they couldn’t have had McGonegal do that instead of introducing a brand new character, particularly since he’s going to die within minutes. But, what the hey, it’s good casting.

Posted by dcrazmo {ROAR} on July 06, 2009, 08:52 PM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb

Good! Scrimgeour is quite acharacter to play, and Bill should be super in the role.

Posted by Fresca ROAR on July 06, 2009, 09:04 PM report to moderator
Hrpetersam_thumb

ho ho! I remembered when the sixth book came out Bill took an interest in that part!!

Posted by Miss Dracothan on July 06, 2009, 09:20 PM report to moderator
9387883_csua9n9y_c_thumb

hehe you have to love mr Bill Nighy even if he does only last a few minutes in the book.

Posted by Snunkiebrian (Gold Marauder46) on July 06, 2009, 09:29 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

He definitely looks like the character in my mind… sounds cool!

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on July 06, 2009, 09:31 PM report to moderator
Hr_hbp_thumb

<<He then added: “I am no longer the only English actor not to be in Harry Potter and I am very pleased.”>>

That made me lol! I think he’ll be a good addition.

Posted by RHrSoulmates on July 06, 2009, 09:33 PM report to moderator
Capture10_thumb

I knew it!!! He needs to pass on The Tales of Beedle The Bard, the Golden Snich, and the Deluminator. He’ll make a great Scrimgeour. Theyll have to add a lot of fake hair though because hes supposed to look like he has a lions mane.

Posted by Gryffindor1991 {ROAR!!!} on July 06, 2009, 10:02 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Good casting…

Posted by Won_Two on July 06, 2009, 10:04 PM report to moderator

Lol, they finally cast Scrimmy just to kill him off ten minutes later. I wonder if Bill Nighy realizes that?

Posted by Jaymie Brooks on July 06, 2009, 10:05 PM report to moderator
Closeupoftriohbp_thumb

Don’t know this actor but I am hopeful that he will do a great job. Glad to see that they are sticking to the book as much as possible. Scrimgeour needed to be in the movie since he does have an important job. Actually he does help Harry along the way when he doesn’t tell where he is when he is killed.

Posted by beewell on July 06, 2009, 10:19 PM report to moderator
Avatar_thumb

LOVE Bill Nighy! Cool! :)

Posted by SkylinePigeon on July 06, 2009, 10:22 PM report to moderator

im glad he’s finally included in this film even if not for long he is a well known character GO YOU BILL!

Posted by granger_malfoy on July 06, 2009, 10:25 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"The gold ones are Galleons," he explained. "Seventeen silver Sickles to a Galleon and twenty-nine Knuts to a Sickle, it's easy enough."