Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince Premieres Today in Japan

HBP Film
July 06, 2009, 07:19 AM

Tokyo, Japan is the site today of the premiere of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Reuters is reporting that thousands of fans, many dressed in costume, lined up today for the premiere event. One fan is quoted as saying: "I was very disappointed when the release was postponed last year," said Yuta Endo, a 19-year-old university student, who watched the fifth installment five times. "I was so looking forward to it and worked really hard to get a ticket for the screening today." Other fans were unconcerned that the popularity of Harry Potter had waned among some of their peers. "Some of my friends stopped reading the books after the fourth or fifth installment," said Minori Wada, a 16-year-old student who said she had read all the books. "But I will be a fan for ever."Endo said he was holding off reading the final volume of the series."I am scared to end it. I am not ready for it yet," he said.

We hope to have photos up from the premiere, stay tuned!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Dhonesheet_thumb

Awesome!! I can’t wait to see pictures! I wonder which celebrities went?!

Posted by cghambright on July 06, 2009, 02:27 PM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

And BTW, the film isn’t coming out in Japan yet…they’re just having the premiere. Just like it’s premiering in the UK tomorrow, but the public doesn’t get to watch it until July 15th.

Posted by cghambright on July 06, 2009, 02:27 PM report to moderator
Capture10_thumb

cool i cant wait to see some pics from it. I cant wait to see the UK premiere either because i believe there is somewhere to watch live it online.

Posted by Gryffindor1991 {ROAR!!!} on July 06, 2009, 02:56 PM report to moderator

What? Wish I could fly to Japan and see it….but it would be in Japanese anyway, I suppose.

Posted by danaskeeter *ROAR!* on July 06, 2009, 03:09 PM report to moderator
394omggggg--chibi_rei_thumb

Umm, you can still be a fan even if you haven’t read all the books yet… I absolutely adore the wizarding world, the films and the books I’ve read so far but I’m only reading HBP at the mo’. And yes, I do consider myself a Harry Potter fan.

Posted by MischiefManaged on July 06, 2009, 03:31 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Lets see if anyone manages to get it on a vid cam and post it to the web like they did with OOTP

Posted by Won_Two on July 06, 2009, 03:38 PM report to moderator
Pluto_thumb

Why are the Japanese so lucky!

Posted by simos girl {WBM} ~Lemon~ on July 06, 2009, 04:26 PM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

Yay. I love premieres :) I can’t wait for the UK one tomorrow!

Posted by Christine on July 06, 2009, 04:44 PM report to moderator
Ginnya10_thumb

i am so jealous.
I live in Austria there is no premiere :(
we are too small but i hope the japanese post it in youtube.

Posted by nutela17 on July 06, 2009, 05:28 PM report to moderator
1393057603281_thumb
22029 Points

cool!

Capture10_thumb

I saw some pics from it. it seems no actors were there. the pics were only of fans looking goofy and the pics stunk.

Posted by Gryffindor1991 {ROAR!!!} on July 06, 2009, 07:45 PM report to moderator
Hp_thumb

im jealous………..

Posted by HattFerg on July 06, 2009, 08:07 PM report to moderator
9387883_csua9n9y_c_thumb

Why did it premier in Japan first?? Surely a British film should be premiered in Britain first??

Oh well i’ll look forward to watching the UK one tomorrow

Posted by Snunkiebrian (Gold Marauder46) on July 06, 2009, 09:51 PM report to moderator
Rupes_maggie_thumb

Wow, i didn’t realize that Japan was getting the premiere today. Good for them :)

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on July 06, 2009, 10:00 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_avatar_thumb

I like the Japanese and all that they have done for the video game world, but why do they always get the good stuff first?

Posted by Longbottomrocks on July 06, 2009, 11:43 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"Well, now --" said George.[br]"-- what with Dumbledore gone --" said Fred.[br]"-- we reckon a bit of mayhem --" said George.[br]"-- is exactly what our dear new Head deserves," said Fred.