Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince Premieres Today in Japan

HBP Film
July 06, 2009, 07:19 AM

Tokyo, Japan is the site today of the premiere of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Reuters is reporting that thousands of fans, many dressed in costume, lined up today for the premiere event. One fan is quoted as saying: "I was very disappointed when the release was postponed last year," said Yuta Endo, a 19-year-old university student, who watched the fifth installment five times. "I was so looking forward to it and worked really hard to get a ticket for the screening today." Other fans were unconcerned that the popularity of Harry Potter had waned among some of their peers. "Some of my friends stopped reading the books after the fourth or fifth installment," said Minori Wada, a 16-year-old student who said she had read all the books. "But I will be a fan for ever."Endo said he was holding off reading the final volume of the series."I am scared to end it. I am not ready for it yet," he said.

We hope to have photos up from the premiere, stay tuned!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Harryhermione_thumb

it premeires 2morow in the uk yay!!
cant wait

Posted by hermiones on July 06, 2009, 11:49 AM report to moderator
Harryhermione_thumb

i wonder which of the potter cast willl be attending???

Posted by hermiones on July 06, 2009, 11:50 AM report to moderator
Trio_poster_thumb

The premiere in UK will attend Dan, Emma, Rupert, Tom (Felton), Bonnie, Helena Bonham Carter, Evanna, Jessie Cave, David Yates and a few more…

Posted by Petra on July 06, 2009, 12:13 PM report to moderator
106_4038_thumb

omfg!! I am super jealous!! I can no longer wait for July 15!!! LOL!! But what can I do?
haha!! I hope u Japenese guys love it!! And POST IT IN YOUTUBE!! Hahaha!! Kidding :D

Posted by gayle.marie [[ ROAR ]] on July 06, 2009, 12:14 PM report to moderator
Downsized_0124001234a_thumb

and the season of premiers begins!!! I can’t wait for it to come out here…I have to find someone to go with though. My HP friend will be in Europe…

Posted by Olivia Elaine a.k.a Agent Pomplamoose on July 06, 2009, 12:28 PM report to moderator
36090_413317180969_787035969_4440390_4514136_n_thumb

AAAHHHHHH! I can’t be in New York! Or London. Or [well, I missed Tokyo, didn’t I?]
WOO HOO! Let the premier season begin!
9 days of waiting! YAHHHH!

Posted by Confederate Lady [CL, Rawwrrrr] on July 06, 2009, 01:06 PM report to moderator
Picture_6_thumb

So lucky! At least we’ve only got a few days left till we can all see it!

Posted by Emily [ROAR] on July 06, 2009, 01:15 PM report to moderator

can’t wait for the pics and the videos!!

Posted by ele0206 -ROAR- on July 06, 2009, 01:26 PM report to moderator
Picture_3_thumb

Oh, she watched it five times, I’m so impressed… not.

Also – my ticket to the midnight screening of HBP is my newest and most prized possesion. And I also wish I was in Japan right now because I seriously don’t think I can last til the 15th!

Posted by Araminta1987 on July 06, 2009, 01:31 PM report to moderator
Luna_thumb

i have pictures from the premiere ^ I went to the place but I didn’t see the movie, I didn’t have tickets. Nobody knew if any of the cast would come either, maybe they didn’t come…The red carpet was inside the building and you could only enter if you had a ticket…-_-; but I took pictures of the people dressed up. It didn’t look to me like there were thousands of fans tho…^;

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/py17/Hp1.jpg (Harry Potter Group)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/py17/IMG_0490.jpg (Harry Potter)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/py17/IMG_0490.jpg (Luna Lovegood)

Posted by piper17 on July 06, 2009, 01:38 PM report to moderator
Luna_thumb

sorry that last one of luna is here

Posted by piper17 on July 06, 2009, 01:40 PM report to moderator
26097981_thumb

How can you be a fan of the series and wait so long to read the final installment?!?

Posted by jenge {Meredith Mooncloud} ~ [ITC!] on July 06, 2009, 01:54 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I cannot wait to see the photos of the stars at the premiere; I am sure that the whole affair was lavish and enjoyable. :)

Posted by Kirk on July 06, 2009, 02:09 PM report to moderator
Playermodel

why do they get it so early, they have to translate it and they still get it before us.

Posted by jonfrog {ROAR} on July 06, 2009, 02:15 PM report to moderator
Nn7639l_thumb

Why does everyone else seem to get it earlier than those of us in the US? Grr! I don’t want to wait nine days.

Ah, well. I hope it’s brilliant, and that everyone enjoys it!

Posted by Leila Malfoy on July 06, 2009, 02:24 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"Cornelius, I am ready to fight your men -- and win again!" said Dumbledore in a thunderous voice. "But a few minutes ago you saw proof, with your own eyes, that I have been telling you the truth for a year. Lord Voldemort has returned, you have been chas