National Geographic Kids Feature on Half-Blood Prince

HBP Film
July 04, 2009, 08:55 PM

The new issue of National Geographic Kids magazine contains a behind the scenes feature on Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, with scans now available here in our galleries.  While none of the photos are new, there are fun facts for kids contained in the magazine. Some of these facts include tidbits that due to all amount of fake blood used in the Sectumsempra fight which one day got very messy, actor Tom Felton (Draco) had to change costumes "at least seven times." Other nuggets of news include fact such as the prop of Aragog the spider is covered in the same material as crash test dummies, and is the size of a large polar bear, and that makeup artists spent three hours each day gluing on white goat hair dyed black to make Dave Legano into the dreadful Werewolf Fenrir Greyback.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Upclose_of_me_thumb

FIRST! That’s pretty cool. :)

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on July 04, 2009, 10:01 PM report to moderator
Rupes_maggie_thumb

very interesting. :)

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on July 05, 2009, 01:01 AM report to moderator

I like that they are making this fun for ppl of all ages. HP rocks for all time!

Posted by RavenSmith {[WBM]} on July 05, 2009, 02:30 AM report to moderator
Budgie_thumb
12005 Points

Interesting details.

Posted by budgie on July 05, 2009, 05:08 AM report to moderator

Greyback continues to gross me out, lol.

Posted by rosalie on July 05, 2009, 06:37 AM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

This seems to be more like a disclaimer that its all not real so the little kids wont get too scared. Some fascinating facts though and I’m so glad there’s lots of blood in the Sectumsempra scene. The more I hear of HBP the more faithful it is, apart from the Gaunts everything I’ve wanted to be in there seems to be. Ah I think I can relax and really enjoy this film

Posted by KiwiMcI on July 05, 2009, 10:34 AM report to moderator

Cool.

Posted by badger666 on July 05, 2009, 11:45 AM report to moderator
Xz5jc2nr_thumb
22044 Points

cool!!

M_7acd7a9be7fe4d34a98c0074fedad15f_thumb

I was most interested in the mention that we are getting a gory Sectumsempra and not something toned down with the rating, EXCELLENT.

Posted by Dustin on July 05, 2009, 01:15 PM report to moderator
Picture_6_thumb

Very cool. I can’t wait!

Posted by Emily [ROAR] on July 05, 2009, 01:37 PM report to moderator
Dgraymanclockroom37_thumb

I hope it lives up to my expectations (which remain at a low) but you never know.

Posted by Rumbleroarϟ{WBM!}ǝıʞɔnp! on July 05, 2009, 02:14 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Sounds good…

Posted by Won_Two on July 05, 2009, 02:22 PM report to moderator
Hogwartshouses_thumb

Ooo, lots of blood. I used to get subscriptions to this magazine and now I kinda wish I still did. :P

Posted by Bellamount on July 05, 2009, 02:33 PM report to moderator

I remember when I use to get this magazine, its really cool to hear that the Sectumsempra scene will still be gory I was a little worried when the pg ratting came out

Posted by WolfyWizard on July 05, 2009, 06:46 PM report to moderator
Pluto_thumb

That’s too much blood!

Posted by simos girl {WBM} ~Lemon~ on July 05, 2009, 07:28 PM report to moderator

"To business, Harry," said Riddle, still smiling broadly. "Twice -- in [i]your[/i] past, in [i]my[/i] future -- have we met. And twice I failed to kill you. [i]How did you survive?[/i] Tell me everything. The longer you talk," he added softly, "the longer