HBO First Look at HBP: New Snape and Unbreakable Vow, Comedy Quidditch More

HBP Film
July 04, 2009, 01:08 PM

Just when you think we can't possibly get any more excited for the new Harry Potter film, comes a real treat as seen in the new HBP "First Look" at Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. NOTE: SPOILERS GALORE New funny moments with Ron, Lavender, Slughorn and more can be seen in part one here via Youtube. However it is part two that is the most striking of the new video feature. Delightful new footage and clips of Maggie Smith as Professor McGonagall are shown along with funny scenes from the Slug club and party, however it is the darker moments of the storyline highlighted here in part two that are the most fascinating. New clips of a demented Bellatrix Lestrange (Helena Bonham Carter) are shown taunting a truly wonderful Alan Rickman as the enigmatic Severus Snape ("do the unbreakable vow!") and more of the former Potionsmaser at work. Notable however is footage seen near the very end of the feature when we witness a frail and dying Dumbledore atop the Astromony tower facing a terrified Draco, with Dumbledore saying "Draco years ago I knew a boy who made all the wrong choices."  wow.  As reported several times previously, HBO will be airing this program many times in the next coming days and weeks; full schedule of air times on the cable channel can be found here.

Thanks so much to Jonah and the scores of readers who emailed!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Cormac looks freaking hilarious, LOL. I love how he caught the fly.

Posted by rosalie on July 05, 2009, 06:38 AM report to moderator
Dhsmall_thumb

I’ve uploaded in HD version in .wmv format. It’s weighs in at about 390MB. It was the smallest I could get it without sacrificing quality.

Posted by akcorr on July 05, 2009, 06:47 AM report to moderator
Me_edit_thumb

OMG!..WHAT HAVE I DONE!!!??? NOOOOO … i cant belive it…i now think i have seen over half the movie…. >.<

Posted by kraamerXmich ♠{WBM}♠ [Pigeon] on July 05, 2009, 07:06 AM report to moderator
Img_3265_thumb

I love any behind the scenes footage! I wish they showed us more on the DVDs…I absolutely cannot wait for this film! I woke up this morning thinking that there was only 5 more days until the film…and then I remembered there’s an entire week and a half!

Posted by Alli on July 05, 2009, 08:30 AM report to moderator

No no no…I won’t watch it. All these previews are just wonderful, but I don’t want to watch them, I want to wait…wait until the 15th.

Posted by ele0206 -ROAR- on July 05, 2009, 08:39 AM report to moderator

:((((((((( I watched it, and it is AMAZING, AMAZING….I couldn’t resist.

Posted by ele0206 -ROAR- on July 05, 2009, 08:53 AM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

I just had to watch both of them… and WOW!! Tom and Alan look spectacular in the film… I’m so excited! :)

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on July 05, 2009, 10:13 AM report to moderator
Harry_and_ginny_thumb

I love it! The part where Ron hugs Slughorn is classic! =D

Posted by AbiDumbledore on July 05, 2009, 10:30 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter__hbp_promo__3_thumb

It’s being hard to keep my promise of not watching anything more before the movie. I couldn’t resist,so I’ve seen it.IT WAS FABULUS!

Posted by forgetmenot_007 on July 05, 2009, 01:02 PM report to moderator
Cropped_thumb

Oh, I won’t watch it, No I haven’t seen any of trailers and short parts and I am going to keep myself like this only for 10 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by ~ Asi ~ on July 05, 2009, 02:10 PM report to moderator
4235_1144788785487_1400542878_30380919_751770_n_thumb

Watching this was torture! But great, nonetheless.

Posted by SeveraSphyrna on July 05, 2009, 02:31 PM report to moderator
Phelpstwins_thumb

Man, I have this saved on my dvr and have watched it several times already— I can’t wait for it to come out, it looks like they have balanced all the complicated facets of the book and made something that will be fun, sad, magical, and serious. Just like it should be!

Posted by deadtree ♥WBM♥ on July 05, 2009, 06:07 PM report to moderator
Normal_dh_onset_londonday2_08_thumb

no more clips please!
i don’t want to see the whole movie before it comes out!

Posted by DanielleD on July 05, 2009, 08:29 PM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

saw it and was way cool. the quidditch! i hadn’t realized how much i missed it. lol

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on July 06, 2009, 03:31 AM report to moderator
Draco_one_thumb

is this new harry potter torture? making us wait an extra year then only giving us snipets to watch? i want to see the whole movie! (go slitherin!)

Posted by phoenix_girl93 on July 06, 2009, 04:40 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"I shouted at you before you left!" Mrs. Weasley said, starting to sob. "It's all I've been thinking about! What if You-Know-Who had got you, and the last thing I ever said to you was that you didn't get enough O.W.L.s? Oh Fred... George..."