HBO First Look at HBP: New Snape and Unbreakable Vow, Comedy Quidditch More

HBP Film
July 04, 2009, 01:08 PM

Just when you think we can't possibly get any more excited for the new Harry Potter film, comes a real treat as seen in the new HBP "First Look" at Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. NOTE: SPOILERS GALORE New funny moments with Ron, Lavender, Slughorn and more can be seen in part one here via Youtube. However it is part two that is the most striking of the new video feature. Delightful new footage and clips of Maggie Smith as Professor McGonagall are shown along with funny scenes from the Slug club and party, however it is the darker moments of the storyline highlighted here in part two that are the most fascinating. New clips of a demented Bellatrix Lestrange (Helena Bonham Carter) are shown taunting a truly wonderful Alan Rickman as the enigmatic Severus Snape ("do the unbreakable vow!") and more of the former Potionsmaser at work. Notable however is footage seen near the very end of the feature when we witness a frail and dying Dumbledore atop the Astromony tower facing a terrified Draco, with Dumbledore saying "Draco years ago I knew a boy who made all the wrong choices."  wow.  As reported several times previously, HBO will be airing this program many times in the next coming days and weeks; full schedule of air times on the cable channel can be found here.

Thanks so much to Jonah and the scores of readers who emailed!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

I love in Part 2 the bit were Cormac is licking his fingers and it cuts to Hermione looking at him. The look of discomfort Emma gives in that split second is absolute genius. It makes me laugh every single time and its so Hermione. I cannot wait to see Emma Watson performance in this one. She seems so much more confident in herself. Only 11 days

Posted by KiwiMcI on July 05, 2009, 02:59 AM report to moderator
Bild2_thumb

OMG Draco and Snape look fantastic! Way to go, Tom and Alan, you’re great!

Posted by ClariceCuri on July 05, 2009, 03:03 AM report to moderator

Dumbledore on the tower, oh my god! It looks amazing. The atmosphere of the set is just stunning, especially the way Draco and Dumbledore’s robes are blowing.

Posted by Jaymie Brooks on July 05, 2009, 03:16 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_lg5o03uh5b1qeqc7eo1_1280_thumb

that was amazing, as the people with enough self control not to watch it.
I like spoilers, if they can be called that, so i have no problem watching this, i was actually really eager.
i suggest you guys slip up JUST this once, because thay was truely fascinating, and did nothing but made me soo much more exited for the film. o.O
i have been chanting “10 days,10days,10days,” over and over in my head for the past two hours. :D

Posted by HalfBloodPrincess130 on July 05, 2009, 04:02 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter_025-copy_thumb

wow- this has lots of great new footage- it’s definitely making me excited. I’m still a little weary about some changes and leave-outs, but overall, I’m already feeling generally please with all it looks like they have fit in- i can’t wait to see it- there are going to be so many great hilarious moments, and so many great emotional moments- that may even be more emotional put on screen- i’m very anxious to see the astronomy tower scene at the end- i feel like it will have a whole different type of emotional power put on screen. hopefully it will all be captured well.

Posted by Rinny on July 05, 2009, 04:14 AM report to moderator
L_32b0eddba4eb43718eb38ffa016162b2_thumb

I saw this last night on HBO and I had goosebumps the entire time! This film is gonna be EPIC!!!

Posted by phantomdave79 on July 05, 2009, 04:21 AM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

NO, I WILL NOT WATCH ANY MORE SNEAK PEEKS!!! AAARGH!!!

018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

Ooh ooh you know when Dumbledore says to Malfoy “I once knew a boy who made all the wrong choices” Aside from the obvious Tom Riddle, do you think he could mean Grindlewald? Or perhaps himself?

Posted by KiwiMcI on July 05, 2009, 05:12 AM report to moderator
Img_0004_thumb

MUST. NOT. WATCH. MUST. NOT. WATCH.
Aw, hell.

Posted by neeshaknowsall on July 05, 2009, 05:20 AM report to moderator
Rupes_maggie_thumb

i have to restrain myself..i must wait for the film..i have to wait! LOL

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on July 05, 2009, 05:44 AM report to moderator
Defsarcasm_thumb

Oh. My. Gawd!!
Severus and his BILLOWY CLOAK!!

Posted by Tiannangel [FTC!] on July 05, 2009, 05:56 AM report to moderator

“Years ago, I knew a boy who made all the wrong choices.”

we heard that in a trailer, but very very cool line.

Posted by john-robert. on July 05, 2009, 06:28 AM report to moderator
Pluto_thumb

Yayyy!
I Love spoilers so much!

Posted by simos girl {WBM} ~Lemon~ on July 05, 2009, 06:30 AM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

Lol so funny. Lavender and Ron snog and you see dan at the back and then he just yells “CUT!!”

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on July 05, 2009, 06:33 AM report to moderator
Eeyorescrollsparky_thumb

Its’ great. I’ve watched it twice, once last night and then it was on again this morning. Many of the things we have seen before, but it was nice having different people comment on the movie and the scenes and characters. There was more of Snape in the HBO segment than we have seen in the trailers. It all looks very good, and I find myself inwardly cheering every time I recognize a line or scene directly taken from the book.

Posted by Eeyore on July 05, 2009, 06:38 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"What do they think they're doing, keeping a thing like that locked up in a school?" said Ron finally. "If any dog needs exercise, that one does."