HBO First Look at HBP: New Snape and Unbreakable Vow, Comedy Quidditch More

HBP Film
July 04, 2009, 01:08 PM

Just when you think we can't possibly get any more excited for the new Harry Potter film, comes a real treat as seen in the new HBP "First Look" at Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. NOTE: SPOILERS GALORE New funny moments with Ron, Lavender, Slughorn and more can be seen in part one here via Youtube. However it is part two that is the most striking of the new video feature. Delightful new footage and clips of Maggie Smith as Professor McGonagall are shown along with funny scenes from the Slug club and party, however it is the darker moments of the storyline highlighted here in part two that are the most fascinating. New clips of a demented Bellatrix Lestrange (Helena Bonham Carter) are shown taunting a truly wonderful Alan Rickman as the enigmatic Severus Snape ("do the unbreakable vow!") and more of the former Potionsmaser at work. Notable however is footage seen near the very end of the feature when we witness a frail and dying Dumbledore atop the Astromony tower facing a terrified Draco, with Dumbledore saying "Draco years ago I knew a boy who made all the wrong choices."  wow.  As reported several times previously, HBO will be airing this program many times in the next coming days and weeks; full schedule of air times on the cable channel can be found here.

Thanks so much to Jonah and the scores of readers who emailed!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Jkloling_thumb

this was very good and you got to see some new footage :))

Posted by SeVeRuS<3 ツ [ITC] on July 04, 2009, 06:03 PM report to moderator
Without_you__snape_face_shot__copy_thumb

Oh my gosh! I can’t wait! This is so exciting! Especially the parts with Snape! He is my favorite character! <3

Posted by Questyourdreams on July 04, 2009, 06:03 PM report to moderator

WOW JUST WOW! TOM FELTON! WOW! QUIDDITCH! DUMBLEDORE AND MALFOY WHEN DUMBLEDORE’S ALL “I KNEW A BOY MANY YEARS AGO WHO MADE ALL THE WRONG CHOICESJUST WOW! CANT WAIT! <333333333333

Posted by Malfoyluva on July 04, 2009, 06:07 PM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

Oh and comedy Quidditch sounds GREAT!!!

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on July 04, 2009, 06:32 PM report to moderator
Laughing_dan_thumb
2027 Points

not watching it

Posted by sunlitdays (ROAR) on July 04, 2009, 06:39 PM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

Why must you torture me like this? =( I really, really, really want to watch it.

Posted by Christine on July 04, 2009, 06:43 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

The scene with Draco pointing his wand at Dumbledore…..WOW!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on July 04, 2009, 07:19 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

If you string the beginning 5 mins in German along with all the trailers & clips, you end up with about 1/2 hour of the film….

Posted by Won_Two on July 04, 2009, 09:36 PM report to moderator

Wow! So much new stuff. I love Snape and Draco and Slughorn. Awesome.

Posted by badger666 on July 04, 2009, 11:16 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I have to watch this, as it sounds absolutely enthralling, even though my prudence tells me I should not.

Posted by Kirk on July 05, 2009, 01:28 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

no more please! no more! I’m not watching it!

Posted by Matea on July 05, 2009, 01:34 AM report to moderator
Marguerite_thumb

WOW!!! It’s going to be amazing!

Posted by Despina on July 05, 2009, 01:51 AM report to moderator
106_4038_thumb

THANKS FOR POSTING!! :D

Posted by gayle.marie [[ ROAR ]] on July 05, 2009, 01:53 AM report to moderator
Iconator_bbbb8eef21ce737d6ed5a476a38b6d1c_1__thumb

GO BELLATRIX!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bellatrix1Fan on July 05, 2009, 02:31 AM report to moderator
Thecave_thumb

I never thought I’d be this excited to watch Quidditch again. It looks like it’s going to be so much fun compared to the first couple films. 10 days everyone…

Posted by mollywobble on July 05, 2009, 02:35 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"Which of you can tell me how we distinguish between the werewolf and the true wolf?" said Snape.[br]Everyone sat in motionless silence; everyone except Hermione, whose hand, as it so often did, had shot straight into the air.[br]"Anyone?" Snape said, ign