Harry and Twilight, Together Tomorrow at NYPL

Leaky
Posted by: Melissa
July 31, 2009, 10:33 PM

Tomorrow, at the New York Public Library on 42nd Street in Manhattan, there will be a discussion between myself and the webmaster of The Twilight Lexicon on Harry Potter, Twilight, and all things inbetween. It's going to be a lot of fun so if you're in the area (and over 18, as per Children's Lit Cafe organization's rules), come check it out:

Children's Literary Cafe
New York Public Library (42nd Street side, between 5th and 6th Ave)
2pm

Very sorry for the late notice, and I hope to see you there!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Leaky News

Hni_0022_thumb

someone says … "twilight "

i sock something roar and sock something…

Posted by ϟ☮Sindi a.k.a Remy [ROAR!!]☮ϟ on August 01, 2009, 06:05 PM report to moderator
Hni_0022_thumb

specially when harry and twilight in the same sentence

hits wall oops 0_0

Posted by ϟ☮Sindi a.k.a Remy [ROAR!!]☮ϟ on August 01, 2009, 06:06 PM report to moderator
Normal_hp_actors_thumb

If I was in Ny maybe I would have went but I’m in Chicago.

Posted by CandyCane2304 on August 01, 2009, 10:06 PM report to moderator
Normal_hp_actors_thumb

If I was n Ny maybe I would have went but I’m in Chicago.

Posted by CandyCane2304 on August 01, 2009, 10:06 PM report to moderator
Normal_hp_actors_thumb

If I was in Ny maybe I would have went but I’m in Chicago.

Posted by CandyCane2304 on August 01, 2009, 10:06 PM report to moderator
Dhrandh_thumb

the only reason why most of us dont like Twilight (including myself) is because we dont like the fact that another story is replacing HARRY POTTER like HP used to be the biggest thing and we HP fans want to keep it like that, but the sad part is that twilight is new and is getting new fans, HP is not new at all and all the fandom has died where as twilight is beginning, dont get me wrong HP is like amazing and had like a million more fans than twilight, but that is one of the reasons i think why we dont like twilight, because it is pushing HP away from the spotlight :(

Posted by Mosu on August 01, 2009, 11:43 PM report to moderator
Dhrandh_thumb

Posted by Mosu on August 01, 2009, 11:43 PM report to moderator
Dhrandh_thumb

BUT HARRY POTTER IS LIKE A MILLION TIMES BETTER LMAO XD

but come on i think we need to be a little more open minded :/

Posted by Mosu on August 01, 2009, 11:45 PM report to moderator
Arthicule_normal_thumb

I find it hilarious how this whole HP vs. Twilight madness is completely one sided. It seems the Potter fans hate the Twilight fans, when most Twilight fans love Harry Potter too. At least that’s what I see.. so yeah.

Posted by KDumbledore on August 02, 2009, 12:07 AM report to moderator

thats cool i hope you record it that would be awsome

Posted by Andrea Jo <3 WBM <3 on August 02, 2009, 01:16 AM report to moderator
Infinitus_avatar_thumb

I totally get what Mosu is trying to say, but I have to completely disagree. I really don’t understand how anyone can think that Twilight is replacing Harry Potter. Harry Potter still is the biggest thing (my proof is how well the HBP movie is doing in theaters, how well the paperback DH sales are, the media attention HP is still getting, and how active the fandom still is). Twilight, like Harry Potter, got many fans because it was new. The Harry Potter fandom is not dead and is no where near dying. My opinion is that it never will. I think it will continue on like Star Wars fandom or Star Trek fandom has. The HP fandom has lost people and will likely continue to lose more because these people only hopped on the HP bandwagon because it was cool, new, and exciting, not because they have any real love for HP series. The same thing will happen with Twilight. Also, though Twilight is getting attention, I don’t think that it is taking the spotlight away from HP. -—————— This does help me understand the name calling though. As someone who love Harry Potter and enjoys Twilight, it never crossed my mind that these people are jealous and scared. It helps explain why some Harry Potter fans are being rude and disrespectful to another series when they would be up in arms if someone tried to do the same with the Harry Potter series.

Posted by Miss Freewind on August 02, 2009, 01:23 AM report to moderator
281x211_thumb

i like both .. my bestF got me into the twilight series O gee ya .. i still love harry potter ton tons more though … and i always will.. nothings goin to change that! :D……together though HMMMMMMM idk lmao :D

Posted by <3 GRYFFINDOR <3_we_will_charm_u on August 02, 2009, 02:38 AM report to moderator

Mosu – I think the success of the opening week of HBP movie has shown that Harry is still around, and no series is going to ‘replace’ it now, or even for the next ten years.

What gets me into a spin about Twilight is purely from my English studies at Uni perspective – in all honesty the series should not have been published without further editing. All critics agree that it is poorly, poorly written. Even the die-hard fans will admit this.

Posted by WickedLoz on August 02, 2009, 07:18 AM report to moderator
Ginny_thumb

I’m not going to argue about how dumb Twilight is, I’m just curious to see what they’ll be talking about at this thing…..

Posted by RaveKatie [WBM] on August 02, 2009, 10:37 AM report to moderator
12440441_thumb
19573 Points

LOL HP and Twilight Treaty would be sooo funny!!

Posted by R-for-H {ROAR} :D on August 02, 2009, 11:22 AM report to moderator

"Stand aside! I will kill him! He is mine!" shrieked Voldemort.[br]Harry's hand had closed on Cedric's wrist; one tombstone stood between him and Voldemort, but Cedric was too heavy to carry, and the cup was out of reach --[br]Voldemort's red eyes flamed