More on Filming for Seven Potters Scene in Deathly Hallows

DH Film
July 30, 2009, 08:39 AM

Several days ago you might recall we saw photos and a fan report regarding location filming of the Seven Potters scene for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. The sequence filmed involved doubles for Harry and Hagrid as they zoomed along an express way in England in the motorbike belonging to the late Sirius Black. The local paper, Dartford & Swanley Times, has more now with the paper stating "The film crew remained at the nearby Hilton Hotel, Crossways, this week, with sources claiming filming of a scene involving a helicopter was due to take place on land next to the Bridge Housing development yesterday. Another source close to the film crew, added: "They have been staying at the hotel for over a week now. The tunnel scenes are complete but we understand there is still filming taking place on nearby land late at night and involves a helicopter. It's very exciting."

A few more details on the size of the crew emerged, as the article says "More than 40 vehicles for the filming, supplied by www.movievehicles.com were parked on land to the right of The Bridge housing project just yards from the real-life set for about a week leading up to filming. At 10pm on Thursday and Friday the vehicles, including cars, vans, pick-up trucks and an Arriva-style bus were driven to the crossing offices in preparation for filming.It is thought the roles played by Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter) and Robbie Coltrane (Hagrid) did not take part with bosses opting for stunt doubles to film them zooming through the tunnel."

Warner Bros denied any further location filming was due to take place at the scene with the following: "We have been filming at the crossing but we are now back in the Leavesden studio where most of the filming takes place."We rarely go out on location." They denied any more filming was to take place at Dartford locations despite the crew being expected to remain at the hotel until the end of the week."

Finally, the article also claims that actor Dan Radcliffe was at the scene, as the paper states rumors that have been making the rounds "It is thought Daniel Radcliffe turned up with the producer David Barron to try a spell of directing during a race scene in the Dartford tunnels for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1.A source revealed: "Daniel has told friends he is looking for a project to direct when he finally waves goodbye to Hogwarts. He has been approached by a number of producers."

Please note: While it is very possible that Dan has been interested in learning to direct, it is highly unlikely he actually directed a specialized and very dangerous stunt sequence for the film, however we are trying to learn more on this and will update when we can.

Thanks Wendy.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Avatar_hp_thumb

Looks interesting! :S

Avatars_tagline_june08_001_thumb

Dan would be a great director after is all his acting career.

Posted by jediofthelost on August 01, 2009, 10:20 PM report to moderator
Wicca_thumb

I don’t know how I feel about the bike not flying. But I will have to reserve judgment until I see it. I have to have faith in Yates, because of the issues I had before I saw HBP. I have faith that whatever he does will be within reason and scope of the story.

Posted by Brosia, OoM 2 [WBM] on August 01, 2009, 10:57 PM report to moderator
Heartcup_thumb

Oooo, I hope this is just a tiny part of it and we’ll get to see them all flying on motorbikes and thestrals and brooms and whatnot. :)

Posted by Queen Griselda [*Squee!*] on August 03, 2009, 02:33 AM report to moderator

So does this mean they are going to have the Dursley’s in the beginning of this film? I’ll be upset if not…They were cut from the 4th and 6th films, and the beginning of the book, just how things changed for the 7th book…I really wish for them to be in there one last time. There is no reason for them to not be in the film, they have split it into two parts. Hopefully they will.

Posted by BradyAbrams on August 06, 2009, 04:05 AM report to moderator
Before_qudditch_thumb

kewl

Posted by TasyaWeasley on August 12, 2009, 09:09 AM report to moderator
200px-elder_wand_thumb

it is very nice

Posted by yr.yasindu"ROAR" on August 15, 2009, 10:08 AM report to moderator

"I think the only reason I never lost my mind is that I knew I was innocent. That wasn't a happy thought, so the dementors couldn't suck it out of me... but it kept me sane and knowing who I am... helped me keep my powers..."