Tom Felton Talks Draco and Acting in Half-Blood Prince

Felton Interviews
Posted by: Edward
July 03, 2009, 01:03 PM

Actor Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy) is the subject of a new interview from Mexican magazine Selecciones.  A translation of the full article is now online thanks to HarryPotterLA, along with scans from the magazine.  In this interview, Mr. Felton discusses his role in the upcoming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince film, relating his enjoyment of Draco's rise in the story.  Quoteage:

"It's the first movie in which I intervene from start to end. You kind of feel sorry for Draco because he’s just a kid, and his father is in prison now, and he has this inner struggle because of the task he has to achieve. And this time he shows more vulnerability."
He goes on to say that, "Not only does he [Draco] call Harry and idiot, he actually breaks his nose.  Filming that scene was very fun. Daniel was lying on the floor and I had my foot on his face, without touching him, really. Twice I felt tempted to touching his face, but poor thing, I didn’t do it."  Mr. Felton discusses further what the magazine calls his "alter ego," by relating that:
"As an actor, I love to do things that have nothing to do with my personality. Sometimes I catch myself acting like Draco, but not when it comes to magic. It’s more like when I’m driving. For instance, my girlfriend Jade lives in the north of London and I live south. So I’m behind the wheel all the time. The crossing of the streets 9th and Leatherhead can be deadly."
The interview continues with the young actor talking about the response from fans regarding his character, as well as his other film projects and his recently released album.  Regarding the popular YouTube video and following album release on iTunes, Mr. Felton says “I made this video for a friend of mine that lives in another country, but I used a fake name. People found it anyway," he says. “It had an overwhelming response, even though to me it’s just a hobby."

Finally, Mr. Felton looks to the prospect of life after the filming of the final two Deathly Hallows films.  "Everybody loves the idea of trying different things, so hopefully, I can have a brilliant career. But now, when I got to the studio I’m scared to think that the end is near... We're used to having four month breaks and go back to work and seeing each other all the time. It's like leaving school, or worse: our teenage years were filmed. It's been an adventure."

Many thanks to HarryPotterLA!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Felton Interviews News

Cool. Definitely looking forward to seeing vulnerable Draco in HBP.

Posted by badger666 on July 03, 2009, 05:08 PM report to moderator
Hpg05_thumb

haahaha greatt interview…..he’s soo sexyy muajajaja
iloveetomm :D tannkss TLC :)

Posted by potterrock on July 03, 2009, 05:17 PM report to moderator
Bild2_thumb

Vulnerable Draco Is Love

Posted by ClariceCuri on July 03, 2009, 05:33 PM report to moderator
Normal_fredjorgeweasley_scarpotter_thumb

I can’t wait to see Draco break Harry’s nose. He should know better than to stick it in other peoples business
Great interview, I really love that we get to see more Draco in this movie!

Posted by Slytherin Princess ^hiss^ on July 03, 2009, 05:35 PM report to moderator
Draco_one_thumb

omg, i cant wit to see him in the next movie!!! i dont want the series to end tho! :( go slitherin!

Posted by phoenix_girl93 on July 03, 2009, 05:53 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Good ol’ Draco…

Posted by Won_Two on July 03, 2009, 05:56 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

Based on what he has said, he will truly capture the internal conflict that informs much of his character during this installment! I cannot wait to see his final performance.

Posted by Kirk on July 03, 2009, 06:09 PM report to moderator
Ravenclaw_thumb

I’ve kinda heard all of this before..he says the same everyone, or not a real interview?

Posted by Mary11_hplvr*WBM* on July 03, 2009, 06:15 PM report to moderator
Avpm_15_by_cuttlefishbella_thumb

I heart heart heart Tom Felton. The guy’s hilarious :]. He’s right when he says alter ego, for sure!

Posted by Live Laugh Love Potter ♥ROAR♥ on July 03, 2009, 06:44 PM report to moderator
Tamy_129_thumb

Tom is so lovely. That thing he said about doing things as actor he can´t do as himself is totally right. That alter ego part is so true. I believe that´s the beauty of acting. Draco petrifying Harry was so awesome in the book! That scene will look amazing! He is the perfect Draco.

Posted by Tamyris on July 03, 2009, 08:03 PM report to moderator

Enjoyable!

Posted by RavenSmith {[WBM]} on July 03, 2009, 10:36 PM report to moderator
Fj_sbokbillde_thumb

Oh Tom. He is such a sweetheart! It sounds like he will be a part of more of the film than I originally thought, which is a huge plus of course. Can’t wait to see how he portrayed Draco this time around — wonderfully, I am sure!

Posted by Kissa on July 04, 2009, 12:14 AM report to moderator
Xz5jc2nr_thumb
22044 Points

cool!!! can’t wait!!!

Xz5jc2nr_thumb
22044 Points

really nice!!! It will be hard when everything ends!!!

Avatar_spitfyre_thumb

I can’t wait to see him in the new one!!! He is such an amazing Draco Malfoy. I can’t imagine anyone playing the part better!

Posted by SpitFyre on July 04, 2009, 07:04 AM report to moderator

"I love hearing Mum shouting at someone else," said Fred, with a satisfied smile on his face as he opened the door an inch or so to allow Mrs. Weasley's voice to permeate the room better. "It makes such a nice change."