Emma Watson on Harry Potter author JK Rowling

Watson
July 03, 2009, 07:47 PM

Recently actress Emma Watson was interviewed for the Hero Complex blog where she made new remarks about our favorite author, J.K. Rowling, In the piece Emma speaks of her admiration for the Harry Potter author, and says "We talk, we e-mail each other now,” she said, nodding toward her laptop and that morning’s missive from the woman who is arguably the world’s most famous living young-adult author.“I must admit I still feel quite intimidated by her,” Watson said. “Not because she is actually intimidating, but because I admire her so much, and we have all been such mad fans of the books and her and everything.”

Continuing on about how the cast views JKR, it reads:

To hear cast members tell it, Rowling became like one of the wise old ghosts who populate the fictional wizard academy of Hogwarts — she was a fairly common presence but one that who never failed to startle and amaze.That meant more to Watson, perhaps, than anyone else in the cast and crew. The other lead actors spoke about Rowling in casual terms, but Watson could barely tamp down her awe.“I just really want her to like me,.” Watson said, sounding a bit like the insecure overachiever Hermione. “I’m always really keen to telling her how I feel, and maybe it’s a bit much. She is so down to earth and funny and witty....... I definitely see Hermione in her. She’s genuine and brilliant."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Watson News

Rupes_maggie_thumb

aww, how sweet! :)

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on July 04, 2009, 12:29 PM report to moderator
B9ce557d1547686c_thumb

Look what JKR has given to the world…who wouldn’t be intimidated by that kind of presence? She’s on the top of the “who I want to meet before I die” list.

Posted by ErinM {Roar} on July 04, 2009, 12:54 PM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

That’s so cool! I would love to be that close to JK Rowling! I would be intimidated by her too regardless of how much I saw her. The woman is brilliant! But Emma has nothing to worry about JK Rowling obviously loves her. I read an interview in which JK Rowling mentioned how she told Emma the most about what would happen in the 7th book during their little girl talks. :D

Posted by cghambright on July 04, 2009, 12:55 PM report to moderator
Draco_one_thumb

thats sweet! she is so lucky to have an awsome friend/ role model always there 4 her…. GO SLITHERIN!

Posted by phoenix_girl93 on July 04, 2009, 01:26 PM report to moderator
Electric_guitar_thumb

Wow, that would be kinda weird to see her on the sets.

Posted by Lloyd on July 04, 2009, 01:32 PM report to moderator
Ahh_thumb

Loved it!!!

Posted by spicefan78 OoM1 {ROAR!} on July 04, 2009, 01:33 PM report to moderator

I love Emma.

Posted by prettygypsy2007 on July 04, 2009, 02:40 PM report to moderator
Omt1_thumb

I like…

OMT

Posted by OldMrToad on July 04, 2009, 02:44 PM report to moderator
Herbdcdr_thumb

I’m struck by the irony of a brilliant, studious woman who writes a novel including a character based greatly on herself, and then sees and discusses this character with another woman who is like a spitting image of the character she plays and a shadow of the very person who wrote it. If they weren’t both cut from the same cloth, I’ll eat my hat!

Posted by SproutMdme (OoM4,GS,CW) on July 04, 2009, 03:18 PM report to moderator
Hermione-06_thumb

that is so sweet! I love how they appreciate and admire our fav author and that Rowling in turn is always there to help them and keeps in contact

Posted by Witchlover on July 04, 2009, 03:40 PM report to moderator
Harryhermione_thumb

i aspire to be like j k rowling and i love how in interviews emma waston just calls he jo rowling it kinda shows shes not intimidating :)

Posted by hermiones on July 05, 2009, 09:35 PM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

aww that’s so nice and awesome. so much respect for Jo and Emma :D

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on July 06, 2009, 03:34 AM report to moderator
Img_4556_thumb

Emma sounds like a big fan.

Posted by Dolemite [FTC!] on July 06, 2009, 02:39 PM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

cool!

Kc_lucius1_thumb

wow even emma is intimidated by jo! Jo seems like such an incredible lady!!

Posted by KC Nox on July 10, 2009, 02:26 AM report to moderator

The air was suddenly full of the swishing cloaks. Between graves, behind the yew tree, in every shadowy space, wizards were Apparating. All of them were hooded and masked. And one by one they moved forward... slowly, cautiously, as though they could hardl