Dan Radcliffe Talks "Friction" in Half-Blood Prince Film in New Interview

Radcliffe Interviews
Posted by: Edward
July 03, 2009, 08:16 PM

The interviews keep coming it seems, for there is a new piece online featuring actor Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter) from Mexican magazine CinePremiere.  Thanks to HarryPotterLA we have a scans and a translation of the full interview which can be found right here.  In this article, Mr. Radclife speaks on a number of topics related to the Harry Potter series and his plans for after the final film is released.  On the subject of the Half-Blood Prince film, he relates a certain "friction" that he says happens "between Ron and Hermione, more than with Harry. However, I can tell you that my character is very unhappy in this movie, mainly because people keeps trying to kill him, but his love life is scary. That’s what Jo does best: mixing real ordinary life with fantasy."

In regards to the franchise as a whole, Radcliffe reflects to what it would be like upon finishing the final film by saying:

"It will be very, very strange to not come back to Harry Potter. In a certain way it’s like a safety net when I do other projects. Knowing that this will be gone, will be weird. It makes me sad to leave the character behind and not see everyday the friends I made here."
The interview continues on a number of other topics, including music.  A fan of indie rock, the young actor goes on to discuss some of this other favorites at the moment:
"I recommend the band Vampire Weekend. There’s also a girl called Laura Marley who has this really amazing songs, just like another singer called Adele. One of my favorite albums of the year was Love, Lost and Desperation by The Wombats. There’s another group that nobody seems to know another band I love called Beirut. They have two albums and both are amazing..."
Mr. Radcliffe goes on to speak to his talent at karaoke, ping pong, and more in the full interview which can be read right here.

Many thanks to http://www.harrypotterla.com/HarryPotterLA!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Radcliffe Interviews News

Rupes_maggie_thumb

wow, i love reading all these new interviews

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on July 04, 2009, 12:29 AM report to moderator
Normal_hp_actors_thumb

Keep the interviews rolling.

Posted by CandyCane2304 on July 04, 2009, 12:48 AM report to moderator

Great interview, but my favorite so far it’s the one The Guardian just published, this boy is hilarious.

Posted by ethanHP on July 04, 2009, 01:26 AM report to moderator
Electric_guitar_thumb

Good article. I sometimes wonder what DR will do after HP.

Posted by Lloyd on July 04, 2009, 01:26 AM report to moderator
Minerva_mcgonagall_thumb

He certainly gives a thoughtful interview… love reading them!

Posted by oldenoughtoknowbetter♎ROAR♎OoM1, CW on July 04, 2009, 04:03 AM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

Another spectacular interview from Dan!! He’s so smart and soo interesting! I could read about him for hours! He’s also got great taste in music.

Posted by cghambright on July 04, 2009, 12:30 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

interesting.

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on July 04, 2009, 01:48 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

Once again, I am impressed by his perspectives on the series, as he values what it does best with ease.

Posted by Kirk on July 04, 2009, 02:29 PM report to moderator

Awesome. He’s always so interesting to listen to.

Posted by prettygypsy2007 on July 04, 2009, 02:38 PM report to moderator

Less than 2 weeks now!

Posted by RavenSmith {[WBM]} on July 04, 2009, 02:52 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Another interview….

Posted by Won_Two on July 04, 2009, 03:15 PM report to moderator
Ringtailedcat_thumb

another great interview!

Posted by starkitty313 on July 04, 2009, 05:15 PM report to moderator

I’m quite sure I already read this interview….um…

Posted by ele0206 -ROAR- on July 04, 2009, 10:01 PM report to moderator

Isn’t this old news ?
I’m sure I read it before somewhere

Posted by blackravens on July 04, 2009, 10:28 PM report to moderator
1393057603281_thumb
22029 Points

OMG!!! all will be sad!!! ILD!!! Love the interview!!!

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"I think this left sleeve could come up a little bit more, dear, let me just --"[br]"Ouch!" bellowed Malfoy, slapping her hand away, "watch where you're putting your pins, woman!"