A Totally Awesome Preview

PotterCast
Posted by: Melissa
July 03, 2009, 01:37 PM

As so many Harry Potter fans have noticed and as reported here on Leaky, in the past few weeks a new fan parody, formerly called "HP, the Musical," appeared online to very swift excitement and acclaim. Shortly after getting more than 200K views on their first video, the creators took down most of the show so that they could tweak the files and be sure it was seen as an obvious parody.

While those are on the verge of being re-released, three of the creators (Nick Lang, Brian Holden, and Darren Criss, who also plays Harry in the show) sat for an interview; we have previewed the part where they sing "Granger Danger" on our YouTube channel; the rest will be up on the PotterCast audio feed tonight. Enjoy! And subscribe to our YouTube channel or follow our Twitter to get these updates first!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent PotterCast News

Img_4556_thumb

That’s so cool.

Posted by Dolemite [FTC!] on July 06, 2009, 02:41 PM report to moderator

I saw the entire thing yesterday! It was all finally back up. I was driving everyone crazy cause I was laughing so hard. Then I would try to explain to my sis wat was going on….she didn’t apprieciate it. Oh well. I LOVED IT!

Posted by tomboy54 ROAR! on July 06, 2009, 04:28 PM report to moderator

haha….this is amazing!.
Can I find this song on iTunes.?

Posted by You Know Stew [ROAR!] on July 06, 2009, 10:09 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

I loved this so much that I described it to my mother scene by scene while she did dishes. I also acted out scenes from the musical for her :P I really hope Jo sees the hp musical :) I’m sure she will love it as much as we had!

Posted by WROCKrocks on July 07, 2009, 12:24 AM report to moderator
Andysnowhead2002b1_thumb

It was good

Posted by Mugglejeff on July 07, 2009, 01:01 AM report to moderator
Bb620ecb12c9468f9c2bae8e1750bb27_thumb

it is good…:)

Posted by GTHunter [FTC!] on July 07, 2009, 03:41 AM report to moderator
Ghfdjghdgdgfhdfghdfghdfgdfgdgfdg-1_thumb

I love Darren Criss’s voice. :)

Posted by YellowBrickRoad on July 07, 2009, 05:53 AM report to moderator
Pumpkinsmall_thumb

Here’s an updated playlist for anyone interested – http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=7545439A85C4B41D
The original one posted on leaky doesn’t work any more.

Posted by marypao on July 07, 2009, 06:38 AM report to moderator
Resize2_thumb

Love the musical, I wish I’d seen it before the small cuts were made.. but it’s still amazing.

Posted by Aurora_7 on July 07, 2009, 04:55 PM report to moderator
Emma_thumb

i can’t wait to see the musical when it comes back up.

Posted by sinwillys822 ROAR on July 07, 2009, 08:25 PM report to moderator
Ravenclaw4_thumb

this is the best thing since dh hands down!

Posted by mooprs [WBM] on July 07, 2009, 10:11 PM report to moderator
A8e7634a3ee432be_thumb

I definitely need to watch this musical. I had heard reports of it but thought it was all a joke. Wow!

Posted by Halloween Master on July 07, 2009, 10:19 PM report to moderator
100_0938_thumb

I can’t wait until they get a soundtrack out!

Posted by Miss Minerva on July 08, 2009, 01:09 AM report to moderator

Musically brilliant, hilarious, and just generally fantastic. Forget boss Zefron posters. We need a few boss ‘A Very Potter Musical’ posters! 8D

Posted by Kiwifeathers on July 08, 2009, 12:41 PM report to moderator
Iconlunalionhat_thumb

This is GREAT!

Posted by lunarocks on July 08, 2009, 08:00 PM report to moderator

"If either of you get us caught, I'll never rest until I've learned that Curse of the Bogies Quirrell told us about, and used it on you."[br] Hermione opened her mouth, perhaps to tell Ron exactly how to use the Curse of the Bogies, but Harry hissed at