A Totally Awesome Preview

PotterCast
Posted by: Melissa
July 03, 2009, 01:37 PM

As so many Harry Potter fans have noticed and as reported here on Leaky, in the past few weeks a new fan parody, formerly called "HP, the Musical," appeared online to very swift excitement and acclaim. Shortly after getting more than 200K views on their first video, the creators took down most of the show so that they could tweak the files and be sure it was seen as an obvious parody.

While those are on the verge of being re-released, three of the creators (Nick Lang, Brian Holden, and Darren Criss, who also plays Harry in the show) sat for an interview; we have previewed the part where they sing "Granger Danger" on our YouTube channel; the rest will be up on the PotterCast audio feed tonight. Enjoy! And subscribe to our YouTube channel or follow our Twitter to get these updates first!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent PotterCast News

Me_and_james_going_to_school_thumb

i hope they get a good composer if the musical comes out. john williams and andrew loydd weber.

Posted by prof mewthree "squee" on July 04, 2009, 07:50 AM report to moderator
Kit_thumb

I hope they’re tweaking the sound because it was pretty bad. I loved the show (what I could hear) and am excited to hear it’s back up again this weekend! Now I want to be able to buy the soundtrack. :D

Posted by Fereverto on July 04, 2009, 08:13 AM report to moderator
Budgie_thumb
12005 Points

Cute musical!

Posted by budgie on July 04, 2009, 09:04 AM report to moderator
Mewebcam_thumb

we want soundtrack :D!

Posted by MarianaSP on July 04, 2009, 09:40 AM report to moderator

I thought is was hilarious, so I will def chick this out!

Posted by RavenSmith {[WBM]} on July 04, 2009, 09:47 AM report to moderator

i watched half of it and found out yeasterday it was taken down… CAN"T WAIT for it to be up again :)

Posted by no1hpfan on July 04, 2009, 11:12 AM report to moderator
Prof1_thumb

I saw the first video and couldn’t stop laughing.. Can’t wait until they re-release them!

Posted by Theknittingnerd on July 04, 2009, 12:33 PM report to moderator
Picture_1_thumb

YES!!! thank you! according to the starkidpotter people the videos are getting reposted this weekend and they just posted a new “behind-the-scene” video on there youtube channel!!!!

Posted by HollyHogwarts *Roar* on July 04, 2009, 12:42 PM report to moderator
Ringtailedcat_thumb

I didn’t get to finish watching, hope they put up the files again. What I saw of it was really good.

Posted by starkitty313 on July 04, 2009, 05:21 PM report to moderator
Postejeunes4_thumb

I’ve only seen the first part, I hope it’s back up soon. What I’ve seen however was absolutely fantastic. So much effort and obviously love for HP went into this.

Posted by Boy With A Lightning Scar on July 04, 2009, 06:26 PM report to moderator

They should put the songs on iTunes. I would buy them.

Posted by Flourished Blot on July 04, 2009, 07:32 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

This is excellent!

Posted by Sir Nicholas on July 05, 2009, 03:27 AM report to moderator

I really hope they put it back up someday, it was hilarious.

Posted by rosalie on July 05, 2009, 06:40 AM report to moderator
26006_1443063997054_1246721171_31285902_3129949_n_thumb

i think this is absolutely amazing.

it helps feed my harry potter addiction.

sadly, going through withdrawal….

btw, this musical makes voldy kinda hot. hahahaha.

Posted by guardgirlieX0X0 on July 05, 2009, 08:29 AM report to moderator
Th-bronze_thumb

AWESOME!!!

Posted by Bloodtalon on July 06, 2009, 05:01 AM report to moderator

"Jus' try an' slip the rope 'round his sting, so he won' hurt any o' the others!"[br]"Yeah, we wouldn't want that!" Ron shouted angrily as he and Harry backed into the wall of Hagrid's cabin, still holding the skrewt off with their sparks.