A Totally Awesome Preview

PotterCast
Posted by: Melissa
July 03, 2009, 01:37 PM

As so many Harry Potter fans have noticed and as reported here on Leaky, in the past few weeks a new fan parody, formerly called "HP, the Musical," appeared online to very swift excitement and acclaim. Shortly after getting more than 200K views on their first video, the creators took down most of the show so that they could tweak the files and be sure it was seen as an obvious parody.

While those are on the verge of being re-released, three of the creators (Nick Lang, Brian Holden, and Darren Criss, who also plays Harry in the show) sat for an interview; we have previewed the part where they sing "Granger Danger" on our YouTube channel; the rest will be up on the PotterCast audio feed tonight. Enjoy! And subscribe to our YouTube channel or follow our Twitter to get these updates first!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent PotterCast News

Owl_watermelon_thumb

I should check this out when it’s re-released on YouTube.

Posted by Lucia Meadows on July 04, 2009, 04:22 AM report to moderator

The HP musical is totally awesome! I hope it’s back up soon.

Posted by badger666 on July 04, 2009, 05:26 AM report to moderator
16203961-90237a1f008e930988d1722cde5c4947_4a5443f1-scaled_thumb

I never got to finish the musical! Can’t wait til its back up!

Posted by cliff62442 on July 04, 2009, 05:41 AM report to moderator
1393057603281_thumb
22030 Points

cool!!! will check the video later… I’m bit busy!!!

Twitter2_thumb

The musical is really great! I’m happy I already saw it, but I’m looking forwards to rewatch it again ;)

Can’t wait till the rest of the interview =D

Posted by Niphai on July 04, 2009, 05:50 AM report to moderator

I only got to watch about 3 parts of it. I can’t wait till I can finish it!

Posted by Ravenclaw65 {WBM} on July 04, 2009, 05:52 AM report to moderator
Melissa_thumb

HP the musical is awesome. :)

Posted by Melissa Anelli on July 04, 2009, 05:54 AM report to moderator
Ravenclaw_thumb

where was I when this was happening??

Posted by Mary11_hplvr*WBM* on July 04, 2009, 06:20 AM report to moderator
Avatar_thumb

I’m so excited about this!

Posted by siriusismyhero on July 04, 2009, 06:28 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter_and_the_prisoner_of_azkaban_avatar_thumb

I hope the put it back up because i haven’t seen any of it.

Posted by Huddz on July 04, 2009, 06:29 AM report to moderator
Myleaky2_c_thumb

Yay! PotterCast interviewed the HPM dudes!

“Granger Danger” is a terrific song. Actually, I like almost all the songs in the show.

I predict that at future Potter conventions, there will be midnight screenings of the musical, with spectators dressed up in costume, shouting the lines at the screen with the actors, and singing along. It’s that awesome.

Posted by Bandersnatch on July 04, 2009, 06:34 AM report to moderator
Leaky_thumb

This is our very own personal MST3K. Only better, because it has show tunes….

Posted by NinnyTreetops on July 04, 2009, 06:40 AM report to moderator
N1489362413_9748_thumb

I watched this little video this morning, after getting a Facebook update. It’s great!

Posted by Daniela [WBM] on July 04, 2009, 06:42 AM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

It was fun!

Posted by Won_Two on July 04, 2009, 07:00 AM report to moderator
12136_373462265222_814805222_10077577_6700488_n_thumb

I love this musical, can’t wait to hear the PotterCast and I can’t wait to watch it all again xD

Posted by MuggleQueen on July 04, 2009, 07:16 AM report to moderator

"Harry, we saw Uranus up close!" said Ron, still giggling feebly. "Get it, Harry? We saw Uranus -- ha ha ha --"[br]A bubble of blood grew at the corner of Ron's mouth and burst.

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014