A Totally Awesome Preview

PotterCast
Posted by: Melissa
July 03, 2009, 01:37 PM

As so many Harry Potter fans have noticed and as reported here on Leaky, in the past few weeks a new fan parody, formerly called "HP, the Musical," appeared online to very swift excitement and acclaim. Shortly after getting more than 200K views on their first video, the creators took down most of the show so that they could tweak the files and be sure it was seen as an obvious parody.

While those are on the verge of being re-released, three of the creators (Nick Lang, Brian Holden, and Darren Criss, who also plays Harry in the show) sat for an interview; we have previewed the part where they sing "Granger Danger" on our YouTube channel; the rest will be up on the PotterCast audio feed tonight. Enjoy! And subscribe to our YouTube channel or follow our Twitter to get these updates first!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent PotterCast News

Thanks, great!

Posted by blackravens on July 03, 2009, 05:52 PM report to moderator
Img_0004_thumb

It’s so amazing! I saw it all the night before it was taken down, thank goodness.
I sang those songs to myself so much MY PARENTS know them.

Posted by neeshaknowsall on July 03, 2009, 05:55 PM report to moderator
Th_hufflepuff2_thumb

The musical is awesome! I really can’t wait to see it again!

Posted by lunalovegood97 on July 03, 2009, 05:56 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

As far as I am concerned the people who conceived this musical are nothing short of absolute geniuses. The ingenuity with which they infused their creation does not relent in astonishing me.

Posted by Kirk on July 03, 2009, 06:08 PM report to moderator
Bild2_thumb

I really liked them! I saw this yesterday, I think.

Posted by ClariceCuri on July 03, 2009, 06:13 PM report to moderator
49860_1104575754_1481_n_thumb

Looks good.

Posted by Garden State Geek on July 03, 2009, 06:21 PM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

I love this musical!! I watched it twice before it was taken down! I really hope they perform it again with better sound quality!! They should sale tickets or something! I know I would buy them! :D

Posted by cghambright on July 03, 2009, 06:27 PM report to moderator
Puppet_pals_yes_thumb

I love this musical!! It is soo funny!

Posted by phoenixes are in ravenclaw on July 03, 2009, 06:36 PM report to moderator
Avpm_15_by_cuttlefishbella_thumb

I watched the whole thing straight through. And it was damn good! I really don’t like how Warner Bros. get a little freaky over fan-made stuff. Because you really think that HP the Musical is going to steal Harry Potter away and make it their own… >.>. Haha.
Anyway, I can’t wait for the soundtrack!

Posted by Live Laugh Love Potter ♥ROAR♥ on July 03, 2009, 06:42 PM report to moderator
Dailyboothedit_thumb
1964 Points

COOL!

Posted by VioletPhoenix*ROAR* on July 03, 2009, 06:47 PM report to moderator
Capture10_thumb

I bet its funny but I dont like musicals.

Posted by Gryffindor1991 {ROAR!!!} on July 03, 2009, 07:32 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

I never got to see the musical before it was taken down… but this little bit of this song is really good! :)

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on July 03, 2009, 09:42 PM report to moderator
Ari_with_roses_thumb

i’m kinda curious if Jo has seen this yet.

Posted by Amy Darlene on July 03, 2009, 11:09 PM report to moderator
Rupes_maggie_thumb

this parody was so good! :)

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on July 03, 2009, 11:15 PM report to moderator
Kushina_thumb

so great! (:

Posted by hiddenpast on July 04, 2009, 01:08 AM report to moderator

He could see the Quidditch stadium in the distance. Sirius had appeared there once, disguised as the shaggy black dog, so he could watch Harry play... He had probably come to see whether Harry was as good as James had been... Harry had never asked him...