Dan Radcliffe In August Issue of Attitude Magazine

Radcliffe Interviews
Posted by: Edward
July 27, 2009, 04:06 PM

Actor Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter) has given a very candid new interview to the UK gay magazine Attitude, which appears in the August issue of the magazine on newsstands now.  The August issue of this magazine features a multi-page photo spread and interview with the actor, which can be seen right here in our Image Galleries courtesy of our Order Partner DanRadcliffe.com.  The BBC has an article online highlighting parts of this interview, incliding Mr. Radcliffe's comments on his loathing of homophobia, as well as his liberal political leanings.  On the subject of homophobia, the actor relates that, "I grew up around gay people entirely. I was the only child in my class who had any experience of homosexuality or anything like that."  In the full interview he goes on to say:

"My dad was an agent and represented Jonathan Harvery who wrote Beautiful Thing so I grew up knowing Jonathan and his partner and it was just never an issue.  Then when you get to that age at school and someone calls you a poof, and you go, "What?"  You go, "Hold on, why is this word being used like this?"  It suddenly became really weird for me to have people around me who were homophobic.  It was a very strange, weird thing. I've always been around gay people."
The interview continues with Mr. Radcliffe speaking on a number of subjects, including politics and getting out the youth vote.  On this subject he says: "It's so important young people learn about politics and vote even if it's a protest vote to make a point.  Not voting is not a protest."  Dan Radcliffe wraps up his interview in Attitude, which a short discussion of his future after the Harry Potter films.  In this section, the actor speaks further to the possibility of playing late photojournalist Dan Eldon in an upcoming project:
"I'm hopefully going to play Dan Eldon,the photojournalist who was stoned to death in Somalia.  I've spoken with his mother and sister and met them.  We need to make sure we get it right and do him real justice."
A caution to parents, as this interview does contain discussion of subjects and language that may not be suitable for younger readers.  The full interview and complete photo spread can be found over in our Image Galleries.

Many thanks to DanRadcliffe.com.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Radcliffe Interviews News

Fish_face_thumb

That was hilarious and excellent. I really like the pictures, too.

Posted by HannahLongbottom on July 27, 2009, 04:15 PM report to moderator
Screen_shot_2010-06-07_at_7

It’s cool that Dan is so open minded. That’s definitely one of the things I admire most about him :)

Posted by Awakened on July 27, 2009, 04:16 PM report to moderator
Iconator_7fa3cb670bce345350cd6832b9b7b562_thumb

It’s refreshing to see that he isn’t afraid to say his true thoughts/opinions.

Posted by DracoRox *ROAR* on July 27, 2009, 04:24 PM report to moderator
Rat_ava_2_thumb

I love Dan’s interviews. He’s always so open, and intelligent, and eloquent. And funny. You rock, Dan! =D

Posted by axlgirl [FTC!] on July 27, 2009, 04:31 PM report to moderator
0606091731_1__thumb

Well seeing as how everyone’s already wrought down what I was going to, just read the other comments =]

Posted by Jesse~{ROAR}~ on July 27, 2009, 04:35 PM report to moderator

Essential Dan interview, reading is mandatory for all people interested in Dan. :)

Posted by Fonty on July 27, 2009, 04:40 PM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

axlgirl!!! u stole what i wanted 2 say XD !!!

Xz5jc2nr_thumb
22044 Points

well…everybody is free to think whatever they want! Good luck with Dan Eldon Daniel!!!

It really has to be weird to grow up around gay people! Thank God hi is NOT gay!!!

Twitter_version_thumb

Not the hugest fan of the photo’s but I’m not the demographic for this article!!! Also I like 2 think of him as Harry Potter not Daniel Radcliffe, though agree with what he says. I hope that many ppl will share his views it would make the world a nicer place

Posted by sianletley on July 27, 2009, 04:54 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

“Daniel,the champion of the world” hahahahaha. cuttie <3

Posted by Matea on July 27, 2009, 05:06 PM report to moderator
Wallpaper_7_thumb

kudos to you daniel, i was kind of worried after reading reports that he said some “homophobic remarks”

Posted by Marcus(HBP) on July 27, 2009, 05:15 PM report to moderator
2865_1127012896097_1250404635_30357756_4615970_n_thumb

Amazed about some stuff in the interview. Seems like a smart guy.

Posted by got2lovme on July 27, 2009, 05:16 PM report to moderator
I_thought_about_flying____by_siriuslyec_thumb

@DiamondWings- while you are free to express your opinion, it is not ‘weird’ growing up around gay people. It’s a fact of life and I’m sure someone you know is gay, even if you don’t currently realize it. And what if he was gay? That wouldn’t make him any less of a human being, and he should be respected as such.

Posted by PaintTheSky on July 27, 2009, 05:19 PM report to moderator
Poesy_-_copie_thumb

Yes I agree with you PinatTheSky. Dan is really open minded and funny. I really like him! :)

Posted by Hepburn on July 27, 2009, 05:24 PM report to moderator
Potterpuffsi010-vi_thumb

It’s good that he is so open-mimded.

Posted by siriuslysirius11 {*SQUEE*} on July 27, 2009, 05:25 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"What did he do to you, Diddy?" Aunt Petunia said in a quavering voice, now sponging sick from the front of Dudley's leather jacket. "Was it -- was it you-know-what, darling? Did he use -- his [i]thing?"[/i]