Harry Potter Comic-Con Activities!

PotterCast
Posted by: Melissa
July 24, 2009, 06:07 PM

San Diego Comic-Con is underway and there are a few activities you can go to if you are in the area:

Saturday at 3pm: The last show of our PCLupinWillow tour is at 3pm at the San Diego Public Library, 820 E Street, right down the block from the convention center. Talk Potter with PotterCast and dance to The Remus Lupins!

Sunday at 2pm: Muggles, Wizards, Tentpoles and Magic, a fan panel featuring myself (Melissa Anelli), Lev Grossman of TIME magazine, Leslie Combemale of Art Insights, and Heidi Tandy and Gwen Grace of HPEF. Room 32AB!

Sunday at 3:15pm: Harry, A History signing at the Mysterious Galaxy Booth (#1119) on the conference floor.

We hope to meet you here!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent PotterCast News

Moon3_thumb

I wish I could be there, it sounds fun this year.

Posted by Figment on July 25, 2009, 11:48 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_and_the_deathly_hallows__part_i_58_thumb

wow!!!!!!!!

Posted by Astha on July 26, 2009, 04:30 AM report to moderator
12440441_thumb
19573 Points

GUtted I couldn’t go!! Hope everyone who went had a great time though!

Posted by R-for-H {ROAR} :D on July 26, 2009, 06:56 AM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

Comic-Con even made our military newspapers here in Japan! It’s the Big Time, folks! :o)

Green_avatar_thumb

I’m in the same boat as Gryffindor1991, I wouldn’t have been able to go. It sounds like fun, though!

Posted by 3 Weasley Twin (ROAR!) ~{WWW Employee}~ on July 26, 2009, 08:27 PM report to moderator
Rupes_maggie_thumb

sounds so fun!

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on July 27, 2009, 12:47 AM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

:). wish i could go :(

Someday! Me and my six year old who watched the two hour Star Wars special from their panel and just drooled!

Posted by cassadinechik on July 27, 2009, 09:14 AM report to moderator
Img_7118_thumb

Sad. I was down there, but with my Muggle Husband and his brother (who would be interested). :-( Oh, well, I got to see them in LA.

Posted by gooseywizard on July 29, 2009, 01:31 AM report to moderator
Pansy_thumb

I was at the panel and it was a bit of a let down. Melissa’s comments were good but the other folks, not so much. Nothing too interesting or groundbreaking. I hope a transcript goes up tho so you can all read it.
And the host was a bit creeeeeepy, I forget his name but he’s Emma Watson’s stalker. For reals.

Posted by pansy parkinson on July 29, 2009, 06:05 PM report to moderator
Giant_potter1_thumb

The host’s name is Eric Bowling. I’ll give him a lot of credit though because without him there probably wouldn’t haven’t been any harry potter panels these last two cons. I also agree with him when he said there’s hardly any harry potter presence outside of the memorabilia and toy displays at comic-con.
The panels would be better if they were a little more entertaining making it accessible to the casual fans as well.

Posted by mtbsergio on July 30, 2009, 12:54 AM report to moderator
My_quote1_thumb

i wish i was there i am all upset now

Posted by thundermountain7*Roar* on July 24, 2010, 03:24 PM report to moderator

"[Snape] tells me he knows a tiny little bit about dueling himself and has sportingly agreed to help me with a short demonstration before we begin. Now, I don't want any of you youngsters to worry -- you'll still have your Potions master when I'm through

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014