CastWatch: Sean Biggerstaff on TV, Alice in Wonderland Trailer, More

HP Cast
July 24, 2009, 08:25 AM

Many readers have owled regarding cast members and their projects outside the Harry Potter films; as such here is a quick update.

First, Sean Biggerstaff will be seen here in the US this weekend on PBS in Miss Marple: 'Why didn't they ask Evans?'. Check your local listings for time and channel. Sean memorably portrayed Gryffindor Quidditch captain Oliver Wood in the first two Harry Potter films. Rumors abound he might be asked to return (along the scores of others already reported by TLC for DH) and while possible, this is pure speculation for the moment.

Director Tim Burton has released the trailer to his newest film "Alice Wonderland" starring his wife Helena Bonham Carter (Bellatrix), Alan Rickman (Snape), Timothy Spall (Wormtail) and the delightful Stephen Fry (UK HP audio book narrator). You can see the trailer at the official website here.

Robert Pattinson (Cedric Diggory) continues to generate news, with much ado over a recent appearance at Comic Con (photos here) to promote the second Twilight film, New Moon.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HP Cast News

Ronhermione_thumb

oliver wood!!!!! :P

Ronhermione_thumb

oliver wood!!!!! :P

Mac3_thumb
1925 Points

omg the alice and wonderland movie looks epic!! can’t wait to see It! :)

Posted by Parkinsonpansy on July 24, 2009, 12:24 PM report to moderator
What_the_hell_is_a_hufflepuff__by_emptymug_thumb

I CAN’T WAIT!! Helena Bonham Carter’s head lol :p
And OMG, Johnny Depp looks awesome too. I saw a picture of his look a couple of months ago, but that’s nothing compared to seeing him in action. He’s awesome! I love him.

Posted by Andrea Black on July 24, 2009, 12:28 PM report to moderator
The-moose_thumb

It would be cool if Sean Biggerstaff does return for DH … it’s just great that so many of the original cast are going to returning.
And, the Alice In Wonderland movie just keeps looking better with every new pic & trailer. I love how many HP actors are in there. Alan Rickman is going to be awesome as the Caterpillar. I am so excited for this movie :)

Posted by Moose_Starr on July 24, 2009, 12:34 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

I have known about the “Alice in Wonderland” movie for a while… and now that I saw the trailer… well it looks so good! I’m super excited to see all the fellow Harry Potter stars in it! :D

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on July 24, 2009, 12:42 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

The Alice trailer looks very good!

Posted by Won_Two on July 24, 2009, 12:45 PM report to moderator

I hope everyone returns for the final movies. Alice in Wonderland looks great as well.

Posted by Wingardium Leviosa ❄WBM❄ on July 24, 2009, 12:56 PM report to moderator
Without_you__snape_face_shot__copy_thumb

I can’t wait for Tim Burton’s Alice in Wonderland! He is one of my favorite directors! And I love how he is have some of the same cast he used in Sweeney Todd, in this movie! You know, obviously meaning, Helena Bonham Carter, Alan Rickman, Johnny Depp, and Timothy Spall! They are 4 of my top favorite actors!

Posted by Questyourdreams on July 24, 2009, 12:59 PM report to moderator
5684925844783b740791ee_thumb

I’d really like to see Sean in Deathly Hallows!
Also, I love all Tim Burton movies (& Johnny Depp’s), so I can’t wait for Alice in Wonderland!

Posted by Sandra_sk on July 24, 2009, 01:16 PM report to moderator
Minerva_thumb

Mark Williams (Arthur Weasley) is also in Miss Marple: Why didn’t they ask Evans.

Posted by jmgsmom on July 24, 2009, 02:05 PM report to moderator
Avatar_hp_thumb

Awesome … I hope Sean Biggerstaff comes back as Wood and. Alice in Wonderland trailer looks great.

Booooo hisssssss for New Moon. Sorry Twilight fans but I strongly dislike the Twilight Saga. :S

Img_e015_thumb

Thank you. The trailer looks awesome!

Posted by laura399 {WBM} on July 24, 2009, 02:36 PM report to moderator
Bb620ecb12c9468f9c2bae8e1750bb27_thumb

who is sean biggerstaff??

Posted by GTHunter [FTC!] on July 24, 2009, 03:43 PM report to moderator
394omggggg--chibi_rei_thumb

Helena Bonham-Carter, Alan Rickman and Johnny Depp in the same movie? Yes please! :-) Too bad this ‘puter doesn’t have speakers, gotta watch the Alice trailer later.

Posted by MischiefManaged on July 24, 2009, 03:51 PM report to moderator

Harry, Ron, Seamus, Dean, and Neville changed into their dress robes up in their dormitory, all of them looking very self-conscious, but none as much as Ron, who surveyed himself in the long mirror in the corner with an appalled look on his face. There wa