CastWatch: Sean Biggerstaff on TV, Alice in Wonderland Trailer, More

HP Cast
July 24, 2009, 08:25 AM

Many readers have owled regarding cast members and their projects outside the Harry Potter films; as such here is a quick update.

First, Sean Biggerstaff will be seen here in the US this weekend on PBS in Miss Marple: 'Why didn't they ask Evans?'. Check your local listings for time and channel. Sean memorably portrayed Gryffindor Quidditch captain Oliver Wood in the first two Harry Potter films. Rumors abound he might be asked to return (along the scores of others already reported by TLC for DH) and while possible, this is pure speculation for the moment.

Director Tim Burton has released the trailer to his newest film "Alice Wonderland" starring his wife Helena Bonham Carter (Bellatrix), Alan Rickman (Snape), Timothy Spall (Wormtail) and the delightful Stephen Fry (UK HP audio book narrator). You can see the trailer at the official website here.

Robert Pattinson (Cedric Diggory) continues to generate news, with much ado over a recent appearance at Comic Con (photos here) to promote the second Twilight film, New Moon.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HP Cast News

Gatinho_thumb

The Alice teaser is insanely good!!! :P I can’t wait!

Posted by Carol Carvalho on July 24, 2009, 08:28 AM report to moderator
The_one__colored_by_burdge_bug_thumb

The trailer is amazing!! I didn’t realise that was johnny depps voice until the end…he’s amazing!

Posted by Luce-Lupin !~ROAR~! on July 24, 2009, 08:34 AM report to moderator
Funny-pictures-you-must-answer-riddles-to-pee_thumb

I’m so glad to see an adaptation like this for Alice. I can see it actually doing the original stories some justice!

Posted by Jessi on July 24, 2009, 08:45 AM report to moderator
60c9c9ed966148bcbf9c4a4258e60858_1__thumb

CANT W

Posted by FrancescaElle on July 24, 2009, 08:50 AM report to moderator
60c9c9ed966148bcbf9c4a4258e60858_1__thumb

CANT W

Posted by FrancescaElle on July 24, 2009, 08:50 AM report to moderator
Young_riddle2_thumb

love following the potter star’s other projects :D they are all so talented :D i reeeeally hope sean biggerstaff returns for DH!

Posted by iLoveDolores [FTC!] on July 24, 2009, 08:50 AM report to moderator
Granger_thumb

I love Oliver!

Posted by bjullie on July 24, 2009, 09:09 AM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

Awesome! I didn’t know Sean Biggerstaff was still acting! I wonder if he would appear in Deathly hallows.

But the trailer for ALICE IN WONDERLAND looks amazing!! I can’t wait to see this movie!! Pretty much every adult actor from the HP films is in there. lol. But I’m not sure I like who they cast as Alice…she’s not really Alice-like. This movie is a must-see!

Posted by cghambright on July 24, 2009, 09:12 AM report to moderator
Burtondeppavvie_thumb

I would be so delighted if Sean Biggerstaff returns! It would wrap up the series properly I think, & it would be wonderful if characters like Madame Hooch returned as well :)

Posted by Linnyish on July 24, 2009, 09:13 AM report to moderator
4164_73882307837_809377837_1651682_7105008_n_thumb
1965 Points

I so can’t wait to see Alice In Wonderland. Alan Rickman and Helena Bonham Carter together in a film again. Can’t get any better…oh yeah it can cos Johnny Depps in it too lol!

Posted by NymphadoraMae on July 24, 2009, 09:16 AM report to moderator
Jacques_tati_hulot1_thumb

Although i really like Tim Burton and the style of this new Alice, i’m a bit confused by the fact that Disney is making the movie. I mean, they already have the cartoon version, why create a new one with an older Alice?

Hopefully this won’t affect Kingdom Hearts. And Steven Fry with Alan Rickman?! Woohoo!

Posted by Mr. Brightside on July 24, 2009, 09:22 AM report to moderator
Capture10_thumb

I hope they get him to return. I also hope the get everyone else back. Katie, Angelina, Colin, Ernie, Hannah, etc. It would be soo cool!!!!!!

Posted by Gryffindor1991 {ROAR!!!} on July 24, 2009, 09:37 AM report to moderator
Lunagreen_thumb

i love oliver wood! I too hope they keep it real and bring everyone in for the Battle to show how important Hogewarts is to teh students and Wizard World!
Also I am very excited about Burton’s Alice in Wonderland…he’s excellent.

Posted by Flora Lovegood {<3WBM<3} on July 24, 2009, 09:56 AM report to moderator
D474f2f9722352f367d45028747f7d7d_1562290_thumb

sean is a fox! and the alice in wonderland trailer looks great! i really like tim burton…ha ha! helena looks hilarious all morphed like that! i love seeing all the actors doing well of course

Italy_bg_thumb

I hope Sean Biggerstaff comes back for DH, that’d be so great!

Posted by Untitled on July 24, 2009, 10:47 AM report to moderator

Dumbledore now took out his wand and tapped three times upon the top of the casket. The lid creaked slowly open. Dumbledore reached inside it and pulled out a large, roughly hewn wooden cup. It would have been entirely unremarkable had it not been full to

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014