PotterCast 201: Live from California, Half-Blood Prince Reactions and Wizard Rock

PotterCast
Posted by: Edward
July 23, 2009, 03:00 AM

We have for you today our 201st episode of PotterCast, our Harry Potter podcast, which features further reactions to the recently released Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince film.  Recorded live in Milpitas, California, this episode a number of opinions from members of the live audience.  This discussion covers many aspects of the sixth film, as well as how this film relates to the rest of the series.  In addition to this, the 201st episode features a number of pre-recorded listener opinions of the film.  To submit your opinion of the film, please make a twenty-second audio recording of your thoughts and send the audio file to staff@pottercast.com or via our PotterCast Skype account.  This show also contains a discussion of the recent news regarding a quote by film producer David Yates relating this thought that the final battle scene in the Deathly Hallows film would be thirty minutes long.  Movie spoilers abound!

As a reminder, the LeakyCon DVD, which will be available to pre-order soon, will also include all wizard rock performances from our conference.  If you like live wizard rock, be sure to reserve your copy of the upcoming LeakyCon Live Album of the wizard rock live shows at our LeakyCon 2009 conference.  To listen, just hit the "Play" button on the right side of the page (->), or use iTunes, or direct download.

"Live from California, Half-Blood Prince Reactions and Wizard Rock"
RT: 29:15

Also, special thanks to our ever-vigilant UStream Mods for monitoring the live PotterCast recordings.

LeakyCon 2009: A Harry Potter Conference in Boston
“Harry, A History” Website
Jingle Spells 2
PotterCast Vlogs
Podcast Alley
Digg

Direct download.

Remember you don't need an iPod to listen. Listen easily on iTunes, which you can download and install here, by clicking here to listen, or you can just use the streaming Flash player at PotterCast.com or just on the right side of this page. Discussion of the PotterCast is right here. Enjoy!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent PotterCast News

Jacques_tati_hulot1_thumb

Aaargh! Another Pottercast i cannot listen to due to movie spoilers. I’m pretty sure i’ll end up listening to all of them at September. Stupid release date!

Posted by Mr. Brightside on July 23, 2009, 04:03 AM report to moderator
Postejeunes4_thumb

Oh, great, a ne PC! I really needed that. Thanks guys!

Posted by Boy With A Lightning Scar on July 23, 2009, 04:10 AM report to moderator
Postejeunes4_thumb

Sorry, I meant to write “new”.

Rat_ava_2_thumb

Woo-hoo! Can’t wait to listen =D

Posted by axlgirl [FTC!] on July 23, 2009, 05:33 AM report to moderator
Avatars_tagline_june08_001_thumb

I love the live ones the most.

Posted by jediofthelost on July 23, 2009, 06:27 AM report to moderator
Avatar_hp_thumb

YAY!! I’ll be sure to download the Pottercast and listen later! BTW I didn’t know that there was going to be a DVD for LeakyCon! Must have missed that! YAY!! Might resereve that as well! :)

…. It’s a good day! XD

Ronhermione_thumb

aaah!! sooo many!!! lolz!

I can’t wait to listen to this!

Posted by Heavenly_Horcrux on July 23, 2009, 09:30 AM report to moderator
Capture10_thumb

ill listen a little later when I get a chance.

Posted by Gryffindor1991 {ROAR!!!} on July 23, 2009, 09:56 AM report to moderator

Why were all the guest so negative nancy about the film? I mean I had small things I didn’t like about the movie too, but that doesn’t mean I hate it. I agree with the pottercasters; I loved this movie.

Posted by RAB66 on July 23, 2009, 10:11 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_lnohl1j5ya1qenanjo1_500_thumb

sweet!!

Posted by The Nerd on July 23, 2009, 10:29 AM report to moderator
D474f2f9722352f367d45028747f7d7d_1562290_thumb

gotta DL that! i miss the weekly vlogs too lol! that’s what happens in summer, all the things we love change, but thankfully they come back in fall

Image_thumb

HBP is the only movie I didn’t like. some great moments but jeez Kloves sure loves Hermione doesn’t he?

Don’t hate me, its just my opinion.

Posted by Kamidee {ROAR!} [TZS] on July 23, 2009, 11:58 AM report to moderator

Have to work soon but will listen in later. Looking forward to it.

Posted by Phylis {ROAR} on July 23, 2009, 12:10 PM report to moderator

The reverberation in this Pottercast is so bad that I can’t force myself to listen intently for half an hour, and I don’t know how to clean up that kind of problem in a recording.

As for the movie…I was kind of blah about it.

The scene in the cave was Oscar quality writing, but Gambon didn’t rise to the occasion. Maybe he should have read the book.
I loved the subway scenes. Very human. Very not in the book.
I don’t get the Burning the Burrow scenes. Where will the 7 Potters meet after The Great Escape? Where will the wedding be? Where will the Trio plot their adventure and demonstrate how serious the endeavor is by dressing the Ghoul and hiding Hermy’s parents?

So much left out. Strange things added.

Posted by trontech on July 23, 2009, 12:45 PM report to moderator

The nearest dementor seemed to be considering him. Then it raised both its rotting hands -- and lowered its hood.[br]Where there should have been eyes, there was only thin, gray scabbed skin, stretched blankly over empty sockets. But there was a mouth...