Dan Radcliffe, Emma Watson Comment on Piracy of Harry Potter Films

Movies
July 23, 2009, 10:00 AM

As a follow to our post yesterday on the piracy of Harry Potter films, such as the recent Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, CNN has a new video online where actors Dan Radcliffe (Harry) and Emma Watson (Hermione) express their dismay over the piracy and illegal downloading and file sharing of their Harry Potter films. Potter producer David Heyman also comments on the rampant piracy taking place with many films, noting that it not only hurts sales but also affects budgets for future films and more.

Thanks to Katie and CNN!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

384_thumb

I always wait and purchase my DVD’s. They look better and I love the extras. Shame on those who buy the these!

Posted by PetraN on July 23, 2009, 10:11 AM report to moderator
Dddd_thumb

Really..why do people Pirate these movies..I mean,It hardly loosen ur wallet,watching a movie!! =P

Posted by afsha J on July 23, 2009, 10:11 AM report to moderator
384_thumb

Yeah, my first first comment!!

Posted by PetraN on July 23, 2009, 10:11 AM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

I feel bad for all those people who work on the movies and then it’s leaked online or something – like what happened to Wolverine.

Posted by Christine on July 23, 2009, 10:16 AM report to moderator

Hehe! That’s me! Katie! It’s my first news tip. :)

Posted by Heavenly_Horcrux on July 23, 2009, 10:25 AM report to moderator
Capture10_thumb

anyone who does something like that is a cheap peice of crap. its stupid. just wait until you can buy the movie.

Posted by Gryffindor1991 {ROAR!!!} on July 23, 2009, 10:28 AM report to moderator
Twitter_version_thumb

it’s never gd quality why spoil the film Just have patience

Posted by sianletley on July 23, 2009, 10:32 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_lnohl1j5ya1qenanjo1_500_thumb

waiting never kills anyone

Posted by The Nerd on July 23, 2009, 10:36 AM report to moderator
P1010630_thumb

I’ve never bought a pirated movie – just not right

Posted by Hagrid 713 (ROAR) on July 23, 2009, 10:44 AM report to moderator
Lilly_thumb

YUCK. I wonder if they are going to get LIFE sentance? (the people who sold those pirated stuff, not the actors. LOL)

Posted by Lilly-Angel1 on July 23, 2009, 10:52 AM report to moderator
D474f2f9722352f367d45028747f7d7d_1562290_thumb

i hate pirating…i really feel for the business, it is not our right to take what they have worked on, have you seen the credits for those movies?! LOOOONG those are all the ppl affected by pirating. it’s sad. and it is true what they are saying, the kinds of movies that we love and grown accustomed to will probably not be able to be made bc there wont be money for them.

The-moose_thumb

Like everyone else has said, it’s sad (which is probably an understatement) that some people feel the need to sell or buy illegal copies of movies. The cast & crew work so hard to create a movie, and this is like stealing from them … and like Heyman said in the article, it affects budgets for future movies :(

Posted by Moose_Starr on July 23, 2009, 10:56 AM report to moderator

It is so wrong to do that. I know the waiting is hard but considering the pirated material is bad, or unfinished or maybe not what you wanted it’s much better to wait. Besides, I wouldn’t want to put all those people out of work. Shame on them!

Posted by Phylis {ROAR} on July 23, 2009, 11:14 AM report to moderator
Screen_shot_2010-06-07_at_7

Hopefully anyone who calls themselves a Harry Potter fan will stay away from these illegal copies and have some patience!

Posted by Awakened on July 23, 2009, 11:19 AM report to moderator
49860_1104575754_1481_n_thumb

I get very frustrated when I hear people say, “I never pay for music.” Well, you should rephrase that to say, “I always steal music.” It’s just flat-out wrong — whether it’s “sharing” music or buying pirated DVDs. It’s theft — plain and simple. Don’t do it, and discourage your friends as well.

Posted by Garden State Geek on July 23, 2009, 11:34 AM report to moderator

"Arthur, is that you?"[br]"Yes," came Mr. Weasley's weary voice. "But I would say that even if I were a Death Eater, dear. Ask the question!"[br]"Oh, honestly..."[br]"Molly!"[br]"All right, all right... What is your dearest ambition?"[br]"To find out how