Special Half-Blood Prince Tote Bags Made for Comic Con

HBP Film
July 22, 2009, 04:03 PM

As readers might know, Comic Con, the giant comic book and pop culture expo is taking place again this year in San Diego, California. This event which often features many cool giveaways to attendees will see a special new tote bag promoting Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. As seen here, one side features Harry and Dumbledore, the other features Draco and Snape. Past attendees will know these bags are often collectors items with the press release adding more on the bag:

"Created annually since 2006 by the Warner Bros. Worldwide Television Marketing unit specifically for Comic-Con, the bags are distributed – on a first-come, first-served basis – exclusively at the Studio’s two-story nearly 3,000-square foot booth (#4329) on the convention floor. More than 50,000 total bags will be circulated by the Studio throughout the five days of Comic-Con, including Preview Night.

The highly sought-after totes provide devoted fans with a handy carrying case for all the merchandise they take away from the Con and serve as 24”x29” mobile billboards for a selection of the Studio’s live-action and animated television series, theatrical motion pictures and home entertainment releases.

The two-sided “Harry Potter” bag features images of Harry (played by Daniel Radcliffe) and Professor Albus Dumbledore (Michael Gambon) on one side, with Harry’s longtime adversary, Draco Malfoy (Tom Felton), and Professor Severus Snape (Alan Rickman) on the other."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Raven_avatar_thumb

You can bet they will show up on EBay… Just be prepared to spend some $$$

Posted by Won_Two on July 22, 2009, 09:32 PM report to moderator
Hannah-montana-miley-cyrus-hannah-montana-3356951-75-75_thumb

Too bad they can’t sell them to everyone,not just to people who attend the Comic Con!

Posted by HalloweenLimeCat on July 22, 2009, 10:01 PM report to moderator
Hermione_stills84a_thumb

Ohhh I’ve always wanted to go to Comic Con…. there are SO many great productions that go there and I’ve heard so many exciting stories about meeting all the different kinds of people that go…. le sigh

Posted by PineappleCrush on July 22, 2009, 10:19 PM report to moderator

Wish I could go!

Posted by Phylis {ROAR} on July 22, 2009, 10:36 PM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

aww i want one :[

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on July 22, 2009, 10:48 PM report to moderator
1113843612_thumb

Sweet mother maid marian! I WANT THEM!!

Posted by ~^%^~TheWanderer~^%^~ [{ROAR!}] on July 22, 2009, 11:26 PM report to moderator
Minerva_mcgonagall_thumb

Very cool… I want one too!

Posted by oldenoughtoknowbetter♎ROAR♎OoM1, CW on July 22, 2009, 11:51 PM report to moderator
Img_7118_thumb

I’m even sadder now that I couldn’t get tickets.

Posted by gooseywizard on July 23, 2009, 12:10 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter_and_the_half_blood_prince_1__thumb

that’d be nice to have

Posted by chanman on July 23, 2009, 12:51 AM report to moderator
Harrypotter1_1439355c_thumb

OH MAN!!! I really want this! I can’t fly all the way to San Diego to get one though or (call me crazy) I WOULD! ugH!

Posted by hptwilightfanatic4♥ROAR♥ on July 23, 2009, 12:55 AM report to moderator
Phelpstwins_thumb

wow, that is a lovely bag. Draco’s facial expression is not so lovely, though, lol

Posted by deadtree ♥WBM♥ on July 23, 2009, 01:25 AM report to moderator
Eccleston_396x222_thumb

Must go to Comic Con… With lots of money to buy HP stuff!

Posted by Owlpost Hedwig on July 23, 2009, 01:50 AM report to moderator
Little_luna_thumb

that’s so cool. i want one.

Posted by ashes2phoenix on July 23, 2009, 02:13 AM report to moderator
Menkit_thumb

They gave out something similar about two years ago at the Scholasitc booth when Deathly Hallows came out. One side has Voldemort and the other side has Harry (as depicted on the DH cover). I still have mine :)

Posted by Sarabi on July 23, 2009, 02:23 AM report to moderator
Avatar_hp_thumb

That’s so cool! I really want one to bad I’m in the UK and there would be absolutely no way I could go. *sob, sob. :’(

I wonder if there is anyway I could order them? Mmmmm — probably not. :(

But lucky you – if you are going and you get one! XD

"I'd hate to see what the Ministry'd do to [i]me[/i] if I blew up an aunt. Mind you, they'd have to dig me up first, because Mum would've killed me."