Boston: Next Stop on Harry Potter, the Exhibit Tour, Opening in October

Movies
July 22, 2009, 09:54 AM

Cheers to Boston, which will be the next stop for Harry Potter, the Exhibit  featuring many props and sets used in the beloved Harry Potter films. Currently open at the Chicago Museum of Science and Industry until September 27, we've just gotten word the exhibit will move to the East Coast, as the Museum of Science in Boston, Mass states the Exhibition is to open Sunday, October 25, 2009 and run through Sunday, February 21, 2010. Tickets are now available via this link. UPDATE: Photos from Announcement now in our galleries. UPDATE 1: The Boston Globe is now carrying this news,  as noted by the following:

"With a dramatic and perhaps magical flourish, the Museum of Science today lowered a massive red velvet curtain today to reveal two artifacts from its next exhibit: A flowing brown robe worn by a character named Professor Slughorn and a 500-pound, 10-foot tall chess piece... "The exhibit will give our visitors -- wizards and muggles alike -- the opportunity to stop into the world of Harry Potter," Ioannis Miaoulis, president and director of the Museum of Science said this morning at the announcement.

In statement issued by the museum, Miaoulis added," We're confident that this exhibition will attract visitors of all ages -- some of whom may never have visited a science center. This exhibit will spark their curiosity and imagination, leading them to experience the excitement of discovery that's also at the heart of the Museum's science and technology exhibits and programs."

In a press release sent to TLC, it notes that "after its Boston run, the exhibition will be displayed in other major cultural and entertainment venues, museums and institutions in the U.S. and internationally.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Double_thumb

FINALLY!! And it’s open till February 10th so there’s plenty of time to see it. This just made my morning.

Posted by Northernhollow *ROAR!* on July 22, 2009, 12:31 PM report to moderator
Holly1007_thumb

When I saw it in Chicago they said that they were going to make two more stops before heading out of the US. I thought for sure one of them would be New York. I guess Boston is close enough!

Posted by Holly on July 22, 2009, 12:34 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

I;d love to see it, hope it comes to Las Vegas or LA

Posted by LunaLuver on July 22, 2009, 12:48 PM report to moderator

So THAT is where Slughorn’s costume went! I saw it when it first opened and then went a few days ago to see the costume missing! Makes sense now.

Posted by eaglephot on July 22, 2009, 12:48 PM report to moderator

Ah! I now have renewed hope that it will travel to Phoenix. When only Chicago was announced, I was worried that it would be a one time offer. I couldn’t make Chicago work in our summer travel plans. If Chronicles of Narnia made it to Phoenix, HP should eventually, too!

Posted by Noble Birth Descending on July 22, 2009, 12:59 PM report to moderator
Img_0211__2__thumb

Excellent news! I know my son will want to see this (and me too)! For those that don’t live in Boston – the Science Museum here is a first class institution – it’s well worth a visit along with the Harry Potter exhibit. And while you’re here – visit the rest of the city, it’s got much to offer (sadly, a tad too late for the beautiful foliage season).

Posted by sueml on July 22, 2009, 01:00 PM report to moderator

hmmm maybe but i might just wait for it to come to NYC… can we please get more than one stop anonced at a time

Posted by no1hpfan on July 22, 2009, 01:03 PM report to moderator
Spoilersa13_thumb

They need to come to Dallas!!

Posted by lovesliterature on July 22, 2009, 01:09 PM report to moderator
Malfoy_avatar_thumb

I had thought about going to Chi to see it, but I’d rather go to the East Coast than stay in the midwest.

Posted by Hydrus on July 22, 2009, 01:17 PM report to moderator
Funny-pictures-you-must-answer-riddles-to-pee_thumb

We’re seeing it in Chicago on August 8th. It’s my wedding anniversary present. :) Glad we decided to do it this time around instead of waiting to see what the next city would be. We’re actually going to Boston, but not until next summer.

Posted by Jessi on July 22, 2009, 01:28 PM report to moderator

wow this sounds awesome, wicked!

Posted by Veinic on July 22, 2009, 01:29 PM report to moderator
Da1a_thumb

YYYEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was hoping for Boston! NY would have been fine too…a good excuse to visit my brother! But right here is AWESOME!!!

Erin

Posted by Rin68nyr on July 22, 2009, 01:34 PM report to moderator
Screen_shot_2010-06-07_at_7

Sounds pretty awesome. If only this were closer!

Posted by Awakened on July 22, 2009, 01:50 PM report to moderator
Capture10_thumb

If it moves to DC ill go to it. I live in Virginia so DC would be closer than any of these other places.

Posted by Gryffindor1991 {ROAR!!!} on July 22, 2009, 01:51 PM report to moderator
Harry_and_ginny_thumb

I saw it in Chicago too…I was so excited and the exhibit didn’t disappoint. I would go to see again in a heartbeat!

Posted by determinedflygirl on July 22, 2009, 01:52 PM report to moderator

"Where will you go, Dumbledore?" whispered Professor McGonagall. "Grimmauld Place?"[br]"Oh no," said Dumbledore with a grim smile. "I am not leaving to go into hiding. Fudge will soon wish he'd never dislodged me from Hogwarts, I promise you..."