Counterfeit Half-Blood Prince DVDs Seized in England

HBP Film
July 22, 2009, 09:13 AM

Although not quite a week since the release of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince in movie theaters, counterfeit copies of the film are already making the rounds. News today out of England brings word that a raid on a car boot sale in Stafford "resulted in the seizure of more than 10,000 counterfeit discs, including the new Harry Potter film, the Half Blood Prince. The paper continued:

"Officers from Staffordshire County Council trading standards and the police swooped on the site at Brocton, near Stafford, on Sunday and recovered the haul which also included other recently released DVDs, music CDs and new games for the Nintendo Wii. The latest Harry Potter film was released at UK cinemas just last week and is not due out on DVD until December.

Readers will recall of course that as we have reported several times previously, the DVD for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is set to be released December 7th.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Th_harry-and-ginny--x-x-x-_thumb

First!!i’m looking forward to it!!

Posted by DanielBonnie28 on July 22, 2009, 09:17 AM report to moderator
Closeupoftriohbp_thumb

Can’t wait for the DVD! Of course, I have already been twice to see it! Too bad those people had to create a counterfeit DVD. What were they thinking?

Posted by beewell on July 22, 2009, 09:19 AM report to moderator
080306_185747_thumb

Comes out on DVD just in time for my birthday :).

Posted by KayJay123 on July 22, 2009, 09:20 AM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

Good Riddance. I hope those people go to jail. I can’t wait to buy the REAL dvd in December!! I love this movie and I always get the dvds the day they’re released.

Posted by cghambright on July 22, 2009, 09:21 AM report to moderator
Muggleplease_thumb

I know what I’m getting for Christmas… :D

Posted by acciodee! [WBM!] on July 22, 2009, 09:28 AM report to moderator
Screen_shot_2010-06-07_at_7

Wow, that was fast. I hope all Potter fans will wait to have the real thing and not seek out fakes.

Posted by Awakened on July 22, 2009, 09:40 AM report to moderator
58265-daavvy_thumb

It’s a tad fast, but when you think about it not really. They’ve had a good bit of time to get things ready, because this movie has been ready to release for a while.

Posted by LadyCake on July 22, 2009, 09:55 AM report to moderator
Hbp_promo_poster_011_thumb

its really not surprising the market for those is always there
that sounds like forever away.

Posted by H.P.2009 on July 22, 2009, 10:09 AM report to moderator
100_1165_thumb

You know, it took me a moment to figure out what a “car boot” was! I’m not surprised though. I have a friend, who resembles Mundungas Fletcher in more ways than one, offer me a copy of the “early release DVD” a week before the movie even hit theaters in the states! How insane is that?

Incidentally, it took all my considerable will-power to refuse him.

Posted by muggleslovemagick on July 22, 2009, 10:12 AM report to moderator
Twitter_version_thumb

Lookin 4ward 2 the DVD but want a proper copy not some bootleg rubbish

Posted by sianletley on July 22, 2009, 10:20 AM report to moderator
Rupert_icon_thumb

aww can’t believe they did something illegal!! ahh…but i hope to get the DVD when it really does officially come out!

Posted by megan_702*ROAR* on July 22, 2009, 10:33 AM report to moderator
Avatar_hp_thumb

Good that the were all taken I want the DVD as much as any other Potter fan. But I will wait my turn -- even if that is until the 7th December. We’ve waited for other things a lot longer! :)

(The carboot ones would have been a bad qualitly anyway!)

A153_thumb

If you really want to see it again, just go to the theater again!

Posted by NightSky on July 22, 2009, 10:41 AM report to moderator
Polecat_thumb

I can’t understand why so-called ‘fans’ of Harry Potter would buy pirate DVDs. How does that show support and appreciation to all the thousands of people it takes to make the films in the detail and accuracy that we’ve grown used to?

My sister worked for a company that made one or two of the props for Dumbledore’s office, and it took them months of hard work to create things that sometimes don’t even make it to screen. These people all need paying. And pirate DVDs somehow don’t help foot the bill.

In this day and age the quality of pirate DVDs is usually incomparable to the real thing, so they need to stop using that as an argument against piracy, and start explaining to people the real effect on the movie industry when they buy these things.

Posted by Abi Demina on July 22, 2009, 11:07 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_lnohl1j5ya1qenanjo1_500_thumb

wow some one was that stupid?

Posted by The Nerd on July 22, 2009, 11:11 AM report to moderator

"Kreacher is cleaning," the elf repeated. "Kreacher lives to serve the noble house of Black --"[br]"-- and it's getting blacker every day, it's filthy," said Sirius.